Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wintermist
11.21.2012 , 03:00 PM | #631
Well, they're noobs, that's the problem. They don't know what's wrong and they hide their head in the sand until they do. As far as I'm concerned, it's better to say "We don't know what's wrong yet" rather than not say anything at all.

It's like going back to the store with an item that didn't work, and it's on warranty. The store clerk just looks at you but doesn't say a single word. Either you hit him hard on the jaw, or you just walk out of the store and never return.

One-Zero
11.21.2012 , 03:16 PM | #632
I too have been having the issue shared by many others in this thread of being unable to purchase cartel coins for the past 5 days or so.
Just took the long way home.

Marunette
11.21.2012 , 03:25 PM | #633
Update - called the customer service number on Skype and got through in less than an hour, and got to talk to, apparently, a person on a special team. So this is being looked into. =) I was left with a very good feeling about my call, even though it did take some time to get to the bottom of the issue.

I was told there was a limit to the number of transactions per day - 5 - and that it locks one out after that for 24 hours, and each attempt after that fails resets the lock. Now, I being a timid and careful buyer bought in several small packs... d'oh, lockout. >_< I wish I would have known then what I know now. I hope this is helpful for some of you who could buy first but now get the error message?

Special thanks to the person with the wonderful Irish accent who helped me, should be sorted by the time I next tackle the game. ^^
Sith Lady of the Sneers.
Cross the streams at your own risk.

Antiskeptic
11.21.2012 , 03:33 PM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by Marunette View Post
Update - called the customer service number on Skype and got through in less than an hour, and got to talk to, apparently, a person on a special team. So this is being looked into. =) I was left with a very good feeling about my call, even though it did take some time to get to the bottom of the issue.

I was told there was a limit to the number of transactions per day - 5 - and that it locks one out after that for 24 hours, and each attempt after that fails resets the lock. Now, I being a timid and careful buyer bought in several small packs... d'oh, lockout. >_< I wish I would have known then what I know now. I hope this is helpful for some of you who could buy first but now get the error message?

Special thanks to the person with the wonderful Irish accent who helped me, should be sorted by the time I next tackle the game. ^^
That's all good and nice for you, someone who was able to buy some amount of coins, I however have not been able to purchase any CC from the very first attempt I made.
//

Marunette
11.21.2012 , 03:47 PM | #635
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post
That's all good and nice for you, someone who was able to buy some amount of coins, I however have not been able to purchase any CC from the very first attempt I made.
I urge you to call them if you haven't by now. It's a long wait, most likely, but they must be pretty swamped. From what I saw, they _do_ have some people there who are honestly helpful and can hopefully solve the problem for you quickly. If you haven't called - then no reason to complain if others get results. =)

If you can't use the phone - Skype calling is free and works. I just tried.
Sith Lady of the Sneers.
Cross the streams at your own risk.

JamieKirby
11.21.2012 , 04:03 PM | #636
I will wait a couple of days and try again.

They really need to change the message if it is indeed a lockout thing and not a real error.

Or even better, have a timer on our accounts' page, so we can see how long we have left.

Caractacus
11.21.2012 , 04:22 PM | #637
Quote: Originally Posted by Marunette View Post

the lockout being reset everytime you attempt to buy coins makes perfect sense...and I will wait until tomorrow to try to buy more coins. However, if the problem is as simple as that, why hasnt someone from BW been on this thread to tell us to stop trying for 24 hours? Why would they tell us to delete our cookies and try another browser? That just results in us resetting this supposed lockout. That makes no sense.
Can someone from BW please confirm this 24 hour lockout?

Wintermist
11.21.2012 , 04:37 PM | #638
And it does not explain why we can no longer enter a new payment option at all once we delete it. How are we supposed to continue our subscriptions at all once the time runs out?

They need to give us some info here.

Pect
11.21.2012 , 04:49 PM | #639
Clearly that support guy lied to you on the phone, sorry but you really think its THAT simple? I waited 30-40 hours for my last attempt cause i got fed up checking everyday, and guess what. "Error" and neither can i setup a subcribtion with my CC that has had a swtor subscibtion since launch. Bioware and EA dont give a rats *** about how much we moan or how many pages our threads fill. And it has always been like that. Its why they given 3 auto responses to this thread, eventhough its 60+ pages long.

Pect
11.21.2012 , 04:54 PM | #640
But for people with this problem, honesty, the best advice right now. Is to knock out your daylies and start buying the items on the GNT that your after. Before they fix this problem, you prob have bought the first 1-3 items anyway and might end up saving some $.