Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Juggernaut DPS, Should I?


Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
11.20.2012 , 11:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by majorBlasphemy View Post
Oh yeah?? Well this is my 11th juggernaut at 50 suck on that boiz!!
lol i used to have like 10 50's b4 i deleted alot of the duplicated cause of the sever merge man i play to much
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Jrmngndr's Avatar


Jrmngndr
11.21.2012 , 02:11 AM | #12
I've a campaign/black hole mix Vengeance one and usually pull the highest dps on the boss fights. I have a marauder too but I LOVE the single-saber stance and I feel complete with my Jugg, and when I say that I mean it. (I have played nearly all the classes, except sage and slinger.) I love being the guy that pulls the boss when the tank is dead and lets him get back into fight without worrying a wipe.

It's the littlest things and a bit sentimental but play what you enjoy is motto, so if you like it, go for it.
Drakeld | Malygris | Jormungandr
The Tchazzar Legacy

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
11.21.2012 , 04:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Yasin View Post
I've a campaign/black hole mix Vengeance one and usually pull the highest dps on the boss fights. I have a marauder too but I LOVE the single-saber stance and I feel complete with my Jugg, and when I say that I mean it. (I have played nearly all the classes, except sage and slinger.) I love being the guy that pulls the boss when the tank is dead and lets him get back into fight without worrying a wipe.

It's the littlest things and a bit sentimental but play what you enjoy is motto, so if you like it, go for it.
out of curiosity how much dps you do just what to see if i'm around the same numbers i currently do around 1600-1650 buffed with rakata stim and adrenal i'm BH mixed with some campign armoring lvl 27 hilt and a few lvl 27 mods
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

gamerpaul's Avatar


gamerpaul
11.21.2012 , 05:58 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
out of curiosity how much dps you do just what to see if i'm around the same numbers i currently do around 1600-1650 buffed with rakata stim and adrenal i'm BH mixed with some campign armoring lvl 27 hilt and a few lvl 27 mods
I'm similar to you guys and I found my dps went up when I switched to rage spec. It got a lot better for pve post 1.4 with the buffs to the tree. I was putting out similar numbers in vengance and now that I switched it's like 1800-1900. Made it onto http://www.torparse.com/statistics my first go with Rage spec on the first 3 bosses of HM TFB 8 man. My name is Caeus from the Harbinger btw.

BurnedRemains's Avatar


BurnedRemains
11.21.2012 , 07:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sgtshortsy View Post
I honestly cannot stand Mara's, yes they're easy
Stopped reading there.

Elyxin's Avatar


Elyxin
11.21.2012 , 10:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
lol i used to have like 10 50's b4 i deleted alot of the duplicated cause of the sever merge man i play to much
hehe I may run into the same situation myself. I love how the class plays, and after doing nothing but Ops and dailies for weeks at a time, it's almost refreshing to start one over and run through the planets.

It's sort of funny...I've leveled other classes too, but each time i start playing a class, i eventually drift back to my juggs.

....what can I say, I like juggs (pun intended)

Now the Rage DPS increase interests me...I may have to try a full rage spec at 50 for awhile and see how it works out. the big question is...is the DPS increase simply due to trash cleanup (a.k.a more damage on trash sets), or can you individually parse single targets and net similar results? That can make a big difference. Either way though, it's great to see Rage pulling competitive numbers.

If they revisit the vengeance spec at all, i really think our bleeds are a key to increasing our damage and viability. Ironscarlet had some interesting points in is post a few threads down on that idea. But I would love to see both specs find a solid niche for themselves, and it seems rage has gotten the smashfest DPS it deserves.

Xtrema's Avatar


Xtrema
11.21.2012 , 03:13 PM | #17
Jugg DPS is very good - this myth that we can't dps only helps us IMO. Last time I pugged a TFB HM they were hesitant to bring me and obviously had very low expectations (raid lead said they'll swap if we struggle with dps - obviously aimed at me), I ended up topping the DPS charts over their sniper, merc and mara. Low expectations = can only suprise them .

There was also a thread on the forums here somewhere about some guy min-maxing both jugg and mara dps, and the juggs DO top a bit shorter than the mara. But in the end this is fairly insignificant unless you're in one of those elitist guilds who take the day off of work just to be the first kill or something...

tl:dr; any class is good if you learn and play it correctly, so just play what you like
Vegeta - Nadd's Sarcophagus

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
11.22.2012 , 11:37 AM | #18
I am not bashing juggernauts or their guardian mirror AC, but from experience, a Marauder in the carnage tree (combat for Sentinels) i either have much more survivability then a Vengeance Juggernaut or i do so much damage as a Marauder, the lower survivability isn't noticed.

Its just that with the carnage and combat level 40 talent that replaces the Vicious Slash and Slash abilities on the Marauder and Sentinel, causes the Atarus Stance to always trigger the stances' extra attack, which admittedly isn't all that much, but in the long run, it all adds up.

The Juggernaut and Guardian don't have that type of ability, so it feels like they are left behind, because my marauder survives more punishment, then my juggernaut and they have the same gear (besides the medium and heavy differences) made by a friend of mine, as a marauder/sentinel, elites and class quest bosses are more easier to kill because they do alot more then 5% damage then the Juggernaut/Guardian.

Although i would love to be a tradtional jedi or sith and use only a single lightsaber, but how the marauder and sentinel is designed compared to the juggernaut and Guardian makes the medium armor based dps more of a dps option, while juggernauts and guardians have very good survivability if specced in their tanking tree, alot of people say to level up via tanking and using the healer companion when aquired and then respec into the tree you want when at level 50.

Sadly, that defeats the object of what i am trying to get done, i should be able to use any spec and any companion and not feel gimped, just like bioware promised during development, in the end, the juggernaut and guardian dps, the vengeance and vigiliance specs need some buffing, instead of some ****** dots, they need more burst, the issue is that the dailies are not very forgiving with gear shortages, if you are lacking in a single area, you will be ripped to pieces.

Overall, the whole 5% thing is just wrong, unless the Marauder/Sentinel just gets to that max dps faster then the Juggernaut/Guardian, then the juggernaut/Guardian needs to be buffed to the point that allows them to do that much dps in the same of time.

I tend to ignore pvp'ers opinions on classes, because they don't complain when they can't win, they keep their mouths shut if they never lose to avoid their class getting noticed.

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
11.22.2012 , 12:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
I am not bashing juggernauts or their guardian mirror AC, but from experience, a Marauder in the carnage tree (combat for Sentinels) i either have much more survivability then a Vengeance Juggernaut or i do so much damage as a Marauder, the lower survivability isn't noticed.

Its just that with the carnage and combat level 40 talent that replaces the Vicious Slash and Slash abilities on the Marauder and Sentinel, causes the Atarus Stance to always trigger the stances' extra attack, which admittedly isn't all that much, but in the long run, it all adds up.

The Juggernaut and Guardian don't have that type of ability, so it feels like they are left behind, because my marauder survives more punishment, then my juggernaut and they have the same gear (besides the medium and heavy differences) made by a friend of mine, as a marauder/sentinel, elites and class quest bosses are more easier to kill because they do alot more then 5% damage then the Juggernaut/Guardian.

Although i would love to be a tradtional jedi or sith and use only a single lightsaber, but how the marauder and sentinel is designed compared to the juggernaut and Guardian makes the medium armor based dps more of a dps option, while juggernauts and guardians have very good survivability if specced in their tanking tree, alot of people say to level up via tanking and using the healer companion when aquired and then respec into the tree you want when at level 50.

Sadly, that defeats the object of what i am trying to get done, i should be able to use any spec and any companion and not feel gimped, just like bioware promised during development, in the end, the juggernaut and guardian dps, the vengeance and vigiliance specs need some buffing, instead of some ****** dots, they need more burst, the issue is that the dailies are not very forgiving with gear shortages, if you are lacking in a single area, you will be ripped to pieces.

Overall, the whole 5% thing is just wrong, unless the Marauder/Sentinel just gets to that max dps faster then the Juggernaut/Guardian, then the juggernaut/Guardian needs to be buffed to the point that allows them to do that much dps in the same of time.

I tend to ignore pvp'ers opinions on classes, because they don't complain when they can't win, they keep their mouths shut if they never lose to avoid their class getting noticed.
i admit jugg dps could some sort of buff but from what i have seen other people post they can do pretty comparable dps to a mara
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Jrmngndr's Avatar


Jrmngndr
11.22.2012 , 04:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
out of curiosity how much dps you do just what to see if i'm around the same numbers i currently do around 1600-1650 buffed with rakata stim and adrenal i'm BH mixed with some campign armoring lvl 27 hilt and a few lvl 27 mods
I was around 1550 when I still had 3 pieces of Rakata left, guess it must be close to your numbers now. I'll try and get my parse from this weekend's coming EC run and be more specific.

----
By the way, do you all still use PvP relics or already switched to Dread Guard ones yet? I'm thinking about getting the proc one with 47 static power bonus to replace my BM Boundless Ages one nowadays.
Drakeld | Malygris | Jormungandr
The Tchazzar Legacy