Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Armortech] Rakata Schems

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Armortech] Rakata Schems

Ybini
07.15.2012 , 09:28 AM | #1
I had a guildie give me the stuff to make him one and found out that the process of crafting these things makes it bind of pickup and the crafter is considered the first pickup. So be warned its worthless to grind an alt to level to make that gear for yourself or someone else as its stuck with the crafter.

Teldrax
09.06.2012 , 06:48 AM | #2
I just found this out last night and was rather 'teed' off.
I went ahead and spent almost 200k on mats for two pieces of Rakata armor for my sniper. My bounty hunter is my Armormech. Sent the mats over, had them crafted, and bingo, bound to the character that made them.

How worthless is this?

I would imagine that they would be at least tradeable within the same legacy, but that doesn't work either.

Is the games intent that if we want the end game 'purple' armor, we need to make each character the appropriate crafter? (synth / armor) just to get those two pieces of armor? This seems rather dumb in my opinion.

Yea, I know the tool tip says bind on pickup, but I didn't notice that when I was planning to craft, or when I sent the companion out to craft. Every other piece of armor up to this point was bind on equip, so I just figured it would be the same.

TeganKing
09.08.2012 , 01:35 PM | #3
if the gear has mods, enhancements, armoring, you can pull out and put in legacy gear to trade to alts, but yea you cannot sell on gtn for profit

Selenial
09.08.2012 , 02:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TeganKing View Post
if the gear has mods, enhancements, armoring, you can pull out and put in legacy gear to trade to alts, but yea you cannot sell on gtn for profit
Only rakata craftable is bracer/belt but you can craft exotech (drops from EV and send the mods over)
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

finelinebob
09.08.2012 , 10:25 PM | #5
ArmorMECH....

Don't expect endgame crafting to be worth anything; BW simply has not planned for it to be so, or for crafting to be more than a minigame. Best to begin a petition to bring Pazaak to SWTOR ... That minigame at least would require some skill and give you a shot at earning some credits.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

kuttulu
11.18.2012 , 12:47 PM | #6
Up to today i haven't used synthweaving for producing the only 2 rakata pieces i can craft for others. Only crafted them for myself. Now.... you cant imagine my disappointed face when a guildie asks me to craft him 2 rakata pieces for him -- and I proceed as requested -- only to find myself greatly frustrated when i was about to trade them with him, for the two pieces were bounded.

Now... my instant feeling with this state of affairs was of a great deal of unfairness, for up to my knowledge, cyber-techs don't have their fancy advanced armorings bound to themselves. Can the designers of this game give me any reasonable argument for synthweavers not being able to trade their most valueable piece of gear? Or is it synthweaving a useless craft to trade real good gear? **** ... should have chosen Cybertech or Biochem or whatever!

wainot-keel
11.19.2012 , 08:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by kuttulu View Post
Now... my instant feeling with this state of affairs was of a great deal of unfairness, for up to my knowledge, cyber-techs don't have their fancy advanced armorings bound to themselves. Can the designers of this game give me any reasonable argument for synthweavers not being able to trade their most valueable piece of gear? Or is it synthweaving a useless craft to trade real good gear? **** ... should have chosen Cybertech or Biochem or whatever!
As for endgame crafting, both Armomech and Synthweaving are in the same boat. Kind of a sinking one, lol
You can only craft augments for endgame with those.
And yeah, Cybertech is the one truly King and Queen of crafting, for both leveling and endgame. They keep buffing it in every patch.

WardLorrail
11.19.2012 , 09:00 AM | #8
As a max level Synthweaver and Armormech I'd like to chime in.

While I don't think we have the best end game options right now, there are a few things we can still make:

Dalarian Belts and Bracers (126 BOE) patterns out of KP and EV SM.
Exo Belts and Bracers (136 BOE) patterns drop out of KP and EV HM.

I do wish all of the other energized and exotech gear that drops there was BOE because I have a ton of 126 and 136 recipes that would be sure sellers.

Augments and Augment kits are still solid sellers.
||||||(•)█Ξ██████████████████████████████████)

XmaceukX
11.20.2012 , 06:43 AM | #9
I too was disappointed when i could not trade them, I also don't like how each of the professions have schematics at the vendors but i have yet to find any for Armourmech other than the ones from the trainer.