Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank pvp questions

Hesko
11.20.2012 , 01:39 PM | #1
Hey guys just came back to the game like many have. I am having a hard time figuring out how to gear my pvp tank. It seems a lot like the dps gear with a tank hybrid set up and others have full tank build and full tank gear. Whats more common in ranked que and what are some of the builds your playing with. Also what augments should we be using in both sets full tank and dps hybrid?

Thanks a lot any help would be appreciated.
RIP brothers, Lcpl Martinez, Lcpl Brown, Lcpl Champlin, Pfc Koprence. Ramadi, Iraq, 2006. 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines, India Company.

AllanGand
11.20.2012 , 03:43 PM | #2
go hybrid immortal/vengeance with a focus on endurance. I for one would go for the dps gear so you can also be able to dish out some pain.

The reason you should concentrate on endurance, is because we have 2 cooldowns that are based on the amount of HP we have. And a 30% heal every 45 seconds is pretty considerable if you have around 24-26k HP

BlownSi
11.21.2012 , 07:20 AM | #3
I agree; go for the dps gear. Yes, you lose a lot of your mitigation stats, but they really don't matter to much in pvp anyway. The hybrid spec will give you a great balance of damage output and survivability with endurance stacking.

There is an option to run a full Immortal build, which is what I do. To do this though, you have to understand your role and not worry about trying to top the damage charts. I run my normal tank spec, which includes 1/2 from the ravage talent in rage tree and 2/2 of the smash talent (sorry cant remember names right now). My job is simple; I am there to harass and disorganize the enemy as much as possible. Using taunts, intimidate, smash, my no channel choke, etc., I keep the enemy off-balance providing my team the ability to pick apart the attacking or defending force fairly easily. It also allows me to harass their healers while keeping mine protected.

I can tell you there is nothing more annoying than a good Jugg running this kind of role in pvp. Not saying I am good, but I have seen the effects first hand in a few matches, and it has been the tipping point for a win more than once.

Goretzu
11.21.2012 , 09:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AllanGand View Post
go hybrid immortal/vengeance with a focus on endurance.

What's the current PvP hybrid build?
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

AllanGand
11.21.2012 , 09:29 AM | #5
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#10...zMZfMrMRhzzM.2

This is my go to super defensive build. Alternately you can switch out sonic barrier for savagery and still do well at tanking.
The key is to raise your endurance.

Hesko
11.21.2012 , 01:51 PM | #6
Whats the full tank build if you could link it. Also what augments? For the endurance ones.
RIP brothers, Lcpl Martinez, Lcpl Brown, Lcpl Champlin, Pfc Koprence. Ramadi, Iraq, 2006. 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines, India Company.

krarom
11.23.2012 , 01:53 AM | #7
Hi!

Advanced fortitude augment 22

best regards
kraroc

Goretzu
11.27.2012 , 04:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AllanGand View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#10...zMZfMrMRhzzM.2

This is my go to super defensive build. Alternately you can switch out sonic barrier for savagery and still do well at tanking.
The key is to raise your endurance.
Nice, thanks.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Vaco
11.29.2012 , 05:50 PM | #9
Quick clarification, since I am a returning noob who before leaving got himself stuck on the war leader train, do you guys run the vindi or war leader LS? I assume you also still run war leader shield over vindi generator?

UncleOst
12.07.2012 , 11:59 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaco View Post
Quick clarification, since I am a returning noob who before leaving got himself stuck on the war leader train, do you guys run the vindi or war leader LS? I assume you also still run war leader shield over vindi generator?
The elite hardcore tankers would suggest differently but my advice to any competitive pvp jugs is this:
-total dps gear...everything.
-use strength/power augs, or a combination. Example my relics have power augs, rest are strength.
-save up comms for power generator. Shield generators are for pve imo, but if you have the time/comms, get both lol

With the free respecs, it's incredibly efficient to swap over before a warzone begins.
I'll continue to grind and remod for dps because the inherent jug hybrid spec mitigation abilities, trump any specific tanking mods.(deafening defence,invincible,sonic barrier,unstoppable,sabre ward,and of course wz adrenal lol). If you start saving and purchasing tank pvp gear.....you are wasting yer time.