Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

False Advertising and Fraud!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
False Advertising and Fraud!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jupitorjones
11.20.2012 , 07:19 PM | #21
no one in the game gets a free name change at all, so yeah , maybe guilds do , i don't have one . there is no name changing service yet
Jedi waves hand-- " you want to drop your weapon and surrender" Bounty Hunter waves hand " you are an idiot"

Senaini
11.20.2012 , 07:57 PM | #22
They were asked about the name changes a few days ago, as well: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5426353

Glad to see they finally took it down.

LarenDahe
11.21.2012 , 12:29 AM | #23
Come on, you and I both know you haven't purchased anything under the belief you're getting a free name change. Then again, maybe I'm completely wrong... you wouldn't be the first person without a shred of common sense I've encountered. If you've got a level 50 then surely you've played this game long enough to know there are no options at this time to change the name of a character you've already created. You're certainly aware that using special characters in your name online requires extra effort on the part of others to communicate with you. Well, again... if you use common sense.

So, the attitude you've got is misplaced. Now if you meant to come along in the style of "Hey, Bioware, you've got a mistake here that can be viewed in this way that should be changed." Then that'd make you an awesome person who knows mistakes happen and no one is perfect. On the other hand, the way it reads is a little like if someone bumped into the back of your car you'd be the sort of person in court claiming they should pay you a few million because you'll never be able to work again. This was a minor bump at best, not you being crushed under a runaway truck.
Don't Panic!!

NCornelius
11.21.2012 , 12:37 AM | #24
I got what I wanted & they apologized. If they are not providing the services that they advertise then they needed to remove it.

Quote:
3. Remove the False Advertising on your website that says "Get one Character, Guild, or Legacy name change per month."
Quote:
Hi there,

I wanted to apologize about this confusion. It is our intention in the future to be able to provide the free character, guild, or Legacy name change per month, but unfortunately, we are not able to offer this at this time. We will be removing the text, as it is an error. Thank you for calling this to our attention!
They did,
I WIN!

Quote: Originally Posted by LarenDahe View Post
On the other hand, the way it reads is a little like if someone bumped into the back of your car you'd be the sort of person in court claiming they should pay you a few million because you'll never be able to work again. This was a minor bump at best, not you being crushed under a runaway truck.
Also I was not asking for any thing special just the services they where advertising or for them to remove the content from their website. I think you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.