Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What gear gap?

DaedalusV
11.21.2012 , 12:21 AM | #1
Seems like 1.6 is going to nearly eliminate any true gear gaps in the game. If BM is removed, WH cost reduced to normal comms and EWH staying @ 10 points improvement over WH.

Entry level PvP gear gap will be the only gap left (larger pool of WZ comms and RWZ comms saved up pre-50 will easily bridge that gap as well)

Min/maxing is the only thing to do for PvPers then

(bear in mind I'm glad they reduce gear gaps)

Now if only Bioware made more secondary/tertiary stats viable for PvP, then we'd see more stat customization (something I really love)

I want my Alacrity/Defense rating gear build to become as viable as mainstat/power stacking!

BW should do away with the BiS thinking and make people have actual choices in gearing.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

Darth-Rammstein
11.21.2012 , 01:59 AM | #2
I was happy to read that, apparently according to people on pts the cost for wh is the same cost as bm gear on live servers...so everyone should have a quick easy grind up to full wh.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Knockerz
11.21.2012 , 02:19 AM | #3
This is good. It isn't a good idea to leave the large gear gap currently in game, especially for f2p players who would probably never subscribed knowing that the gear gap is so large. Reminds of WoW when arena pvp gear was miles ahead of what you could get from just normal battlegrounds. Personally, I don't like large gear gaps since it's detrimental for pvp in the long run.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess