Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Statistics of OPs/IA penetration in WZs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Statistics of OPs/IA penetration in WZs

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
11.08.2012 , 10:12 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
Hi,
i'm sorry, i dont get you. You're talking no sense. I'm talking about need to fix something, proving it with fact, that almost none people play the class tree(s).
While you say "all is fine, move along", while you say how many utilities Lethality has, how shiny it is?? Stop joking. If Leth is such great , then we have couple of servers full of dumb ppl who cant recognize good class ....

T2P Lethality (try), make couple of WZs with it ..
.. oh i'm so sorry, but its NOT the PVP class, so you cant .... but wait, you said, it has so many PVP utilities .... so in the end it is FINE???.... PVE class with so many PVP utilities??? LOL

According to you:
So we have here PVE class with so many nice PVP utilities, making it completely **FINE**.
./sarcasm off

This is my last response to you on this matter. You refuse see facts, your choice, i do not care. DPS trees on OPs need some work, Lethality most.
i get it, i really do.

you play lethality dps. you want it to be viable at pvp. it won't be. it will never be. a class that is based on DoTs is good for PvE but horrible for PvP. You want to fix the class? Take away the DoTs. Now you have a concealment operative.

Lethality needs work, but not for PvP. It needs work because it is the hardest rotation to juggle. A typical fight has you trying to keep your stim up, corrosive dart applied, corrosive grenade applied, weakening blast applied, TA's gained through shiv and then cull. Compare this to a Powertech where it is "apply dot, railshot, proc, railshot" or Jug where it is "sunder, dot, sunder, smash".

If you have managed to juggle the lethality rotation with all the different cooldowns, kudos to you. The funny thing is, at high level PvP, *any* spec is viable, just not optimal. I run all sort of crazy specs, including lethality, and still win. Because, to be honest, knowing how to counter other classes is way more valuable than your class being optimal.

What valor level are you? What is your rating?
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

tatatan's Avatar


tatatan
11.10.2012 , 10:47 AM | #12
63 wz counted.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.13.2012 , 11:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
i get it, i really do.

you play lethality dps. you want it to be viable at pvp. it won't be. it will never be. a class that is based on DoTs is good for PvE but horrible for PvP. You want to fix the class? Take away the DoTs. Now you have a concealment operative.

Lethality needs work, but not for PvP. It needs work because it is the hardest rotation to juggle. A typical fight has you trying to keep your stim up, corrosive dart applied, corrosive grenade applied, weakening blast applied, TA's gained through shiv and then cull. Compare this to a Powertech where it is "apply dot, railshot, proc, railshot" or Jug where it is "sunder, dot, sunder, smash".

If you have managed to juggle the lethality rotation with all the different cooldowns, kudos to you. The funny thing is, at high level PvP, *any* spec is viable, just not optimal. I run all sort of crazy specs, including lethality, and still win. Because, to be honest, knowing how to counter other classes is way more valuable than your class being optimal.

What valor level are you? What is your rating?
I don't play an Ops so I can't really comment much about it, but your argument that dot based classes are horrible for pvp simply isn't true. Warlocks in WoW are a dot based class and they are definitely one of the strongest pvp classes when I was still playing.

CaptainApop's Avatar


CaptainApop
11.14.2012 , 03:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I don't play an Ops so I can't really comment much about it, but your argument that dot based classes are horrible for pvp simply isn't true. Warlocks in WoW are a dot based class and they are definitely one of the strongest pvp classes when I was still playing.
In wow breaking mezzes isn't as much of a dealbreaker and when I played last focus-smash levels of burst weren't the norm =/

The longer TTK is the more ffective dot classes can be.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

tatatan's Avatar


tatatan
11.14.2012 , 03:52 AM | #15
100 matches reached, see results in my 1st post. I'm not gonna do anymore comments, except the that the numbers clearly dispose of the myth of 'teams of stunlocking operatives'.

unfilter's Avatar


unfilter
11.20.2012 , 04:57 PM | #16
it can be hard to tell where you stand in pvp because of the huge gear disparity that sometimes exists, not to mention skill or even luck.

i'll say this though, i play the pub version of the lethality operative and despite being fun to playi definitely feel underpowered.

the class just lacks real teeth.

Infalliable's Avatar


Infalliable
11.21.2012 , 12:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
No played normal WZ: 100
(max density per WZ is 8, 100%=800 - because of 100 played matches)
Max is 7, you should not count yourself as you are "not random" and can/will severely alter the results.

This is assuming your only counting people on your team. If you include your team and the opposing team, the max is 15.

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
11.26.2012 , 11:06 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I don't play an Ops so I can't really comment much about it, but your argument that dot based classes are horrible for pvp simply isn't true. Warlocks in WoW are a dot based class and they are definitely one of the strongest pvp classes when I was still playing.
Since these are the SW:TOR forums I figured people would understand that I'm talking about SW:TOR PvP.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>