Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

new pvp gear is just a time sink not content

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
new pvp gear is just a time sink not content

Darkoman
11.21.2012 , 02:29 PM | #11
its not the WZ's that are the problem it is the principle of the matter. The new gear will lower comparative effectiveness and I am alright with that. I just dislike the idea of grinding to get the comparatively less effective gear from what i have now. My daily gets done every day doesnt mean i have to do it though to stay compeditive
Member of Pathfinder; a sub-group of the Jedi Order assigned to locate and protect initiate force users
SWTOR-RP Guide

MiaRB
11.21.2012 , 02:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkoman View Post
its not the WZ's that are the problem it is the principle of the matter. The new gear will lower comparative effectiveness and I am alright with that. I just dislike the idea of grinding to get the comparatively less effective gear from what i have now. My daily gets done every day doesnt mean i have to do it though to stay compeditive
huh? so your real complaint is you wont have a big gear advantage because everyone will be in at least WH gear? you would be ok with the new EWH gear if it was a big boost over WH gear so you can keep your "comparative effectiveness" over those without top gear?

or am i totally misunderstanding what you are saying?
can't wait for this game to come out!

CharterMonkKent
11.21.2012 , 02:40 PM | #13
I also don't understand what you are trying to say. I think you are saying that..

1. you like having better gear than others

2. it will now be easier for competitors to get the same gear you have now

1 + 2 = 3. When people have the same gear as you, you think your gear is less effective

If I got that right. I think that's a personal preference more than a "what's good for the game" preference.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Darkoman
11.21.2012 , 02:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
I also don't understand what you are trying to say. I think you are saying that..

1. you like having better gear than others

2. it will now be easier for competitors to get the same gear you have now

1 + 2 = 3. When people have the same gear as you, you think your gear is less effective

If I got that right. I think that's a personal preference more than a "what's good for the game" preference.
your not understanding me right. I am fine with making the current WH gear easier I am also ok with making the current BM and WH closer. What i am not alright with is having to grind more stupid tokens to have top tier gear that is comparatively less effective (the difference between tier 1 & 2) than it is now.
Member of Pathfinder; a sub-group of the Jedi Order assigned to locate and protect initiate force users
SWTOR-RP Guide

Crawelc
11.21.2012 , 03:02 PM | #15
your not understanding me right. I am fine with making the current WZ gear easier I am also ok with making the current BM and WZ closer. What i am not alright with is having to grind more stupid tokens to have top tier gear that is comparatively less effective (the difference between tier 1 & 2) than it is now.
WOW you hit it all in a nutshell with Comparatively Less Effective.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

CharterMonkKent
11.21.2012 , 03:11 PM | #16
your not understanding me right. I am fine with making the current WZ gear easier I am also ok with making the current BM and WZ closer. What i am not alright with is having to grind more stupid tokens to have top tier gear that is comparatively less effective (the difference between tier 1 & 2) than it is now.
Ok i see. You feel you "have to grind stupid tokens". Much of the community in this game don't feel they have to grind EWH. Each player can do what they want here. Personally I'll be fine with my 5 50s in a mix of WH and EWH gear so I can play each one in rateds. I'll also be fine with being rated ready in a week with my newest 50 after 1.6.

I assume you weren't happy when WH gear was added. Sadly that's the state of PvP in most MMOs right now. I don't like the idea of a gear grind either. But this change by no means forces players to grind the next gear to play end game pvp, that is, rated WZs.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

foxmob
11.21.2012 , 03:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I do not see this as a time sink as the stats are hardly noticeable. Someone made a post and you can get what an extra 30 will power which is...eh.

I would also say a new warzone is content and making WH the cost of BM is a huge improvement in the efforts to control the complaints on the forums.
heh. I kind of thought the same thing, if the ewh weapons are any indication. main stats are pretty meh. the only obvious advantage I found to ewh mainhands are that the hilts/barrels upgrade one's specialty power stat. exp, main stat and crit are all negligible. alac and power, however, could be serious upgrades (not that anyone stacks the former).
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

ACTroyan
11.21.2012 , 03:58 PM | #18
i dont mind the change, sad i spent the time grinding 3 full WH's but i like the smaller gear gap, less guaranteed losses in wz's more skill dependance. as for the EWH if it has an awesome new look i might grind it for aesthetics... now as far as counting it as content... it just brings to mind how many new fp/ops we have vs new WZ's... this new one better be epic. i would be happy with the exact same game modes on different terrains. how hard can that be? a VS with 3 nodes to guard would be interesting. especially with more twists and turns in corridors etc. maybe like a 3 tiered tower so people could jump down quickly but have to climb up. or even better use MGGS's! and intermediate objectives the enemy could take to disable the grapple points to force slower re-enforcements... a map other than huttball rdps can find perches. damnit put me in charge i'll have this shiz operational in a couple weeks! =p

randiesel
11.21.2012 , 04:40 PM | #19
But wait, you forgot, they also put a lot of time and effort into recoloring those sets too.

But seriously though, all of you who go on with the "its not a grind" should just keep quiet. If they didn't want it to be a grind, they wouldn't put the prices at such a high RWZ cost. That portion of it could be cut in half too, especially for those of us who have to do the 3:1 conversion and have no chance at RWZ (concealments/scrappers).

Its a grind no matter how you look at it, if you argue the point then you are just dumb and blind. And likely play a sentinel/marauder, which makes you feel special b/c BW caters to you.

criminalheretic
11.21.2012 , 04:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post

Its a grind no matter how you look at it, if you argue the point then you are just dumb and blind. And likely play a sentinel/marauder, which makes you feel special b/c BW caters to you.
They don't cater to Watchman/Annihilation... And they were trying to cater to the whiners, ended up screwing everyone except concealment ops, with the resolve changes so melee dps weren't roaming around the WZs like "wrecking balls with full resolve".
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger