Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated Tanking Spreadsheet (Universal)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Updated Tanking Spreadsheet (Universal)

MuscarKrone
11.19.2012 , 04:24 AM | #11
OK, so I filled this out...
I am a bit surprised by what it wants me to do...
I left the game about 5 months ago, recently came back. My tank suit was fairly inline at the time I left, but I thought I had put too much focus on HP over defense.Half of my augments are just AIM/Endurance.

The Min/Maxer inside me is never happy, I had always assumed I should remove the Endurance augments, and pick pure defensive stat augments. My line of thinking is It does not matter how big my health pool is in long boss fights, I need to make the overall amount of healing per second that I need lower. A larger health pool will never help that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1lxVjhsUVdoeHc

http://i.imgur.com/o3UO2.jpg

Yet this tells me I need 100 more endurance and 100 less defense chance?!?! Sorry, I have a hard time accepting this would help me, whats your thoughts?

I am in full campaign now, working on the new level of gear. We cleared the newer raid, and killed Toth/Zorn on Nightmare mode tonight. But Its a struggle, and I feel like I can optimize my tank suit quite a bit more.

I have like ~200 Black hole comms, Im saving up for the implant I guess... but some people tell me new higher endurance armoring are now available for purchase. So I may hold off on spending those until I get a few new pieces of armor, and then fill in the armoring in the drops that I do not get soon.
Muscar Krone
Vanguard - Trooper ::: :::
Crimson Elite - Jung Ma ::: :::

Marb
11.19.2012 , 04:33 AM | #12
The bottom blue cell is where you can add or subtract in increments and see what the effect on your stats will be before you actually go ahead and re-mod/re-augment. The base template comes with pre set values down there, you should clear each of those cells.

Its not saying you need to drop 100 defence, its just the number that's already in the template, which you should clear to 0 if you want to do some adjustments of your own.
Zerkhan - Harbinger

sankalp
11.20.2012 , 05:47 PM | #13
My current setup is

Armor : 6251
End: 2262
HP: 254xx (Spreadsheet shows it at 26522 for some reason)
DEf: 411 (27.93%)
Shield: 686 (68.97%)
Absorb : 702 (63.66%)

Armor Equiv: 1::1.79062::1.6023::1.51802

I use 2 WH relics +113 def and +113 shield.

What I see is armor equiv means I need a bit more def and a bit less absorb
+36 def -36 absorb(2 augs) gives me

Def: 28.71%
Shield: 68.97%
Absorb: 62.79%

Armor Equiv: 1::1.7317::1.5650::1.6297

modified damage taken = - 0.03%

At this point it tells me that addind def is more beneficial but it needs to come out of shield, at which time abosrb effectiveness takes a hit. adn then it becomes too much for me to remove either relic and replace with healing proc.

Also,

Squishiness 0.248556921
SigmaSquish 0.243048069
Spikey-ness 1.701336485

Could you explain these numbers a bit more, I dont know what exactly they mean.

FillionFan
11.21.2012 , 03:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
If you have a more authoritative calculation for Sonic/Blade Barrier absorption, I'm all ears.
I do not. I'm a jugg and I wish that calculation were accurate. Again, all I can say is the logs do not support this. Always less than 1k. I don't need the right answer to tell you yours is wrong.

Quote: Originally Posted by MuscarKrone View Post
Yet this tells me I need 100 more endurance and 100 less defense chance?!?! Sorry, I have a hard time accepting this would help me, whats your thoughts?
Marb is right. I left the stats in there a demonstration of how the gear change works. The sheet does not make suggestions. It only calculates the current value of the stat in relation to each and their own diminishing returns curve.

Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
At this point it tells me that addind def is more beneficial but it needs to come out of shield, at which time abosrb effectiveness takes a hit. adn then it becomes too much for me to remove either relic and replace with healing proc.
The stat weights are on a constantly sliding scale such that changing one affects the values of the others. That's what makes it useful. If you want to use a relic that cannot be quantified in the stats, then I would switch it out as best you can and then rebalance your stats with switching augments/mods/enhancements.

Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
Squishiness 0.248556921
SigmaSquish 0.243048069
Spikey-ness 1.701336485

Could you explain these numbers a bit more, I dont know what exactly they mean.
First for these numbers, smaller is always better. Second, I didn't make that part, but Squish is really the same as Total Mitigation which I did make specifically because I preferred it that way. Squish is the average % of the boss's total (ranged/melee) damage that you take after mitigation. Total Mitigation is the average percent of the damage that is stopped by your mitigation.

The others are more complicated... Sigma-squish is the typical consistency of how your health drops (steady vs. inconsistent). High defense and/or low armor both tend to make this go up whereas high shield/absorb and/or armor make this go down because you shield more attacks than you dodge and armor (for the purposes of this) catches everything so the damage level you take is more consistent. Healers prefer slow, predictable levels of health loss.

Spikey-ness is really a measure of armor so there's really no control over it in SWTOR currently. It compares how much damage reduction is from dodge/deflect compared to armor.

Squish is an overall survivability view whereas Sigma-squish and Spikey-ness focus on situational survivability and how to negate RNG issues (i.e. keeping health loss steady rather than "spikey").

Assassin tanks will always be the highest in spikiness because you have less armor. However your self-healing, which is not accounted for here, negates a lot of this. For this reason do not compare your Spikey-ness or Sigma-squish to non-Assassin tanks. It is fairly safe to compare Squishiness/Total Mitigation across classes but self-healing (and jugg sonic barrier) does affect this as well (and cannot be accounted for).

Razzberry
12.01.2012 , 05:35 AM | #15
Where does the 22% base defense for Juggernauts come from? In-game it says 14% (5% base + 9% from skills/buffs).

grallmate
12.01.2012 , 10:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Razzberry View Post
Where does the 22% base defense for Juggernauts come from? In-game it says 14% (5% base + 9% from skills/buffs).
5% Base
9% Stance
3% Blade Barricade
5% Accuracy Debuff

22% Total
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]