Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warrior smash spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warrior smash spec

Darth_Dreselus
11.20.2012 , 02:59 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Sorry dudeski, its a spec and L2P issue... You are a Sin, a melee/range hybrid. Your bread and butter is melee, but you should play a "cat/mouse DPS" game against this class. Pepper them with ranged attacks, avoid sweep/smash, melee when shroud/cloak is up, stealth, rinse/repeat.

If you are going to engage in melee range, you need to escape/avoid sweeps. You have all the tools to do it. Spec 12 points in the Darkness tree to Disjunction.

If you see the possibilty of one coming:
1. Force Speed
2. Force Shroud
3. Force Stealth
3. Stun
4. KB

SWeep/Smash is a Force attack, so Shroud nullifies it completely. Speed and stealth nullifies it by making them miss. Stun/KB are also options, but fills resolve, so they should be last option.
Smash spec usually hybrids the CC immunity from Vengeance so the Kb/Stun does not work.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Jadescythe
11.20.2012 , 03:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Smash spec usually hybrids the CC immunity from Vengeance so the Kb/Stun does not work.
What idiots Smash Juggs are you running into? Who would give up armor penetration, increase to force crit damage, and one of the abilities to build shockwave in order to go into vengeance? You would give up probably 1-2k damage per smash for this at least.
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

Darth_Dreselus
11.20.2012 , 03:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
What idiots Smash Juggs are you running into? Who would give up armor penetration, increase to force crit damage, and one of the abilities to build shockwave in order to go into vengeance? You would give up probably 1-2k damage per smash for this at least.
**** if I know, all I see is that the only way to avoid Smash is to Force Speed. Whenever I try to Force Wave they are immune and then proceed to remove half my health bar...well they would but they tend to just remove my bubble and stun themselves that way =P
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

L-RANDLE
11.20.2012 , 03:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I am a hybrid D/FOC spec, strictly to have some better defensive tools (i.e. balanced). My best sweeps are around 5k. They are good, but not enough for others to cry about... It would be about the same for a ven/vig hybrids... And Charge/Leap only activates it the non-cc proc, not Obli/Zeal..

Anybody want to really learn why Sweep/Smash is overly strong?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango
Not only are you scissors, but you can be rock every 1.5/1min

L-RANDLE
11.20.2012 , 03:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
**** if I know, all I see is that the only way to avoid Smash is to Force Speed. Whenever I try to Force Wave they are immune and then proceed to remove half my health bar...well they would but they tend to just remove my bubble and stun themselves that way =P
you have to spec 12 points in the Vig/Ven tree to get that talent...

Spoiler

L-RANDLE
11.20.2012 , 03:58 PM | #26

Anybody want to really learn why Sweep/Smash is overly strong?
Guess not....

Oh well...

DarthBloodloss
11.20.2012 , 05:16 PM | #27
If everyone is playing a smash spec on that server, I hope you have the 30% reduction to AoEs. Seems like a good defense when everyone plays AoE.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Babyfood
11.20.2012 , 05:25 PM | #28
Guess not....

Oh well...
I would like to know the answer!!1

Ramtar
11.20.2012 , 06:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
If everyone is playing a smash spec on that server, I hope you have the 30% reduction to AoEs. Seems like a good defense when everyone plays AoE.
^ one of the best advice.

Also, many better start thinking about bumping up Expertise.

1390 Expertise produces:
* 25.22% PvP Damage Boost
* 20.14% PvP Damage Reduction
* 14.00% PvP Healing Boost

I really don't know when PvP Damage/Reduction is finally applied but adding a 25.22% to a 5k Sweep/Smash becomes 6261.

QuietGoneJinn
11.20.2012 , 06:30 PM | #30
Ways to avoid Smash:

1. Casually walk out of radius. Seriously, it's that easy.
2. Don't fight in a cluster
3. Use your Knockback
4. Get knocked back by Smasher's teammate
5. Absorb
6. Resist
7. Stun
8. Pull

Also keep in mind, Rage speced get SMASHED too. They're givers and receivers.

/THREAD