Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are F2P customers taking support away from Subs ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Are F2P customers taking support away from Subs ?

elitenz
11.20.2012 , 04:50 PM | #1
A big issue that us Subscribers are noticing is the terrible in game support since F2P launched same goes with the phone support are these F2P people taking the support that we should be getting before them away ?

korosan
11.20.2012 , 04:54 PM | #2
F2p players and preferred players cant get in-game support or phone support they can only get web support so no they are not BW is just Super short staffed

JesterBear
11.20.2012 , 05:02 PM | #3
No, everyone is getting equally screwed on support. Rather, lack there of. I've currently been on hold for 20 minutes trying to talk to someone at the 855# about why I don't have cartel coins.
"I'd rather be an open sinner than a false saint."

Odjii
11.20.2012 , 05:06 PM | #4
free players can call in for support, I wouldn't doubt that's the reason behind 4 hour waits. Veteran players don't have much to complain about.

Odjii
11.20.2012 , 05:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JesterBear View Post
No, everyone is getting equally screwed on support. Rather, lack there of. I've currently been on hold for 20 minutes trying to talk to someone at the 855# about why I don't have cartel coins.
first you go through a call center in India, then you're transferred to someone who can help a little more. After 4 hours you'll prob just end up without a solution. You've only just begun, enjoy the wait.

JesterBear
11.20.2012 , 05:07 PM | #6
The hell we don't.
"I'd rather be an open sinner than a false saint."

nazzeth
11.20.2012 , 07:41 PM | #7
There is an issue with the payment gateway at the moment. Both CC and Paypal payments are failing without detail, and adding new credit cards has to be done over the phone because the online system doesn't accept them.

I tried to Re-Sub on Friday and couldn't and the issue still isn't resolved. So as time goes on, peoples Subscriptions are ending and the automated subscription payments are failing, meaning more and more subscribers are joining the ranks of F2P because of this issue.

I've spent about 9 hours in total since Friday on hold to CS and only got through twice. Both times their solution was to temporally activate my account for a single day. The first time the issue just re-occurred once that time expired. The 2nd time was yesterday, and I don't think I'll be subscribed once my manually allocated time expires. Also meaning i'll loose my ability to post on these forums regarding my issue.

This Issue also affects the Cartel Coins as people can't buy them (that's Free 2 play and Subscribers) F2P players can't post in the forum though, So for each Subscriber that has imagine 10 that can't post the same issue.

Thread regarding Cartel Coins: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=555534
Thread regarding Sub Issue: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=559345