Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Folder Size: 49GB?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LokRobster
11.20.2012 , 07:03 PM | #1
I was telling some friends to download and play the game - I figured I'd check how much room they'd need on their hard-drive. My BioWare folder is 49.1 GB!

What size is this thing supposed to be anyway? Do I need to delete and reinstall, or are there some core files I can keep and delete the rest?

Thanks,

Rodian-Bob
-- Rodian-Bob of Ahazi Forums '03 - '06
Robii D'Luminatii the Rodian *Master Doctor, Master Pistoleer*
Ancient Ahazi Denizen, Perdition/Grendin Waste, Lok
SW GAMES NEED RODIANS AS PCs!!

AceMcVeer
11.20.2012 , 07:06 PM | #2
You have test server as well. The whole game is about 20GB I think, maybe a little more.

Beesodd
11.20.2012 , 07:42 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi LokRobster,

As AceMcVeer mentions, it sounds like you have the PTS client on your machine(a few versions actually, if you're up to 50GB).

If you're short on space, you can get around this by deleting the specific asset files from your game directory. These are the ones with the prefix "swtor_test_main". If you do wish to try this, I'd advise you to make a backup first, and be careful not to accidentally delete an asset file not used by the game proper.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

LokRobster
12.15.2012 , 08:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi LokRobster,

As AceMcVeer mentions, it sounds like you have the PTS client on your machine(a few versions actually, if you're up to 50GB).

If you're short on space, you can get around this by deleting the specific asset files from your game directory. These are the ones with the prefix "swtor_test_main". If you do wish to try this, I'd advise you to make a backup first, and be careful not to accidentally delete an asset file not used by the game proper.
Interesting. So i'm more than double where I'm supposed to be. Sounds like for that size difference I'll be better off deleting the entire folder and re-downloading the client. Like on a Sunday when I'm not playing anyway.

And who knows? Perhaps a reinstall will cut down on all the CTD action... heh

[casual < 10 hour a week player trying to figure out if there is any advantage to continuing sub]
-- Rodian-Bob of Ahazi Forums '03 - '06
Robii D'Luminatii the Rodian *Master Doctor, Master Pistoleer*
Ancient Ahazi Denizen, Perdition/Grendin Waste, Lok
SW GAMES NEED RODIANS AS PCs!!

OwenBrooks
12.15.2012 , 08:52 PM | #5
50 GB is about right for main game + test
ie. 25gb each although it is closer to 20gb

If your happy to delete and re-download it can't hurt if you dont want to just delete the test server files as suggested above