Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Henu
11.20.2012 , 07:35 PM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by dejavy View Post
I'M NOT GONNA CHANGE MY AC, I LOVE COMMANDO!!! Aaaand i have vanguard already and WOULD probably play it if i could deal damage as before not at 10m distance.
This also.. im sticking with my Arsenal Merc, nothing or nobody will make me change.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

Macroeconomics
11.20.2012 , 09:20 PM | #332
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
mec/commando dps is not broken. its fine. you let a merc free-cast for the entire warzone, and they will put up stupidly high numbers.
Merc dps left unmolested will still put up lower numbers than Sorc dps, Snipers or Smash Monkeys. The problem is that that Merc dps put up lower damage numbers when unmolested AND when under duress.

Henu
11.20.2012 , 09:36 PM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
Merc dps left unmolested will still put up lower numbers than Sorc dps, Snipers or Smash Monkeys. The problem is that that Merc dps put up lower damage numbers when unmolested AND when under duress.
Dont give us that BS, im a full time Arsenal Merc DPS'er, i can put out put as much DPS as most other classes. It has nothing to do with being Molested as you say, its about knowing the class, knowing how to kite and knowing the maps and Most important how to LOS.

Our server has some Great DPS players, both republic and imperial, and further more great players, and i can play just as well as the great players on my Merc.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

Muramxx
11.20.2012 , 10:05 PM | #334
I have no issues taking down people on my merc. I do think they are underpowered in comparason to other classes as far as utilities go. I have a specific job set that I do well with. I am excellent 1v1 and tend to draw noobs away from nodes or doors (voidstar) because they think "It's just a merc and I am a maurader" i just burn them down in a couple of seconds, one less person on the battlefield for that team. Sometimes I can get 3 people to follow me and leave a node completely undefended and I just run around. I fully understand I will eventually die but I make it take as long as possible gives my team a much better chance to take the nodes. Same thing on defense, I can hold people off long enough to get reinforcements when that 2-3 guys tries to cap my point. I may not put out the dmg but I have some wicked endurance and make sure people have to give me everything to drop me.

Henu
11.20.2012 , 10:57 PM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
I have no issues taking down people on my merc. I do think they are underpowered in comparason to other classes as far as utilities go. I have a specific job set that I do well with. I am excellent 1v1 and tend to draw noobs away from nodes or doors (voidstar) because they think "It's just a merc and I am a maurader" i just burn them down in a couple of seconds, one less person on the battlefield for that team. Sometimes I can get 3 people to follow me and leave a node completely undefended and I just run around. I fully understand I will eventually die but I make it take as long as possible gives my team a much better chance to take the nodes. Same thing on defense, I can hold people off long enough to get reinforcements when that 2-3 guys tries to cap my point. I may not put out the dmg but I have some wicked endurance and make sure people have to give me everything to drop me.
exactly. im not saying we are perfect, we surely do lack in some area's but the guy i quoted said mercs are sub par... i think maybe its just him that is sub par..

Dovahbrah
11.20.2012 , 11:08 PM | #336
Patch 1.6 notes are up, and no signs of any Commando/Merc love. How predictable.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

cashogy
11.21.2012 , 12:12 AM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Patch 1.6 notes are up, and no signs of any Commando/Merc love. How predictable.
show your support for us!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...16#post5447816

this is my official manifesto lol

Nassik
11.21.2012 , 12:22 AM | #338
No mention of the proposed jetpack escape ability? A Dev himself weakly stated that we've got escapability issues. The proposed jetpack ability would give us that.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

klham
11.21.2012 , 12:40 AM | #339
I don't think anyone was expecting changes to class balance in this patch, but they've made it clear that it's coming. They've acknowledged that there are issues. Stay positive, but keep up the drum beat . It'll happen.

Nassik
11.21.2012 , 12:42 AM | #340
I'm expecting it somewhere around update 3.2

Cash makes a good point, though. With a new WZ coming this is a good opportunity to address the Merc.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian