New PvP Gear on 1.6 Test Server?

Piam

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the G stand for Grind or Guild in your acronym?

Weren't you fairly positive about the changes earlier in the thread?

If I came of as positive about the changes earlier in the thread thats my bad. I was pointing out there is maybe a 1% increase in stats in the new tier which is a joke. The GW is for guild wars, which seems to be the normalized gear plan EAWare is going to follow in the future. Sad day really.

So WH costs the same as current BM and EWH seems to be only a relatively small upgrade from WH?

If that's the case:

:jawa_biggrin::t_smile::w_cool::mon_biggrin::rod_grin_g::rak_05::D :D :D

I still wish that they'd have lowered the amount of comms required for EWH, but I'll take this also!

Biggest question I have will the current pvp gear go away so that the only way to acquire the BM look is to buy the crafted pvp gear?

Yes, that seems to be true. (unless they also add some other way of acquiring BM which they currently have not announced)

So what should we do now? Seems weird to spend the comms on WH now knowing it will be second tier and as cheap as BW gear five or so weeks from now. Banking comms if you'll hit 50 after 1.6 launches is an easy choice (if you can hang out in sub-50 for that long) but what about partially the way from BM to WH?

I will definitely not be spending any comms until 1.6 on any of my characters, I'll be saving all comms and/or playing other characters.

Hopefully it won't take too long for 1.6 to go live. There doesn't seem to be too much content in it that would be needing testing, only the new WZ, but even that one has already been playable for months now (on trade shows, so they've probably been testing it internally for even longer).

Edited by Rassuro

I have three characters with min-max WH, and another one that is halfway there to being min-max...

And still, I have to say, stop whining. Everyone loses when they look at gear as a grind. I have fun playing and obtaining the gear even knowing that it will be outdated in the future. That's just how MMOs work or no new player would ever catch up.

No. The point of gearing up should be to reward players for overcoming challenges, and prepare them for even more difficult challenges. This game has you gear up just to gear up. It's sad that +1 stat/mod has you that amused; most of us want more.

I don't get this ridiculous naming convention... Like *** is an Elite War Hero?? they don't even exist GAHLL..

Battlemaster

War Hero

Conqueror

Warlord

Elite Warlord

Likely saving those names for level cap increase.

Like Conqueror and Elite Conqueror will be level 60 gear.

Warlord and Elite Warlord for level 70.

And then they will have to make up some new names. But at that point you're talking years into the future so they have time.