Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fate of the Silencer [Annihilation spoilers]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
The Fate of the Silencer [Annihilation spoilers]

Ausstig
11.17.2012 , 06:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Its pretty obvious I mean the new lead writer used to be a writer for the smuggler and jedi knight stories.
Those stories aren't bad in and of themselves. the JK story is bad cause it has to live in shared universe. Besides they are writers I doubt they have a vested interest in one side. As well much of the pub wins happened under the old lead writer, so only one way to go from here
Have Force lightning will travel

Jandi
11.18.2012 , 05:42 PM | #12
The entire Annihilation book craps all over the in-game lore. It's obvious that BW has no intention of continuing the story in this game and will simply just let it rot.

I mean, the main "villain" is a random nobody. Gravus is turned into a moron. Theron has a magical stick that can slice through any and all Imperial security measures without any trouble.

It's almost as bad as the JK waltzing though KAAS CITY alone.

Why they even bother having 2 sides in this game is beyond me. Just make everyone a damn pub already and be done with it.

Slowpokeking
11.18.2012 , 10:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
The entire Annihilation book craps all over the in-game lore. It's obvious that BW has no intention of continuing the story in this game and will simply just let it rot.

I mean, the main "villain" is a random nobody. Gravus is turned into a moron. Theron has a magical stick that can slice through any and all Imperial security measures without any trouble.

It's almost as bad as the JK waltzing though KAAS CITY alone.

Why they even bother having 2 sides in this game is beyond me. Just make everyone a damn pub already and be done with it.
The Gravus in game was very calm and intelligent.

magicallypuzzled
11.19.2012 , 07:53 PM | #14
did they mention the silencer by name as being part of that collection of super weapons? becuase last i chacked that was a part of me and moff pyron or whatever his name was and not some other darth. At any case i doubt it's been destroyed.

BenKatarn
11.21.2012 , 04:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
did they mention the silencer by name as being part of that collection of super weapons? becuase last i chacked that was a part of me and moff pyron or whatever his name was and not some other darth. At any case i doubt it's been destroyed.
Technically, the Silencer is merely a cannon attachment for a Harrower-class Dreadnaught. The ship itself is the Doombringer. The Codex entry for the Silencer confirms it to have been developed by Darth Mekhis and the Silencer is mentioned as being part of the Sun Razer project in the Lost Suns comic. The prototype was left unfinished after Mekhis got killed and funds were cut by Thanaton because he thought it was an unnecessary weapon and then Moff Pyron had the Inquisitor get the necessary component to make it operational.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Slowpokeking
11.21.2012 , 04:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Technically, the Silencer is merely a cannon attachment for a Harrower-class Dreadnaught. The ship itself is the Doombringer. The Codex entry for the Silencer confirms it to have been developed by Darth Mekhis and the Silencer is mentioned as being part of the Sun Razer project in the Lost Suns comic. The prototype was left unfinished after Mekhis got killed and funds were cut by Thanaton because he thought it was an unnecessary weapon and then Moff Pyron had the Inquisitor get the necessary component to make it operational.
Plot hole?

Thanaton only became a council member when the Sith Inquisitor was on Belsavis, and he was in charge of ancient knowledge, I guess technology should be handled by Darth Hadra.

BenKatarn
11.21.2012 , 04:49 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Plot hole?

Thanaton only became a council member when the Sith Inquisitor was on Belsavis, and he was in charge of ancient knowledge, I guess technology should be handled by Darth Hadra.
I guess? There's another note from somewhere else (and still on the Wookiepedia article) that Thanaton was in fact a Dark Council member for almost 40 years, which obviously makes no sense if you've played the game. It's another of those Game VS Comics cases, though Thanaton definately behaves like he's been in charge for that long.

Maybe he had some sort of pull with that particular project, or he was in put in charge of sorting out what Mekhis had left behind. Personally, I'm somewhat getting the idea that the concept of the 12 Spheres (or Pyramids) was not 100% solid when the game was released and it was not determined who was in charge of what and why. Most of the infos on that came from the Encyclopedia and perhaps there were different writes involved.
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Slowpokeking
11.21.2012 , 05:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
I guess? There's another note from somewhere else (and still on the Wookiepedia article) that Thanaton was in fact a Dark Council member for almost 40 years, which obviously makes no sense if you've played the game. It's another of those Game VS Comics cases, though Thanaton definately behaves like he's been in charge for that long.

Maybe he had some sort of pull with that particular project, or he was in put in charge of sorting out what Mekhis had left behind. Personally, I'm somewhat getting the idea that the concept of the 12 Spheres (or Pyramids) was not 100% solid when the game was released and it was not determined who was in charge of what and why. Most of the infos on that came from the Encyclopedia and perhaps there were different writes involved.
No, he didn't become a council member until chapter 3 of the game. In Blood of the Empire he was only given the title of Darth Thanaton.

BenKatarn
11.21.2012 , 05:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
No, he didn't become a council member until chapter 3 of the game. In Blood of the Empire he was only given the title of Darth Thanaton.
As I said, I'm aware of that. I was blaming the Wookiepedia article for being incorrect.

Crimson_Paladin
11.22.2012 , 06:17 PM | #20
It seems like that in Star Wars, whenever there's a superweapon, it gets destroyed fairly quickly upon being completed/reactivated.