Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Possible solution to common issue in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A Possible solution to common issue in PvP

Joesixxpack
11.21.2012 , 08:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
4. Teamwork, knowing your limitations, and having situational awareness trumps gear 100% of the time.
^ Needs to be engraved on large shiny plaques in all WZ holding areas.

Blaskar
11.21.2012 , 01:38 PM | #22
I agree with Touvell. Let players buy their War Hero(since BM is being removed) pieces as they level up to 50 so they can have a full set ready to go at 50. I see nothing wrong with this. It helps even out the playing field and you'll have more competitive matches and fewer people qq'ing because they're getting stomped. Sure, there is still the element of teamwork and if you don't have that you're still gonna get stomped but I think it will help.

And to all those posters who say they spent weeks/months grinding out their battlemaster or war hero gear and everyone else should do it too? How wouldn't they be if they're allowed to buy pieces before level 50? They're still having to grind warzones and save up the coms to buy the pieces. Its no different than we did.....its just they could do it while they're leveling to 50. Still the same grind though. Also, grinding out pvp gear doesn't equate to being a skilled pvp'er. Anyone...and I mean anyone can grind out gear. You don't have to be good at pvp to do it. Last time I checked skill was about knowing how to play your class and knowing your opponent, not what gear you were wearing.

L-RANDLE
11.21.2012 , 02:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Blaskar View Post
I agree with Touvell. Let players buy their War Hero(since BM is being removed) pieces as they level up to 50 so they can have a full set ready to go at 50. I see nothing wrong with this. It helps even out the playing field and you'll have more competitive matches .
Problem:
In competitve matches there is rarely "even" playing fields... It's an illusion... And gear fills that illusion in this community....

There is a difference between "competitive" and "close" match.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

IHate
11.21.2012 , 04:34 PM | #24
Turning off XP and ganking in lowbie PVP is just like Ranked War Hero teams rolling PUGS...the fix for these things is not to turn off XP or alter the gear. The answer is to use Valor ranking for WZs. Make a few more tiers of WZs based on valor rank. If you que for lower ranked WZs you get a loss in Valor which would eventually make you lose the ability to equip certain levels of gear.

To me this is really the only answer to this mess. If you add more gear or tweak more gear you are just adding to the crap pile we have atm. If you continuously allow ranked teams to play down (usually because there aren't enough ranked teams to play) then you will keep seeing people leave and not ride it out. This is why people like the lowbie pvp, because in reality the Bolster is fairly effective in making it not a total wipeout in a pug group...which lets face it...most people are PUGGING in these wzs, so make PUGs more enjoyable by leveling the playing field a bit more or giving negative results to the people that like to beat people with lesser gear.

If you argue that "player X on my team has less valor so I can't play with him now" well, its the same argument for most players/subs in this game when they are faced with fighting for gear against people that have nearly twice the endurance, boosted damage/defense and a organized team to boot.

Valor was established as a marker for pvp. USE IT.