Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic BiS?

schnopsnosn
11.19.2012 , 10:57 AM | #31
Is it possible that the DG Relic of Shield Amplification is bugged?
It doesn't seem to proc at all on my Assassin despite me shielding attacks.

murshawursha
11.19.2012 , 05:10 PM | #32
Well, at the moment I have enough daily comms for one dread guard relic - should I get the +power on use, or the proc relic first?

floriwie
11.20.2012 , 03:17 AM | #33
I still don't understand BiS stuff for healing relics, I am seeing Sin tanks running around with 30K HP but to reach that you have to give up considerable Willpower and other defensive stuff for that much endurance...

The DPS of the full Campaign/BH or better DPS guys, reached to a level that it is impossible to hold aggro in such setup (there are marauders delivering 2150 DPS during the whole 6 min fight)....

That is the reason I am holding my HP around 26.5K but I can keep myself in the aggro department, if my DPS should have to pull the brakes all the time while I can't hold aggro, what is the use of having 2150 DPS...

If people are going 30K HP setups plus healing relics, I have no idea how they are holding aggro.....

jjones_
11.20.2012 , 08:09 AM | #34
I tested the Dread Guard proc healing relic on my Assassin tank against the combat dummy and over a 5 minute fight it healed me for a massive 6096 - I'd hardly call that substantially improving my survivability.

http://www.torparse.com/a/52394

You need to remember that the amount the relic heals for is static. It does not scale with willpower or against total health (like other assassin self-heals). Maybe if it crits the heals are slightly better but in my opinion this type of relic is still useless (even for a healer).
Server - The Red Eclipse
L55 Sorcerer / Assassin / Juggernaut / Marauder / Operative / Sniper / Mercenary / Powertech - Guardian / Sage / Scoundrel

LarryRow
11.20.2012 , 09:48 AM | #35
Really struggling with BiS for Guardian Tank. Right now I have 2 warhero defense relics and I do OK. Defense chance about 27% unstimmed.

If I swap for the DG Defense clicky, I go down to 24% defense, but popping it gets me 31%. Are there really boss phases where an extra 7% defense (which relies on RNG, after all) is better than across the board +3%?

The shield/absorb clicky seems like a better bet, because the shield chance is so high, so it's almost a guarantee that it will help. I am very wary of the absorb proc relic.

Either way, I need to reitemize in a big way, don't I, to get defense closer to 30% as a guardian? My shield is high 40s, and absorb low 50s.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

AidanLightwalker
11.20.2012 , 10:12 AM | #36
So fsr for my persoanal dps, the dg relics are giving me better numbers then thr wh ones. Finally!! Yay!!
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Marb
11.20.2012 , 01:34 PM | #37
@LarryRow: Whatever relics you decide upon, you should itemize accordingly. Your defence will take a dive by swapping out one of the war hero relics, so you will need to swap augments and maybe some mods/enhancements to keep your stats in relative harmony if you decide to ditch one. I like to itemise for just a single wh relic, that way I can swap out for clicky without throwing everything off.

Back onto the topic, is there a solid conclusion on the dread guard damage proc relics yet? and how would skills that increase internal / elemental damage influence these, if at all?
Harbinger

KeyboardNinja
11.20.2012 , 01:52 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
I'm sorry but could you please post numbers that prove that the heal-proc-relic provides better survivability over a +97def relic?
I did exactly that in a thread a while back on the tanking sub forum. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=545590

Basically, the WH defense relic gives me about 1.12% less survivability than the Campaign proc heal relic. That's about as much as three Dread Guard set pieces upgraded from Campaign.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

KeyboardNinja
11.20.2012 , 01:57 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by jjones_ View Post
I tested the Dread Guard proc healing relic on my Assassin tank against the combat dummy and over a 5 minute fight it healed me for a massive 6096 - I'd hardly call that substantially improving my survivability.

http://www.torparse.com/a/52394

You need to remember that the amount the relic heals for is static. It does not scale with willpower or against total health (like other assassin self-heals). Maybe if it crits the heals are slightly better but in my opinion this type of relic is still useless (even for a healer).
I know the numbers don't sound like much, but that's only because you're dramatically over-estimating the amount of damage you're mitigating. Not because mitigation is bad or being bypassed, but because the amount of damage you're receiving is very, very small (relatively speaking). See my spreadsheet linked in an earlier post.

The proc heal relic is really, really good for assassin/shadow tanks. It contributes about 20 HPS, which is an increase of at least 15.3% on your base self-heal. Seeing as your self heal is a significant component of your overall survivability (13% to be precise), a 15.3% increase is nothing to sniff at.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

nikthequick
11.20.2012 , 05:01 PM | #40
So this thread has been side-tracked and back so I have 1 easy question. What are currently the BiS relics for raiding Assasin Tanks & Annihilation Marauders?