Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

Wolfninjajedi
11.20.2012 , 03:19 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by pbajnokl View Post
Because Aurbere is an absolute Revan hater who can't face (or doesn't care about) the facts or what is not written down by someone (for example lightsaber form mastery...)
Eh?..If theres no evidence suggesting that Revan was a master of all lightsaber forms, then how is it a fact? You need evidence to support facts do you not?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
11.20.2012 , 03:22 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Eh?..If theres no evidence suggesting that Revan was a master of all lightsaber forms, then how is it a fact? You need evidence to support facts do you not?
Good thing you got to it first. I had to re-read that post a couple times.

As to Revan mastering any Lightsaber forms. Because there is absolutely no evidence to support such a claim, we can only assume that he did not. We know that we was skilled with a lightsaber, but we can't say that he mastered any of the forms.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

pbajnokl
11.20.2012 , 03:38 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Read the rest too (Aurebere too)... I never said anything about Revan lightsaber forms (and as I see the moment u read that someone says "this isn't written down" you think they talk about the opposite of your oppinion) and as I said before I didn't write this so u can argue about if he increased the lightsaber forms to the mastery level or not, it's just an example that I put it here but I can put something else there if u want to.

Wolfninjajedi
11.20.2012 , 03:49 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by pbajnokl View Post
Read the rest too (Aurebere too)... I never said anything about Revan lightsaber forms (and as I see the moment u read that someone says "this isn't written down" you think they talk about the opposite of your oppinion) and as I said before I didn't write this so u can argue about if he increased the lightsaber forms to the mastery level or not, it's just an example that I put it here but I can put something else there if u want to.
Was just mainly taking your example really, I know you didn't say anything about it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
11.20.2012 , 04:12 PM | #215
Someone needs to ask the writers about this. But I have a feeling they'd side with the Revan is uber-powerful side. And to be honest I'd tempted to agree. Everything he has done seems to suggest he is extremely powerful in the Force (does it not). I mean, he's only been defeated by the Emperor and four of the most powerful Imperials of the OR era. That's basically all we have to go on.

MasterMe
11.20.2012 , 04:15 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Good thing you got to it first. I had to re-read that post a couple times.

As to Revan mastering any Lightsaber forms. Because there is absolutely no evidence to support such a claim, we can only assume that he did not. We know that we was skilled with a lightsaber, but we can't say that he mastered any of the forms.
Well your sorta right.
- We know he was one of the best lightsaber duelists (arguably the best) of his time (Rayla - you know what I mean by that).

With that in mind, it's very likely that he did master a lightsaber form (or perhaps nearly mastered a form). Although it never says anywhere (that I'm aware of) that Revan did master a form. Note: I could name several Jedi of his time that did master lightsaber forms - this means that he LIKELY mastered a form.

In the end we can't assume he did or didn't master a lightsaber form - we simply need to be open-minded to either possibility. However I'd like to point out that just because (if) he didn't master a form doesn't make him a slouch. If he didn't master a form, then he WAS the next best thing to a master at lightsaber combat.

Aurbere
11.20.2012 , 04:18 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Well your sorta right.
- We know he was one of the best lightsaber duelists (arguably the best) of his time (Rayla - you know what I mean by that).

With that in mind, it's very likely that he did master a lightsaber form (or perhaps nearly mastered a form). Although it never says anywhere (that I'm aware of) that Revan did master a form. Note: I could name several Jedi of his time that did master lightsaber forms - this means that he LIKELY mastered a form.

In the end we can't assume he did or didn't master a lightsaber form - we simply need to be open-minded to either possibility. However I'd like to point out that just because (if) he didn't master a form doesn't make him a slouch. If he didn't master a form, then he WAS the next best thing to a master at lightsaber combat.
I think we can all agree that Revan was a skilled duelist and powerful in the Force. It is possible that he mastered a lightsaber form, but I believe that he used multiple different forms and became a skilled user of those forms. What forms he did use and his skill in them, I do not know.

For now, we can only say that he was a skilled duelist and powerful in the Force.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

maxetius
11.20.2012 , 04:54 PM | #218
Even confirmed in TOR. Fighting Revan he has a passive named 'force in balance.' When you start kicking his butt, it is replaced by another passive 'power of the dark side' as he embraces it in his desperation.

steaktrooper
11.20.2012 , 04:56 PM | #219
Sigh..... these guys are obviously never going to stop arguing. I think both sides have said their points more than enough. I think it is time to move on.
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

MasterMe
11.20.2012 , 05:10 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Even confirmed in TOR. Fighting Revan he has a passive named 'force in balance.' When you start kicking his butt, it is replaced by another passive 'power of the dark side' as he embraces it in his desperation.
I actually haven't done that fight yet. Could someone explan what happens when he "embraces the darkside in desperation?" That seems kinda like stupid writing to me. Also, if this is true, doesn't this just mean that he starts using darksided powers like lightning?