Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Find Weakness hurts my eyes

Vaspar
11.19.2012 , 02:41 PM | #1
Have they introduced a better way to see when this procs? I'm sure most know what I'm talking about but I'm referring to the Find Weakness Proc from Infiltration Tactics talen in the Infiltration Tree.

Having to keep looking over at my status window to see my buff bar to see if its up or not really puts me at a disadvantage versus similarly spec'd Assassin's in pvp, you know, since they get a HUGE PURPLEISH BLACK AURA THAT SURROUNDS THEM WHEN THEY GET IT... uhm... so anyways, have they added a visual or audio queue for Shadows that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Altheran
11.19.2012 , 03:40 PM | #2
I think there is a slight white effect on your char, but I'm not sure.

Vaspar
11.19.2012 , 03:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
I think there is a slight white effect on your char, but I'm not sure.
That wouldn't surprise me.

GrimMage
11.20.2012 , 11:05 AM | #4
A little golden cloud puffs out of your character's chest when Find Weakness procs. It lasts for 1 second.
iŻi▀▀▀▀▀iŻi‾°δ‾‾Pך▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇◗ CE

Darth_Soth
11.21.2012 , 07:01 AM | #5
What I've ended up doing is making my characters stat area the largest possible and place it just above center screen with the effects on the bottom. Helps quite a bit. It's too bad that the status effects are tied to the character stats. I'd love to put that out there by itself.

dandamanno
11.21.2012 , 11:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimMage View Post
A little golden cloud puffs out of your character's chest when Find Weakness procs. It lasts for 1 second.
Just tested this out and, yah, it's nearly imperceptible. We could really use a "riposte" kind of effect like on the JK.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Soth View Post
It's too bad that the status effects are tied to the character stats. I'd love to put that out there by itself.
People have been asking for this since beta. Unbelievably (or perhaps not too unbelievably) it hasn't happened. I was expecting it with the UI update back in 1.2 but alas no. So I continue to stare at my effects bar every 9 seconds until I see the proc.

Altheran
11.21.2012 , 11:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dandamanno View Post
Just tested this out and, yah, it's nearly imperceptible. We could really use a "riposte" kind of effect like on the JK.
Heh ? There is an effect on JK's Riposte ?

hallucigenocide
11.21.2012 , 12:04 PM | #8
i dont really see how this is a problem... the icon pops up right there with your buffs
maybe spend a little less time looking for shiny stuff on your toon?
Comus.

GrimMage
11.21.2012 , 12:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
i dont really see how this is a problem... the icon pops up right there with your buffs
maybe spend a little less time looking for shiny stuff on your toon?
Not everyone likes staring at stagnate icons at the bottom of their and perhaps prefer to enjoy the actual game. Dont tell me how to play my game and I wont tell you how to play yours.
iŻi▀▀▀▀▀iŻi‾°δ‾‾Pך▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇◗ CE

hallucigenocide
11.21.2012 , 12:43 PM | #10
you are aware that you can move around the stuff in your UI right? try to place the player frame somewhere that you'd be more comfortable noticing proccs going on

also you can change the scale on it so that it's bigger.. personally i prefer not to glow like a christmas tree when i got my proccs
Comus.