Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your thoughts on how to make annihilation viable in RWZs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
Your thoughts on how to make annihilation viable in RWZs?

JediMasterSLC
11.17.2012 , 04:44 PM | #1
See the thread in the sentinel forums. This is just to get the attention of those of you who only check your class's forum but not your mirror class's
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

TheronFett
11.19.2012 , 01:49 PM | #2
Top 3 least viable PvP specs:

1) Arsenal Mercenary
2) Lethality Operative/Sniper
3) Annihilation Marauder

The reason is very simple, and everyone already knows the answer. Sustained damage, and especially DoT damage, are inferior to front-loaded burst damage. Annihilation is perfectly fine for the Marauder who likes to PUG and needs additional survivability or for anyone just running normal PvP. RWZ are all about focus fire and burning through targets quickly. The burst of Rage or Carnage are much more desirable, and Carnage also has roots and improved Predation that are more of a benefit to the team than small group heals.

Annihilation is fine as-is. It performs very well in all aspects of the game, except RWZ, and there's no need to tweak it.

elitegerike
11.19.2012 , 02:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post

1) Arsenal Mercenary
3) Annihilation Marauder

The reason is very simple, and everyone already knows the answer. Sustained damage, and especially DoT damage, are inferior to front-loaded burst damage. Annihilation is perfectly fine for the Marauder who likes to PUG and needs additional survivability or for anyone just running normal PvP. RWZ are all about focus fire and burning through targets quickly. The burst of Rage or Carnage are much more desirable, and Carnage also has roots and improved Predation that are more of a benefit to the team than small group heals.

Annihilation is fine as-is. It performs very well in all aspects of the game, except RWZ, and there's no need to tweak it.
this.

u can even close the topic

JediMasterSLC
11.20.2012 , 02:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post

1) Arsenal Mercenary
3) Annihilation Marauder

I agree with everything until the last paragraph. You think it's ok that a spec is unviable in competitive PvP? Saying "this is the pug skill tree and this is the RWZ skill tree" is pretty lame don't you think?
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

HaemmernZeit
11.20.2012 , 05:02 AM | #5
I think the only place an annihilation marauder is viable in rwzs is sitting on the off node. And I agree with what the fett said.

AngusFTW
11.20.2012 , 02:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
I agree with everything until the last paragraph. You think it's ok that a spec is unviable in competitive PvP? Saying "this is the pug skill tree and this is the RWZ skill tree" is pretty lame don't you think?
Food for thought, but the rage tree was buffed because people where complaining about its lack of pve dps and wanted to make the spec viable for single target dps so it wouldn't just be a "pvp tree" . Now look where that got us.. Anything they could do to give the "dot" tree more burst would make it OP...
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

RoninKetch
11.20.2012 , 02:40 PM | #7
Hmm well if I was to make suggestions would have to be one of the following:

Making our bleeds uncleansable (if there is such a word) ? at least our dps isn't rendered useless.
OR
Make our next Force Scream/Annihilate an auto crit if target is under the bleed effects of rupture?
OR
Increase the damage of our next Annihilate by 3% per bleed stack the target has?

While reading the OP what i was thinking was summed up pretty well by Fett and Bleez… in RWZ you need to kill stuff now… not once you have Berserk up so that your bleeds start to Auto Crit or once you have 3 stacks of Annihilate up so you can spam it.
And adding more burst to a DoT tree = OP

I commented about the Annihilation heals nerf last week and in one reply was the word “adapt” that pretty much summed it all up for me So… I respecced to Carnage and having a Blast with it!! Nerfs come and go it’s not the first one and won’t be the last one.
On a side note does anyone know the reason for why Watchman/Annihilation heals were nerffed? I personally thought the Tree was perfectly balanced.

JediMasterSLC
11.20.2012 , 03:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HaemmernZeit View Post
I think the only place an annihilation marauder is viable in rwzs is sitting on the off node. And I agree with what the fett said.
You need a stealth class on the off node, preferably a shadow tank, who can hold off multiple people for a long time while help comes. If you stick a watchman on your off node you're going to get opened up on by a scrapper scoundrel or shadow, and if they are good will they beat a watchman 1v1, especially with the recent nerf.

JediMasterSLC
11.20.2012 , 03:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Anything they could do to give the "dot" tree more burst would make it OP...
Not necessarily. That's what the thread in the sentinel forums is for discussing: ideas on how to make watchman viable in ranked without making it OP in non-ranked and PvE.

verfallen
11.21.2012 , 08:04 AM | #10
You cannot make every single tree a "best" pvp tree. So long has a class got a viable more pvp oriented possibility, we got something.

Altough with the self-heals nerf, forced to admit they lessened the 1vs1 PvP superiority the spec had.

Imo, some classes like the dps sorc needs loving first.