Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Writer for EP 8 and 9 has been picked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Writer for EP 8 and 9 has been picked

jarjarloves
11.20.2012 , 10:28 PM | #1
Lawrence Kasdan writer of EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and Simon Kinberg writer of the new Sherlock Holmes movies have been picked up to write episode 8 and 9 woo hoo

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...n-simon-393459

Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 12:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
Lawrence Kasdan writer of EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and Simon Kinberg writer of the new Sherlock Holmes movies have been picked up to write episode 8 and 9 woo hoo

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...n-simon-393459
Nice, personally I would have liked Micheal Ardnt to do them all - but then again, I don't know how good he is going to be. As for Lawrence Kasdan, great - Empire Strikes Back was one of the best. Simon Kinbery I'm unsure about, I find it difficult to trust a writer who doesn't already have experience with Star Wars - but that's just me being skeptical.

Crawelc
11.21.2012 , 12:53 PM | #3
The guy did a very very good job with Sherlock Holmes. As someone who has read all the newspaper shorts and the novels, and keeps the full collection in my bathroom for light reading, the easter eggs in both those moves that tied right into the stories was awesome. Doyle and Poe are 2 of my very favorite authors of all time.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 01:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
The guy did a very very good job with Sherlock Holmes. As someone who has read all the newspaper shorts and the novels, and keeps the full collection in my bathroom for light reading, the easter eggs in both those moves that tied right into the stories was awesome. Doyle and Poe are 2 of my very favorite authors of all time.
Easter eggs?

I must say I agree that Sherlock Holmes is a very well written film, and I don't doubt in his abilities. Its just Star Wars is a very delicate world, and knowledge of it definitely helps you navigate.

Crawelc
11.21.2012 , 01:58 PM | #5
Just little tidbits tossed in in those movies that made me chuckle. Like the bulldog as a test subject. Moriarty is interesting because im wondering if they will actually pull a sneaky and take the ending of "The 7% Solution" or the actual stories. With Robert Downie Jr. playing the role I think the former would be an excelent twist, but the latter was a very good story as well.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

evilknick
11.21.2012 , 03:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I find it difficult to trust a writer who doesn't already have experience with Star Wars - but that's just me being skeptical.
As if many people actually do that write movies. Unless you're in any way suggesting EU writers have a place at this table.

Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 03:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by evilknick View Post
As if many people actually do that write movies. Unless you're in any way suggesting EU writers have a place at this table.
Of course not. But Micheal Arndt obviously knows how to write Star Wars and is passionate about it. And Lawrence Kasdan has already been involved in the franchise. What's important as well as skill is passion and know how - I mean your typical guy isn't going to know how much hate will come about from doing something such as bringing back Vader. Like I said, its a delicate universe, you need to know about it in order to navigate it.

jarjarloves
11.21.2012 , 04:59 PM | #8
I think the most interesting thing about Episode 8 and kasaden writing it is that they clearly want it to be dark and have a sad ending like Empire was. I think one of the original 3 characters will die in Ep 8.

MasterMe
11.21.2012 , 05:06 PM | #9
I approve.

MasterMe
11.21.2012 , 05:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
I think the most interesting thing about Episode 8 and kasaden writing it is that they clearly want it to be dark and have a sad ending like Empire was. I think one of the original 3 characters will die in Ep 8.
Oooh. Uber-cool. I likes dark movies. They're INTENSE.