Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidating Info on 16-man NiM Stormcaller and Firebrand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Consolidating Info on 16-man NiM Stormcaller and Firebrand

paowee
11.19.2012 , 03:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
Yeah i think you are right here. No one should even be using the tanks to get to their shields. It's not very hard to walk off the tank and get to your shield within the (10?) seconds defensive systems is being cast.
I've always used the tank's KB to get myself into a shield to try put in as much extra hits / dps as I can (this was back in Hard Mode though). I think the point of that certain discussion was if 1) getting KB deals enough damage to warrant walking away as soon as possible to avoid the KB's damage (which was proven negligible ~830 damage as per Kemonotic's parse). Walking to a shield bubble or getting KB = personal preference (imo).
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Jinxblog
11.19.2012 , 09:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Could the damage be coming from the Mortar Volley itself?

Get KB-> Hit a wall ->Get hit by the Mortar AoE while trying to run under the shield.
We thought that might have been it too but looking at combat logs, the damage taken did not add up to our healers' health. 1 Scoundrel only took a complete total of 12k damage in one run and still managed to die. In another instance, I hit the wall after the pushback, went down to 10% HP and actually reached my designated shield before any of my group members and I had way less health than any of them. Additionally, we would have seen everyone get hit with an early Mortar Volley right after the pushback. This did not happen. Something was wrong.

Additionally, the red "-14,000" did not appear on my screen, leading us to believe I and the scoundrel was NOT hit by a Mortar Volley. It's certainly a strange thing. Using the pushback was a great way to reach the shields faster. Interesting and challenging to see this tactic possibly removed.

Trying the tanks again tonight. We've made it to the second shield phase and upped the DPS on Firebrand; we now do not get to a second DD.
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

Dragonbgone
11.19.2012 , 09:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
Yeah i think you are right here. No one should even be using the tanks to get to their shields. It's not very hard to walk off the tank and get to your shield within the (10?) seconds defensive systems is being cast.
This is what we've been doing instead of flying off. As soon as the shields come up on the mini-map we move to them, no one takes unnecessary damage.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

DarkhorseForLife
11.20.2012 , 02:00 AM | #24
We'll be posting our kill video relatively soon.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

DarkhorseForLife
11.20.2012 , 02:01 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
This is what we've been doing instead of flying off. As soon as the shields come up on the mini-map we move to them, no one takes unnecessary damage.
Depends which shield you are going to.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Chaqen
11.20.2012 , 10:26 AM | #26
Can someone post their log from 16 man showing how much damage they take from defensive systems? There is alot of visual lag at times in the game, and lag with the hot bar and if you're taking damage from multiple sources it is hard to tell what is hitting you for what without looking through a log.

tahoeWolverine
11.27.2012 , 10:02 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
Can someone post their log from 16 man showing how much damage they take from defensive systems?
What do you mean by damage from defensive systems? Do you mean damage on the kiting tank, damage from the knockback, damage from the adds? I can tell you that using the knockback may be dangerous and unreliable, and that the only one's taking consistent damage are the kiting tank and the last DD soakers.
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

OSUKirkland
11.27.2012 , 10:21 AM | #28
I actually stayed on the tank as long as possible to get as much damage in as possible before defensive systems is active. But I'm a sorcerer. Anyone with sprint can stay on and DPS and sprint with a second or two left on def. systems castbar.
Lord Saros
<Chosen> on Prophecy of the Five

Aerro
11.27.2012 , 11:07 AM | #29
I stayed on Firebrand until the very last second and used its knockback to get me to the shield. 9/10 I landed directly in the shield... the other times I stepped 2m and was in, no damage every taken.

Best way to maximize DPS without a sprint in my opinion.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Chaqen
11.27.2012 , 11:15 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by tahoeWolverine View Post
What do you mean by damage from defensive systems? Do you mean damage on the kiting tank, damage from the knockback, damage from the adds? I can tell you that using the knockback may be dangerous and unreliable, and that the only one's taking consistent damage are the kiting tank and the last DD soakers.
I meant damage from the knock back, much like how i posted a log of the damage from 8 man. I asked for it because people were stating they were taking huge damage spikes from doing it, from unknown sources. I highly doubt that the damage would be more then 2k if that, and if people are taking additional damage it is from either; A) a bug or B) motor volley or C) single destruction. If it is a bug of some sort we will never know unless people document it, by sharing their logs.

As it stands you take less then 1k damage from the knock back when you dont have single destruction on you, in 8 man; making it a very viable and most likely prefer method to get the shields. I dont see anything that would cause a huge difference where it would become unfavorable to do in 16 man.