Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Quinn $#%%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior
So Quinn $#%%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

Toir
11.04.2012 , 01:22 PM | #11
i want option to kill him or at least drop him in the nearest rock and get another companion instead him. the option to switch companion for another options with their own personal story would be awesome.

Fayzon
11.05.2012 , 04:43 PM | #12
I was really disappointed with that. I knew it was coming, but I had hoped if you romanced him it would be, I dunno a little different? He didn't even seem a little down that he was killing his lover. And he just rejoins the party like nothing happened. Never makes it up too you, it's like they just stopped all development in his whole storyline.

Arlanon
11.13.2012 , 05:24 AM | #13
"I've been monitoring you! Studying you! These two droids are the result of hundreds of hours of survelliance! They are the perfect killing machines, designed specifically to destroy you!"

(except the part where you have a 1 minute droid stun. He must have called in sick that day)

Chaloss
11.13.2012 , 06:00 AM | #14
I do not think I even stunned those pathetic droids. My Marauder forgave as to her it was so pathetic attempt that Quinn was not trying to really kill her.

Arlanon
11.13.2012 , 01:26 PM | #15
That is a legit possibility I hadn't considered.

You do not say "no" to Darth Baras. Maybe he was going through the motions but he really did know that his plan would not succeed.

Bleeters
11.14.2012 , 05:39 PM | #16
I think the part that bugs me isn't so much the actual betrayal, so much as how it fits with the rest of the story. As in, it doesn't: he just rejoins you and it's back to business without so much as a word.

Hell, I choked him to within an inch of his life, told him he was free to return to the crew but no longer welcome in my character's quarters (supposedly ending their relationship), and when I went to talk to him aboard the ship afterwards? He proposed marriage.

Wat.

davanev
11.17.2012 , 04:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by sumuser View Post
if you got that upset about it, the story tellers got it right

I thought that was the best story twist to date! Much better than the boring BH storyline I did first. I don't think you should be able to kill him though, as once the nerd rage dies down you might really regret not having a healer... especially if you're a jugg tank. I though just beating the crap out of him and liberal doses of my sith social ability (punish or whatever) was sufficient.
I don't give a **** about not having a healer - I want that piece of gutter trash dead ! This is a an RPG and i fail to see how any truly DS Sith, male or female, leaves Quinnn with his head attached.

My Sith has kept Vette's shock collar firmly in place and left a trail of corpses halfway across the universe. My Sith kills people who so much as look at him funny let alone try to kill him. There is zero doubt that my Sith would have scattered pieces of Quinn all over the scenery. Even if we assume he controlled his gut instinct towards homicide (unlikely for Sith) his intellectuctual response to betrayal would be to punish it so severely that no one in their right mind would consider making the same mistake. Frankly Quinn would have been lucky if my Sith acted emotionally and beat him to death. If by any chance he had thought the situation through Quninn's demise might have taken days and involved much screaming.

Good writing gives me a chance to remain true to my character, this 3rd rate excuse for a script forces me to do something fundamantally unbelievable. I have retcinned it in my head. My warrior kept Quinn alive in the short term by promising him his life and tricking him back onto the ship. There he was slowly and painfully executed for the education and enterttainment of the crew. His stuffed corpse now stand on the bridge as testimony to the price of treason. Since that moment I have not spoken to Quinn or used him for a crew task.

This costs me - I a am missing a healer and a am limited in crew tasks but I don't care. The only acceptable solution to me, the only one that permits me to continue with my warrior is that Quinn is dead - and this is the one that poor writing forces me to make up for myself.

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.21.2012 , 07:14 AM | #18
I read that for a time in the beta there were options to permanently dismiss/kill companions. They took this out of the game because people cried about being short a companion later on because of this.

monkgryphon
11.21.2012 , 04:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I read that for a time in the beta there were options to permanently dismiss/kill companions. They took this out of the game because people cried about being short a companion later on because of this.
This was also before they designated what each companion's role would be. At one time in beta, the customizations are what made their roles. So any of them could be any of the roles.

WillCaedes
11.21.2012 , 06:20 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
This was also before they designated what each companion's role would be. At one time in beta, the customizations are what made their roles. So any of them could be any of the roles.
Of course then people probably cried about how complex such a system was and how too difficult it was to comphrehend...ah this game should have been so much better.

My viewpoint on this, with my Juggernaut is this: Yeah Quinn would have been slowly executed had I had an actual choice. I don't need a healer, I use Jaesa all the time, if I need a healer, I ask for a REAL, LIVE, HUMAN to group up with me for y'know, flashpoints and all that good stuff.

Thanks for holding my hand and making my choices for me Bioware. I really appreciate it.

Bioware, taking the RP out of RPG since Mass Effect 3.
Patch 2.7.1 - We're more concerned about getting the latest greatest Cartel Cash Market item out, then making sure our servers are adequately stable for gameplay. You might be lagging folks, but look! A Black varayactly and a reskinned armor coming soon!