Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Doomsdaycomes
11.21.2012 , 06:47 AM | #1061
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
So 1 person = everyone's situation.

Yea that totally make sense.

You can blame the pugs for ruining pvp since they are quitting. Why are they quitting? Matches are predetermined before the fighting begins, depending who is on your team. That's not really fun for them.

So while you are left blaming pugs, those queue's will only get longer and you'll only see the 3 or 4 groups left(probably less) still doing pvp. This competition you seek won't happen with the current system, but if you want to keep believing that it will, that's fine. Even if you can actually log in the game and see that it doesn't work.
I do not advocate "No Change/System Fine."

I am simply arguing against split brackets/solo bracket and promoting a matchmaker/flexible system. If your posts do not show you understand even the basic principles of my stance, I will ignore them from here on. If it makes it easier, I'll list them once more.

Nearly all my posts revolve around:

1. We need Matchmaking that matches based on some criteria, be it Gear Level, Highest Average Gear Level, Valor, Win/Losses, etc...

2. We need cross-server queue's for a healthy, more robust population that can handle the criteria restrictions.

3. Players should look at self-improvement as their first option.

Ps. Your last reply to me is one giant cluster-**** of miss managed quotes, until you fix it I won't even attempt a response.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashaari View Post
The irony is that there is no real function for ranked as its been in "pre-season" since it was launched.

Therefore there is no need to make it a rigid 8 man pre-made, why should it not be altered to 4 man groups x2? This would certainly make it easier to organise as my own experience is of wasting half the evening trying to get 8 players together.

It would be worth seeing if this increased the popularity of ranked and therefore put less pre-mades into normal WZ,s.

I cant help but wonder if there are any plans for pre-seaon to end.
While I still believe long term, a matchmaking system is needed for a healthy pvp environment, I do think if ranked had a 4 man option (I'm fine with mixed queue, I do not fear going up against an 8 man with 2 "random" 4-mans) we would also see some relief in non-ranked for our -actual- new players.

TheronFett
11.21.2012 , 10:13 AM | #1062
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashaari View Post
Please please get real, we play in a fantasy world but please dont live in one.

Can you imagine the mess and chaos the developers would make of a match making system? Can you imagine the exploits that would be used to abuse such a system? Can you imagine how long it would take the developers to attempt the major programming task you would want them to undertake?
In some cases, I would agree with you. Nearly every patch has had some sort of failure when it hit the live servers. They ninja nerf some classes and mysteriously buff others on a whim. But I don't buy for one second that having some sort of ranking system for matchmaking is beyond their capabilities. They are already tracking metrics (or at least they say they are), so a matchmaking system would just be using the same data they're already collecting and expounding on them a little. As for cross-server, how difficult can it be? It has existed in many MMOs.

What baffles me is the lack of give a **** this company has towards PvP in general. They have openly stated that they grossly miscalculated how popular PvP would be in TOR and they are making steps to adding more content and balancing classes. They have failed miserably on both fronts.

Veniras
11.21.2012 , 11:24 AM | #1063
This is a moot discussion.

By nature premades vs PUGS is a gross imbalance. This problem will only be underlined HEAVILY by the new WZ as premades will be better at focus fire. PUGS are gonna stop PVP'ing in despair.

So either BW fixes the matchmaking or the PVP population will dwindle.

MusicRider
11.21.2012 , 11:26 AM | #1064
As I posted somewhere else, my suggestion is to increase randomness in groups. This can be achieved by:
1. Solo quers or groups of two for normal wzs (groups of two might have the danger of ending up with 4 healers). No more whining about premades.
2. Groups of 4 for ranked wzs and with minimum valor that corresponds to bm gear at least. This will increase the numbers of people doing ranked imo (what you are a dps commando? no) and make things more interesting. Will also resolve other exploits of the current ranked wz system.
3. Lockout durations for frequent quitters, particularly for ranked. You are obviously excused to leave a wz due to a phone call, but if someone quits 2-3 times within a 2hr period then apply 1 hour of lockout. This will avoid quiting a wz cause you are teamed up with these 4 noobs.

Of course cross-server wzs would be nice, but the above might be easier to implement than x-server.

I am totally against a matchmaking system as it increases waiting times, plus as I have also said take this opportunity to develop your defence. If you take ravage to the face without doing anything about it, then gear won't save you, it will only make you last an extra slash or two.

alexzk
11.21.2012 , 12:13 PM | #1065
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
PUGS are gonna stop PVP'ing in despair.

So either BW fixes the matchmaking or the PVP population will dwindle.
Yep. Don't even want to play at evening, it's annoying to be killed in 1 skill just because it is RWZ premades against PuGs with good coordination :/ Even WH Elite tank char does not help, because they assist me (good voice coordination) and nobody helps me (pugs). That never happens pugs vs pugs though :/

And i'm not gonna to pay later when current sub ends until my free 3 wzs/week will show something else. Its time to voite by wallet. Too annoying.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

UGLYMRJ
11.21.2012 , 12:16 PM | #1066
Check the patch notes!!!

Solo queue being released in patch 1.never!!!

Why is this thread still going?

alexzk
11.21.2012 , 12:19 PM | #1067
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
3. Lockout durations for frequent quitters, particularly for ranked. You are obviously excused to leave a wz due to a phone call, but if someone quits 2-3 times within a 2hr period then apply 1 hour of lockout. This will avoid quiting a wz cause you are teamed up with these 4 noobs.
Don't please I always quit VS before it begins because it is too buggy. 6 fps is avrege here (35+ on others WZs). And game must be restarted after this.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

cycao
11.21.2012 , 12:19 PM | #1068
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Check the patch notes!!!

People need a thread to vent.

Veniras
11.21.2012 , 01:00 PM | #1069
We are trying to awaken the slumbering giants (devs) regarding the issue.

Ionna
11.21.2012 , 01:03 PM | #1070
Check the patch notes!!!

in mmos never doesnt mean never ...especaiiy when theyre bleeding casual subs which is where the money is....think the bakers guild for twinkie....WE WONT GIVE IN YAAAAARRRR!!!!!!!==> *** where did our jobs go....