Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Athiss needs retuning

Lunarhawk
12.19.2011 , 08:24 AM | #21
Yeah me and my pals ran it yesterday and holy balls we all agreed never to run it again. Joke exp compared to other ones since there were very few elites, and at the same time ONLY the elites ever gave drops so it was crap for credits and equipment drops few and far between as well.

And not to mention for me at least I got the bug where the daily for completing either it or hammer station didn't check off after I finished either.

As a sniper it would've been a complete waste of time if the last boss hadn't dropped both new pants and a cool looking rifle for me (both orange). Didn't get jack till then.

Really hope they jazz this flashpoint up in the future to make it worth replaying, now its even a debate if I want to help my other guildies run it cause it just sucks so much.

Brodehouse
12.19.2011 , 10:09 AM | #22
22 vanguard tank, two 20 gunslingers and a 18 sage healing... No issues until the big lizard boss. And then three wipes. This is the first time I've played tank in an MMO so maybe I just suck. I'm geared pretty good but it just seemed like halfway through the healing stopped. Maybe the healer was too underpowered?

Thorkir
12.19.2011 , 10:14 AM | #23
Speaking from personal experience, at level 19, you MUST 2-heal the last boss. He's simply too hard, and you can't dispel his DoT yet.

The instance is built for level 20-23 though, I think...It was bloody hard for me to heal it at that level, and I levelled to 20 just before the last boss.

Quote:
22 vanguard tank, two 20 gunslingers and a 18 sage healing... No issues until the big lizard boss. And then three wipes. This is the first time I've played tank in an MMO so maybe I just suck. I'm geared pretty good but it just seemed like halfway through the healing stopped. Maybe the healer was too underpowered?
Sorcerers suffer from difficulty getting their Force to recharge in the later half of a long fight. You can't very well use life tap to recover Force, as most bosses have an AoE or something nasty to hit you with right after you do it.

I'd imagine Sages are the same.
"All will be well."

Farabee
12.19.2011 , 10:18 AM | #24
I thought Athiss was horribly undertuned. First 2 bosses were a joke, trash was more annoying than tough.

Last boss was just a long, boring and drawn-out fight. Has way too much HP considering he's only up half the time. His damage output needs to upped and his HP needs to be reduced to make it more intense. The mechanic is neat but it gets old after the 6th or 7th time in the fight.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

Crowingzero
12.19.2011 , 10:27 AM | #25
I think all of the people saying the last boss is a healing challenge just ignored the fight mechanics.

Did it with a group of three 19s and one 21, only one healer (commando), just fine.

If you get crushing affliction on you, move away from other people until it explodes. Then in phase 2 avoid fires. Pretty simple.

The healer should only ever have to heal two people: the tank, and the person who gets crushing affliction.

POPsi
12.20.2011 , 02:29 AM | #26
We tried this yesterday, I've been tanking with my shieldtech BH, no wipes at all until last boss. We had 2 dps sorcerers and 1 IA healing. I could easily tank the last boss without problems, but the rest of the team couldn't handle the dot, and they always wiped at around 30% boss hp. They didn't position themselves correctly, and it seems healer wasn't able to outheal the dot damage.

themacr
12.20.2011 , 03:51 AM | #27
It's not that hard of a fight. The dot can be dispelled but you may need to be higher level before you get that.

Other then that the boss mechanics is just tricky and you need to get the hang of it.

Spread out, DOT only effects 1 person at a time then.
Tank takes almost no dmg.. some DOT heals will keep him up
Save force/big heals for people that suffer the DOT.

We basicly 3 manned the boss after our tank died due to the fire (my mistake, I asked him if you could tank them :P)

Once we knew that it was pretty straight forward.

Darren_Kitlor
12.20.2011 , 06:11 AM | #28
As operative healer (who wasn't fully specced), this was a cakewalk and I led a few teams through it.

Jackal_Sixx
12.20.2011 , 08:22 AM | #29
This instance is fine. No need for retuning.

-Cascade-
12.20.2011 , 08:45 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kneemo View Post
Take an assassin with you. I was assassin dps and I was able to interrupt the last boss's abilities. Honestly I enjoyed the difficulty level. Also, the flash is for lvl 21's I believe. So being under leveled is part of your problem.
What did you interupt?
Affliction can't be countered.
Jolt is even greyed out when you fight him.