Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opinions on the new Project animation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Opinions on the new Project animation?

SnakeAes
11.16.2012 , 12:46 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
And why should we care what 'returning players' think about an animation we've gotten used to over many months already?
The fact that players are used to it doesn't mean it's good.

I personally don't see why Project can't just utilize sort of a telekinetic ball, represented graphically by like a semi-transparent sphere that we hurl at foes. I have no issue with the animation from a balance perspective, but I agree that the old animation was much more impressive to look at.
勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win." - The Art of War

feliix
11.16.2012 , 02:53 PM | #282
The old animation for project was clearly inferior to it's mirror skill
imperial side with regards to pvp. Huge, unending tirades raged
about the imbalance. In my opinion, it looked great. Those great
looking, massive rock throws meant imperials could dodge your
attack in certain scenarios. I liked it, despite the unending forum
rage against project at that time.

The new animation, perhaps not as impressive looking. But
functionally, it's on par with it's mirror skill. The parity is nice,
and certainly is something to "like".

Maybe an easy compromise would be to have the old animation
style in effect for PVE encounters, newer more balanced animation
for PVP. Sure, people would still complain, but it would be a whole
new crop of people! Maybe it could be a lore thing, along the
following lines:

Having a PVP animation, and different PVE animation for project makes
my head hurt, making me feel unbalanced. It also interferes with my
ideas about the lore regarding yanking septic tanks out of the ground
to hurl at my enemies. FIX IT!

Sinatore
11.16.2012 , 11:02 PM | #283
I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE NEW ANIMATION ! I'd pay cartel coins to get the old animation back
LEXXER - SHADOW
omg PINK

Elyxin
11.20.2012 , 02:18 PM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by SnakeAes View Post
I personally don't see why Project can't just utilize sort of a telekinetic ball, represented graphically by like a semi-transparent sphere that we hurl at foes.
Do you mean like the Disturbance semi-transparent ball of force? or the Telekinetic wave style of ball of force? or possibly the turbulence style of a slightly visible ball of force?

I"m really teasing you mostly but depending on your spec, it may not be the best solution. but I can see where you are going. I don't think the issue was with the graphic as much as the timing. it just took too long for the damage to record. if you watch the new graphic, its the same rock....just hurtling out of the ground right at the opponent. I too like the original graphic, and didn't care about the timing, but now that I've gotten used to the new one it doesn't bug me as much.

But i can understand why some people simply don't like it. For me , it was really just resisting change. I don't mind it now, and in all honesty, I'm not sure at this point that I'd want another "ball of force" in my repertoire. already have too many on my Tk sage that look the same

Altheran
11.20.2012 , 02:38 PM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyxin View Post
But i can understand why some people simply don't like it. For me , it was really just resisting change. I don't mind it now, and in all honesty, I'm not sure at this point that I'd want another "ball of force" in my repertoire. already have too many on my Tk sage that look the same
And what about a little white blast of Force (like a sudden air decompression) right in the chest of the target (similar to the stormy cloud of Inquisitors) in place of Project, and stream of high pressured air in place of Telekinetic Throw.
The first one could be called Force Blast, and the second one Force Pressure (I know, i'm not very productive on names).

It could make happy the rock-throwing haters, and bring (back) a bit of coolness (in my opinion, the old Project was cool mainly because of temporization, now it's just random)

Lesliey
11.23.2012 , 04:16 PM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by Noobishlord View Post
I never had the luxury of seeing the old Project, but I will admit, I like how it is now. Shock, all you do is move your hand and the enemy is sparked. Project rips a rock out of the ground and chucks it at the target's head. It never gets old.
They still have the old animation on the heroic project! it does and i always thought it looked better, but ive gotten use to the new 1 now
POW
Leslies/Slylies

Power of One. TOFN

Nanglez
12.29.2012 , 11:14 PM | #287
It's a shame they never fixed this. My Sage has been gathering dust since it hit 50 due to my favorite ability STILL looking terrible ):

Ah well.

Shadowseve
12.30.2012 , 04:49 AM | #288
Honestly I'm ok with the new projection. I like it way better than force breach, and immensely better than the slow moving pebble storm of doom. I've tried and tried to like the consular going both sage and shadow, however I just can't take that class serious.

theRaiders
12.30.2012 , 10:10 PM | #289
I like the new project....however for the purpose of this thread what if sages raised a spike from the earth underneath their target...kind of like what zorn and toth do, but for the sage not as large of a spike?
Swingin'richard II 55 Sage II The Harbinger II Intrepid

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/Mug-Life-T-Shirt.jpg

majornig
02.20.2013 , 09:43 AM | #290
I know this thread is a bit old but I just wanted to put in my two cents. I played a Jedi consular awhile ago and project is what made the class for me. It just felt epic and powerful. I stopped playing the game for awhile, about 4 months, and when i came back I started a new Jedi consular. When i used project for the first time I thought "this doesn't seem as cool as i remembered it" but i continued playing. about a week later I was watching youtube videos and saw someone use the move before the patch. I thought to myself "Thats what i remember, that is why this class was so awesome. What happened?" Then i looked it up and found this thread. So PLEASE!!!! change the animation back, it was amazing the way it was before. I understand the issue that made you change it but i think people on this thread has come up with really good ways to fix this problem while keeping the old animation that we all know and love.