Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.21.2012 , 01:04 PM | #1071
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
We are trying to awaken the slumbering giants (devs) regarding the issue.
1. This is PvP and they've met their quota of one response per month in the PvP forum.

2. It's a horrible idea.

3. The real issue is that so many people actually support this idea... and idea which has no place in the game.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.21.2012 , 01:06 PM | #1072
Quote: Originally Posted by Ionna View Post
in mmos never doesnt mean never ...especaiiy when theyre bleeding casual subs which is where the money is....think the bakers guild for twinkie....WE WONT GIVE IN YAAAAARRRR!!!!!!!==> *** where did our jobs go....
*crosses fingers*

Hopes you're wrong... I think it's a bad idea but you do have a point. The next 6 months will really show whether they're trying to revive it or bleed it to death.

Crawelc's Avatar


Crawelc
11.21.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1073
Quote: Originally Posted by Ionna View Post
in mmos never doesnt mean never ...especaiiy when theyre bleeding casual subs which is where the money is....think the bakers guild for twinkie....WE WONT GIVE IN YAAAAARRRR!!!!!!!==> *** where did our jobs go....
Ayne Rand would be proud of the owners of Hostess, and I hope they dont sell out. I hope they reopen under a new name brand and their factories are all open shop.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
11.21.2012 , 01:19 PM | #1074
Quote: Originally Posted by Feskitt View Post

ps. if you're not sure which side don't want things to change, the next time you queue solo and go against a PreMade, isolate someone on the other side. Go 1 on 1. You'll find out real quick which side is frantically lobbying against a fix, and why.


That's an interesting "angle".

I love it when people play the whole "premades are really just baddies, who are scared to queue alone" card, while simultaneously posting in a thread about premades stomping pugs. Not just a river in Egypt....
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
11.21.2012 , 01:42 PM | #1075
I for one am tired of.

1. Going up against premades even though there is a perfectly good rated system out there, (why dont they use it? because the ques are way way too long because there is no cross server pvp ques.) premades rolling pugs constantly will only bleed more casual subs and discourage F2P folks from sticking with PVP.

2. no cross server ques... why is it that pretty much every major MMO has this feature esp for pvp but this one does not, most of the player base that pvp's are casuals so the pro pvpers have been pretty much discouraged from queing up for rateds which directs them to steam rolling pugs for smiles and grins. with the pvp que system being left for server only it leaves pvp guilds open for win trading in rates now, if they are the only two groups queing then they will get matched together rince and repeat. We need cross server pvp ques badly.

3. The overly excessive CC in this game to hide class imballance, patch 1.4 was the most rediculous patch to date, there were no players out there that clamord for much more CC in WZ's, pre 1.4 was still high but tollorable but the constant CC is rediculous, by the time your resolve bar fills you are dead, then you get the pleasure of watching it drop behind a invisible wall only to rince and repeat.

4. The dead silence from BW on these issues despite the fact that it is and has been a complaint since most of the major patches esp premade's steam rolling solo que's.

im not saying that the solo ques should not allow you to que with a friend in a two man group, but getting pitted against premades / double premades are just silly and discouraging to those types of players that BW is trying to attract. we cant afford to lose more subs and if the F2P folks say the hang with this game then its the death knell, ( word of mouth advertising is the best type of advertising) if you have lots of people saying this is a silly game then its doomed.

the sad thing is that BW will never read this post or possibly many of the other threads in the pvp forums, any answer is more favorable to dead silence. i would rather them tell me were not going to change this or that and if you dont like it hit the road over them not saying anything at all.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
11.21.2012 , 03:26 PM | #1076
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
I for one am tired of.

1. Going up against premades even though there is a perfectly good rated system out there, (why dont they use it? because the ques are way way too long because there is no cross server pvp ques.) premades rolling pugs constantly will only bleed more casual subs and discourage F2P folks from sticking with PVP.
i don't have a problem with solo only Q option, but the real difference maker isn't "is the other team a partial premade." the real question is...do 4 or 5 of my teammates have less than 16k hp. if the answer is yes, then my team loses 95% of the time. that said, the best grp with the best. so it's rather annoying to be their fodder for 5-15 minutes.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
2. no cross server ques... why is it that pretty much every major MMO has this feature esp for pvp but this one does not, most of the player base that pvp's are casuals so the pro pvpers have been pretty much discouraged from queing up for rateds which directs them to steam rolling pugs for smiles and grins. with the pvp que system being left for server only it leaves pvp guilds open for win trading in rates now, if they are the only two groups queing then they will get matched together rince and repeat. We need cross server pvp ques badly.
i sincerely believe that BW would have instituted x-server queues a year ago if they could. I'm as sure as I could possibly be (without actually knowing!) that they lack the technological know-how and/or ability to create x-server queues. and if they ever do figure it out, kiss good-bye to vstar for at least a month.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
3. The overly excessive CC in this game to hide class imballance, patch 1.4 was the most rediculous patch to date, there were no players out there that clamord for much more CC in WZ's, pre 1.4 was still high but tollorable but the constant CC is rediculous, by the time your resolve bar fills you are dead, then you get the pleasure of watching it drop behind a invisible wall only to rince and repeat.
+1. iunno who asked for more CC, but please unsub and recant...preferably in reverse order. thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
4. The dead silence from BW on these issues despite the fact that it is and has been a complaint since most of the major patches esp premade's steam rolling solo que's.
yeah..umm....iunno. I would say that given BW's inability to construct x-server or intuitive queues, a solo only option is the next best thing. they could also stop trying to back fill wz's and just let them end, or they could give ppl a choice about whether they wanna join an in progress wz or remain in queue for a fresh one - also, set a cutoff "score" for each WZ in regard to when a back fill can/will be brought in.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
the sad thing is that BW will never read this post or possibly many of the other threads in the pvp forums, any answer is more favorable to dead silence. i would rather them tell me were not going to change this or that and if you dont like it hit the road over them not saying anything at all.
no. it's prolly more sad that I re-upped my 6 month sub, knowing full well that BW won't do much or anything over that period of time. damn you lucas!
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.21.2012 , 04:03 PM | #1077
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
iyeah..umm....iunno. I would say that given BW's inability to construct x-server or intuitive queues, a solo only option is the next best thing.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

PvP Update in 1.2

This was from the 1.2 update, which as we know the PvP aspect was pulled 16 hours or so before the patch. However, I'll direct to this quote here:

Quote: Originally Posted by PvP Update 1.2
The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings, etc. However, in order to ensure that players won’t have to wait too long for a match to occur, the system will become more ‘flexible’ over time. Solo and group queued players might be pulled together after a while if needed to launch a match. If a match cannot be made for extended periods of time, then Normal and Rank queued players (except those who queued as a group of five or more) might be pulled together to launch a ‘mixed’ match. Players will always be notified when a mixed match is made on the Warzone enter prompt. The rewards received in mixed matches will be based on how the player queued (type of commendations, rating adjustment if any, etc.).

We know that the flexible matchmaking and mixed matches are not ideal. They are only in until cross-server queuing is available.
While this is refering to ranked, I'd like to note the Biowares orginal idea was a matchmaking system based on some criteria, and that the goal would be solo and premade queues, with cross over to keep the matches fluid. The same idea could work just as well for Non-Ranked.

As for anyone wondering about the -last line- It is in referece to mixed matches/matchmaking of Ranked vs. Unranked players, not Group vs. Solo players.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.21.2012 , 04:32 PM | #1078
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Just thought I'd throw this out there.

PvP Update in 1.2

This was from the 1.2 update, which as we know the PvP aspect was pulled 16 hours or so before the patch. However, I'll direct to this quote here:
.
Interesting... so a solo queue for ranked was always a possibility (which I hate) and the idea of some kind of match making as well. I also liked seeing them mention cross server even though if you look around you won't find any of the dev team talking about cross server any more recent than March 2011. Which was around 1.2.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
11.22.2012 , 09:41 AM | #1079
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Interesting... so a solo queue for ranked was always a possibility (which I hate) and the idea of some kind of match making as well. I also liked seeing them mention cross server even though if you look around you won't find any of the dev team talking about cross server any more recent than March 2012 Which was around 1.2.
*fixed* and +1

solo queues for ranked is utterly ridiculous. composition is essential in a full premade (8) because you're going in against a full premade. solo queues would turn out like group finder (in every mmo) where any idiot who is a tank/heal class will queue as tank/heal just to shorten his wait time, but he is in fact a dps. plus, how do you decide what strat you're going to employ if you don't choose your own team. e.g., 2 tanks and 2 heals? that's vanilla, but 1 tank and 3 heals as well as 5 dps and 3 heals tend to wreck the team that's handicapped in the dps dpt with 2 tanks.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

filipesantana's Avatar


filipesantana
11.22.2012 , 09:53 AM | #1080
Team playing based game encourages team play...therefore prelates are encouraged...so ye solo queu is wrong


2 options:stop playing or be social

Also, I can not (after paying a sub) endure to play with randoms when90% of the sw
Swtor pvp community lacks any type of pvp skill..the frustration when solo queuing is just too much to bare, I'm not here to teach,carry or "just play"..yes I'm an elitist jerk, but I never wanted to please everyone anyway..even when in a premade sometimes I get frustrated with the 4 randoms in the team...


I premade to be sure half the team knows what they are doing..since the majority doesn't ..


(this is why I suport rated pvp and rating
Requirements on gear.. Ratings are the only skill mesure available..and skill should be rewarded..not the lack of it)