Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NM EC Operation guide (work in progress)

Phoeniixx
11.19.2012 , 04:14 AM | #11
Yesterday we managed to get to the third set of adds, those two pulsar droids and everytime we got killed by extremly flashy aoe and we were definitly not under the droid with big purple circle. I wonder if it's bug or mechanic.

Windybanker
11.19.2012 , 07:55 AM | #12
The tanks have something called "Single Destruction" now that goes on either 1 or both people who take the Double Destruction. We aren't yet sure how its allocated or why.

Also one of the Trandoshans in the shield phase blows up, so you have to whittle him down and have a ranged DPS finish him off after he's back on the tank.

tahoeWolverine
11.19.2012 , 12:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Windybanker View Post
The tanks have something called "Single Destruction" now that goes on either 1 or both people who take the Double Destruction. We aren't yet sure how its allocated or why.
Umm...you're over thinking it. That's what players get when they soak the double destruction. No different than hard mode or even story mode. The only difference there is that it lasts longer on players, making sure to prevent the same players soaking a 2nd DD, which will happen if dps is slow.
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

Chaqen
11.19.2012 , 01:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Phoeniixx View Post
Yesterday we managed to get to the third set of adds, those two pulsar droids and everytime we got killed by extremly flashy aoe and we were definitly not under the droid with big purple circle. I wonder if it's bug or mechanic.
Was seeing that yesterday and it seemed like it would go off once per cycle, and only hit my marauder for a lil more then 4k. I think it is just a mechanic to make sure you're healing everyone up after the trandoshians which are a pita now :P

Iwipe
11.20.2012 , 08:47 PM | #15
Hey, my guild had some trouble on 16m Zorn and Toth on thursday and wasn't able to progress much. We did kill 8m zorn & toth as well as firebrand and storm caller last night and I have added/updated the guide to reflect those. Enjoy!

Krewel
11.20.2012 , 09:04 PM | #16
Bah, Kephess almost down, we had the greatest misfortune of seeing the tank oneshot by cleave when being pulled to Kephess while under the breath of the masters debuff, it seems like a very unfair mechanic, tbh ... any hints on how to avoid this? It was very weird when he died right before the actual pull, as if he got cleaved before being next to Kephess ... seemed very odd. Animation lag, maybe?

Phoeniixx
11.21.2012 , 02:34 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
Was seeing that yesterday and it seemed like it would go off once per cycle, and only hit my marauder for a lil more then 4k. I think it is just a mechanic to make sure you're healing everyone up after the trandoshians which are a pita now :P
We got completly destroyed by it. 4k every second to every man in raid with big flash every hit so you couldn't see a thing.

Aurojiin
11.21.2012 , 04:03 AM | #18
We got completly destroyed by it. 4k every second to every man in raid with big flash every hit so you couldn't see a thing.
Leave a tank out to take rail shots.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Krewel
11.21.2012 , 04:23 AM | #19
yeah, it's basically a mechanic that forces you to do it right, meaning leave a tank out to absorb rail shots, nothing special

Phoeniixx
11.21.2012 , 05:24 AM | #20
So big flash aoe is because of railshots? Damn, who would have thought.