Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Server Transfers (Server Population Fix)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Guild Server Transfers (Server Population Fix)

queenstumblina
12.20.2011 , 08:28 AM | #1
Any chance guilds will have the option to switch servers? My guild was assigned to a server thats been having two hour queues. I'd love a chance to move my guild to a server with a lower population.

I'm sure a lot of other guilds are in the same boat. This would fix a lot of the server population issues- how about it, Bioware?

gregordunbar
12.20.2011 , 08:32 AM | #2
seriously, get pissed off about them leaving the option open to always have queues and telling us to swithc servers.

This is an MMORPG not a shooter played online where server caps are fine.

Start demanding they do what they were supposed to do with the stress test, find the max server load...and INCREASE it with a hardware upgrade.

A server transfer will place you on a lower pop server for a SHORT time...because 10s of thousands of others will do the same and suddenly youll find your low pop server a FULL one and right back where you started only on a different server.

The fix is a load increase on all servers, not transferring.

queenstumblina
12.20.2011 , 08:37 AM | #3
Then they can pre-arrange where to move us so the populations are balanced. Just give us the option, and we will sign up!

This would also fix another issue- for those of us that loaded in our guilds, it would give our guilds a better chance for growth. I know on our server, The Fatman, most of the characters on it are from imported guilds- there is very little chance to expand guild numbers. Guild transfers would help guilds to grow.

I know there are limits to what the servers can hold. Just give us the option to help balance the servers and people will sign up!