Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

Technohic
11.21.2012 , 09:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
LOL this doesn't sound good. are we sure bm isn't the new recruit? (perhaps stat-wise if not in name?)
Oo. Good call if they did. Someone check the MK2 stats lol.

CharterMonkKent
11.21.2012 , 10:00 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
LOL this doesn't sound good. are we sure bm isn't the new recruit? (perhaps stat-wise if not in name?)
I assume that's the case. They already give a couple BM pieces with fresh 50s now.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Technohic
11.21.2012 , 10:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
I assume that's the case. They already give a couple BM pieces with fresh 50s now.
They do?

CharterMonkKent
11.21.2012 , 10:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
They do?
It's at least the Relics. My last 50 dinged right after 1.4 so it's been a while. I can't remember if there was anything past that.
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Technohic
11.21.2012 , 10:11 AM | #15
It's at least the Relics. My last 50 dinged right after 1.4 so it's been a while. I can't remember if there was anything past that.
Ah. Maybe it was changed in 1.4. My last was just before that.

Would be nice if they put this stuff in the patch notes since they made a late addition to add the reduced WH cost and removal of BM, so now I don't trust them to have either changed MK2 and not said, or if they didn't touch it.

fellblade
11.21.2012 , 10:12 AM | #16
I prefer the look of the Battlemaster Gear for my Inquisitor....
Will I be able to just take the Mods from the WH gear and keep my Battlemaster look - or do I still have to Sacrifice my Battlemaster gear to get War Hero gear?
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

CharterMonkKent
11.21.2012 , 10:24 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Ah. Maybe it was changed in 1.4. My last was just before that.

Would be nice if they put this stuff in the patch notes since they made a late addition to add the reduced WH cost and removal of BM, so now I don't trust them to have either changed MK2 and not said, or if they didn't touch it.
maybe we'll get lucky and someone on the PTS will ding 50 and let us know. There are plenty of people who will be staying at lvl 49(.9999) until 1.6 pops unless they get some details.

it's funny. I'm actually looking forward to grinding my last two ACs now. Knowing that the pvp "grind" is pretty much gone is outstanding.
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

RAVM
11.21.2012 , 10:52 AM | #18
Probably just the Relics. The original recruit (not MK-2) came with purple Champion Relics that were so good I still haven't replaced them yet, while mostly everything else went Recruit -> BM -> WH.

DSafana
11.21.2012 , 10:55 AM | #19
Maybe my math is wrong, but it still appears to be the same amount of grinding as before to get to end gear, except this time it's EWH instead of WH.

Before you had to grind WZ comms to BM, then grind ranked to get WH, while trading in your BM pieces.
Now you'll have to grind the same amount of WZ comms (but you get WH gear), then gind the same amount of ranked comms as before but you get EWH. with WH trade in.
The only reduction in the grind is to get to WH, but the grind isn't done because a new tier exists.

CharterMonkKent
11.21.2012 , 10:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DSafana View Post
Maybe my math is wrong, but it still appears to be the same amount of grinding as before to get to end gear, except this time it's EWH instead of WH.

Before you had to grind WZ comms to BM, then grind ranked to get WH, while trading in your BM pieces.
Now you'll have to grind the same amount of WZ comms (but you get WH gear), then gind the same amount of ranked comms as before but you get EWH. with WH trade in.
The only reduction in the grind is to get to WH, but the grind isn't done because a new tier exists.
the grind is still there but the difference between the gear stats (aka gear gap) is substantially reduced. Someone did the math and it appears the gap between WH and EWH is at most 3.8% (if you focus enhancements to one stat). That is a significant improvement over the current gap between BM and WH. And maybe just as important... there will be only a short period of time between Recruit/BM and WH.

Does that make sense?
<Nothing Personal>
+ =