Which tank has the most/least buttons

Darth_Bond

In their rotation or playstyle....or rather buttons in general?

I have a 50 vanguard i tank with, and i have a 45 jugg now who im getting to 50....

I find on my vanguard tanking is...less stressful, although there are advantages to tanking on a jugg(Much better cooldowns, and great single target threat)

out of the 3 tanking classes which has the smallest/shortest rotation (least headache to tank with) or has the least amount of buttons and button pressing in general??

sometimes the jugg tanking just gets overwhelming because i need to keep track of more stuff...more abilites lots more buttons to worry about than my vanguard...

Can someone put them in order, from least to most or vice versa

Edited by Darth_Bond

Guardians have the most abilities outright and the most buttons explicitly used, Shadows are in the middle, and VGs have the absolute fewest.

Im too lazy to go through them all but id have to aggree with this, i dont have a 50 vg but i tank raids on a guardian and a shadow, and while you have to remember to keep your rocks up on a shadow the guardian uses way more abilities.

I have had a 50 Powertech for a long time and have recently come back to finish up my 43 Juggernaut. I don't have an Assassin yet, but that is going to be the final class I pick up to finish off my buff unlocks.

Between the Powertech and the Juggernaut, the Powertech definitely has less buttons and lower amount of mental focus going towards resource/cooldown management compared to the Juggernaut. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure that the Juggernaut gets a lot in return for all the extra work. I do enjoy the increased mobility from Intercede a lot and they definitely have better defensive CDs; overall they're short an entire CD and one of them (Kolto Overload) is really terrible. Besides the CDs and Intercede, most of the time I feel like I prefer the functionality of the Powertech's skillset. Speaking of CDs, I'd really like to see them do something new with Kolto Overload to make it more relevant, maybe have it remove a debuff every time it ticks. Something to justify the rather serious 3 minute cooldown on it.

While I don't have an Assassin yet, looking over them it seems to me that they have slightly less activity and resource management pressure than the Juggernaut, but more player focus taken up by the decision making process during combat.

Something to justify the rather serious 3 minute cooldown on it.

For tanks, Kolto Overload/Adrenaline Rush has a 2 min CD (unless you didn't take the rather obvious tier 3 talent that also improves absorb by 4%), which is pretty much standard for the self healing CDs. Instead of having it do something as disturbingly powerful as cleanse with each tick (Resilience is the only tank CD that does anything like that and it simply cleanses once at activation; cleansing with each tick would functionally make you immune to DoTs for a full 10 seconds), it would be more useful to have it frontload the self heal so that you don't have to wait the full 10 seconds to see decent returns out of it. As it stands, you really have to burn Adrenaline Rush when you *expect* to be low on hp rather than simply being low on hp because, if you already are, you've pretty much used it too late already. My recommendation would be for it to be switched to something closer to Battle Readiness: 10% heal immediately and the remaining 5% over the course of the next 10 seconds (Battle Readiness accomplishes pretty much the same thing, except the secondary healing is a static quantity that simply is approximately of 5% of max health).

Even so, just doing that wouldn't really address the CD discrepancy that VGs have (especially since none of the "heal CDs" are really all that effective), though that's part of the whole VG design theme: simplicity. It would be great if they got another survivability CD (possibly one that gives them some degree of F/T Resistance), but it's not likely since VGs were designed to be simple tanks and the devs have largely stuck to that.

Well, if ten seconds out of every two minutes being sort-of immune-ish to certain debuffs is really disturbing, maybe kill two birds with one stone and compress the effect down to five seconds to improve the HPS closer to usefulness. Five cleanses over five seconds every two minutes seems reasonable for a defensive cooldown. Considering tank Assassins wind up with FS with the same duration every sixty seconds I think it tank balance would still get on just as well.

I also don't think adding an entirely new CD is really necessary, at least until the level cap goes up and skill trees expand. Not when they currently have one that we know needs improvement that can just as well help cover that gap.