Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ImperialSun's Avatar


ImperialSun
11.21.2012 , 07:27 AM | #3191
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Oh yes, how vague a statement that was about the possibility.






Oh yeah, clearly we imagined that as well.



Shoving their heads in the sand and refusing to answer any of the questions raised over the last ten months does tend to create disenchantment, indeed.

"We don't know when, or who, or how, but it's still on track with what we said in March"... apparently, they couldn't even stand by that. I say apparently, because all I can do is pluck guesses from the void that passes for the 'improved communication' era of Joveth. At least we got to find out what was in Hall Hood's mug... yippee.
Exactly, all you have is anecdotal evidence that is months old from people that are no longer employed at BW and have no influence on the game....Score!!!!!

If any of that was still current the why has BW put a brick wall ever since? Why was Hall Hoods tweet deleted? Why is BW seemingly distancing themselves from any of the previous comments?

Oh yeah guys, concrete proof indeeed. Definitely solid enough to feed back to the rest of the community that this is trul a done deal....so you got a link to anything that actually confirms that SGR is even scheduled for development? You got a link to anything confirming its actually happening from you know, someone that actually works for BW?

Driz

ImperialSun's Avatar


ImperialSun
11.21.2012 , 07:32 AM | #3192
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
When I said, "credit where credit is due," I meant to the posters on this thread, not so much for me. Honestly, I just organized it and there is no way I could have done all that alone. I think everyone contributed, I just have the document saved on my computer when proof is needed. I know the expression is, "Links/screenshots or it didn't happen," so having that all on hand saves me some headaches.

Also, Chacc put up an excellent time line that I have linked as well. It's a good tl;dr version of the FAQ. I would recommend everyone checking that out. Chacc comes in here from time to time and keeps an eye out for further updates.

Edit: The current incarnation of the FAQ has been sent to Joveth Gonzales and Ms. Berryman multiple times, so they know what's on it. Figured I'd get that outta the way.

Edit #2: If anyone wants a copy of the SGR FAQ for themselves as I have it saved onto my computer, let me know and I can either pm or email it you.
If you are so sure the collection of comments and PR responses that you have collated constitute any form of solid proof that SGRs are even still planned then why do you feel the need to constantly request validation on the topic? Why are you not happy to let the devs just get on with it? The fact is, despite you FAQ you are no wiser as to when or even IF SGRs are still planned....

You telling everyone its coming and its fact does not make it so...

Driz

utio's Avatar


utio
11.21.2012 , 07:33 AM | #3193
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
Exactly, all you have is anecdotal evidence that is months old from people that are no longer employed at BW and have no influence on the game....Score!!!!!

If any of that was still current the why has BW put a brick wall ever since? Why was Hall Hoods tweet deleted? Why is BW seemingly distancing themselves from any of the previous comments?

Oh yeah guys, concrete prood indeeed. Definitely solid enough to feed back to the rest of the community that this is trul a done deal....so you got a link to anything that actually confirms that SGR is even scheduled for development? You got a link to anything confirming its actually happening from you know, someone that actually works for BW?

Driz
You do know that the people that left were talking on behalf of the company, and not from a personnal point of view, right? Just because they left that company, doesn't mean things they said on behalf of that company should be considered null and void.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

ImperialSun's Avatar


ImperialSun
11.21.2012 , 07:34 AM | #3194
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I have contacted an in-game GM who confirmed that SGRAs are coming. There have been official statements on this, from the start.
Of course, we all know that ig GMs have extensive knowledge and access to development decisions / schedules.

No ig GM has ever told anyone simply what they wanted to hear...

Driz

ImperialSun's Avatar


ImperialSun
11.21.2012 , 07:38 AM | #3195
Quote: Originally Posted by utio View Post
You do know that the people that left were talking on behalf of the company, and not from a personnal point of view, right? Just because they left that company, doesn't mean things they said on behalf of that company should be considered null and void.
You do know that since making those comments, nothing official has been said by anyone at BW?

In fact it looks increasingly like BW are doing nothing but distancing themselves from the comments in general.

Spam threads on the boards - ignored.
Q&A requests - ignored.
PMs and direct contact to devs - ignored.

Speaks volumes given the assertion that SGRs are already finished / on the way / just awaiting release or however else you want to spin it. If this content was anywhere near being implemented, the community would have heard something definite from a current source. They have not.

Driz

utio's Avatar


utio
11.21.2012 , 07:46 AM | #3196
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
You do know that since making those comments, nothing official has been said by anyone at BW?

In fact it looks increasingly like BW are doing nothing but distancing themselves from the comments in general.

Spam threads on the boards - ignored.
Q&A requests - ignored.
PMs and direct contact to devs - ignored.

Speaks volumes given the assertion that SGRs are already finished / on the way / just awaiting release or however else you want to spin it. If this content was anywhere near being implemented, the community would have heard something definite from a current source. They have not.

Driz

That's kinda the reason why people are still asking about it, why there's threads started, why this thread keeps getting bigger and bigger. All people are asking for is confirmation one way or the other.
Actually, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't seem to have read alot about what they're saying on story and space project, and what the makeb update will comprise of. Maybe they aren't distancing themselves, maybe they just don't like talking about what's coming until they want to.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

natashina's Avatar


natashina
11.21.2012 , 07:57 AM | #3197
Quote: Originally Posted by utio View Post
That's kinda the reason why people are still asking about it, why there's threads started, why this thread keeps getting bigger and bigger. All people are asking for is confirmation one way or the other.
Precisely.

That's why the thread has the title that it does and why the OP goes back to January. We've gotten PMs in response from mods stating that it's still coming, but nothing official. And with EA talking to sites such as gameindustrybiz.com about their inclusion of SGR content in this game (which we had to write in and correct,) this needs to be clarified.

Look, I don't want them to drop it, nor do I think they will. I think Gabe's statements are correct, even if it isn't acknowledged as such directly by EA. If they do decide to drop the whole thing, the least they can do is let the players know.

They let the player base know in January and reminded them in March. So I'm not so sure it's because they don't want to let people know ahead of time. I'm beginning to wonder if they are actually intimidated by putting this content into a MMO where everyone could see it. I didn't even know about the SGRs in ME3, since I don't play the series. Easier to stash that content in a single player game.

I think they should let all the players know very soon regardless if a person wants this content, hates it or even doesn't care. As I've said before recently, it's gonna be uglier than bad Chuck Norris jokes if they decide to just spring it on the player base with out addressing it some ahead of time.

Edit: Gabe's video is from September of this year. So it is recent, just not 100% official.

Silence is not working, and it's too ambiguous. They need to either tell the players that is it still coming on a Public forums (such as Meet the Devs, Dev tracker, ect) or that it has been scrapped. Lack of knowing one way or the other is a lot of why this thread exists in the first place.

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
11.21.2012 , 08:31 AM | #3198
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
Of course, we all know that ig GMs have extensive knowledge and access to development decisions / schedules.

No ig GM has ever told anyone simply what they wanted to hear...

Driz
Could you for once make up your mind? You claim there's no official validation, we give you that. You then claim "Ohh, that's not the validation I was talking about", basically claiming it's non-existent.

Why do you even care? You're free to move elsewhere if this topic is not one you care about. What people in here are doing is remind BW constantly of the promises they did indeed make at one point in time, in hopes for getting more clarification for the future. What's wrong with that? What part of this concept is too hard to grasp for you?

No-one here ever claimed they were certain about anything. If any of us were, indeed, there would be no need for a thread of this kind. This thread is a reminder, not more, not less.

MoogleNut's Avatar


MoogleNut
11.21.2012 , 08:41 AM | #3199
Sooo, I just had a thought - Since Gabe said it's 'just a case of getting it on the schedule" - what's to stop them adding SGRAs in 1.6 instead of waiting for Makeb?

If it's just a scheduling issue, then that suggests the content is done and waiting.

Not that I'll get my hopes up, but it's certainly a possibility. (Plus I'm having a crappy day so anything to brighten the mood ehehe)
I play on the PTS (just made my JK there, it's been a pain holding off on this character, but at least on the PTS I know it's just a trial run of her), so trust me, if anything changes I'll let you know

ImperialSun's Avatar


ImperialSun
11.21.2012 , 08:50 AM | #3200
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Could you for once make up your mind? You claim there's no official validation, we give you that. You then claim "Ohh, that's not the validation I was talking about", basically claiming it's non-existent.

Why do you even care? You're free to move elsewhere if this topic is not one you care about. What people in here are doing is remind BW constantly of the promises they did indeed make at one point in time, in hopes for getting more clarification for the future. What's wrong with that? What part of this concept is too hard to grasp for you?

No-one here ever claimed they were certain about anything. If any of us were, indeed, there would be no need for a thread of this kind. This thread is a reminder, not more, not less.
1. A GM saying "Yeah thats coming" is not official validation of anyting.

2. "No-one here ever claimed they were certain about anything" - Lies. This and all of the other SGR related threads are littered with comments such as "this is a done deal, simply a matter of when not if" and "please can BW confirm the release date for SGR so that the anti SGR players know what date to cancel their subs" etc etc etc etc....

If the many statements to that effect are NOT the SGR community claiming they are certain about this then I dont know what is...

Driz