Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

KiranK
11.19.2012 , 09:47 PM | #961
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
1 minute is too short but if you make it 3-5 minutes AND!!! you allow mixed faction teams then most of the time this will solve the problem.

PLEASE REMEMBER PEOPLE swtor will not have cross server q's for awhile and I guarantee you they won't do a straight split q anytime soon without cross server. I'm not trying to be rude it is just the likelyhood of this is very low. Also, you will not get a huge following for this idea to make them want to in the first place.

The only logical course of action is to get behind a decent matchmaking system with mixed faction teams and push this hard. The mediocre premaders won't speak out too much against this idea since they don't really have any ground to stand on (besides admitting they want to pugstomp only). Also you will get the people that like to premade when they know they will fight other premades (like me) and the currently bored decent to good premaders.
Uhm, no. I will never support any system that is not split queue. To do so would be only furthering the sad, sorry, mediocrity that is the match making system we already have. I won't accept a wet band-aid on a lacerated artery. The devs have had too long and been given too much information and forewarning to be given any leeway what-so-ever when it comes to this kind of problem. Letting them give us another bad match making system is just an excuse for them to drag their heels when it comes to fixing other problems. Until we get split queues, I'll either be queued with 4 or not queued at all.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Nassik
11.19.2012 , 10:34 PM | #962
The unfair nature of PuG versus pre-made will easily drive players away from PvP. I got so frustrated with repeated stompings that I haven't PvPed in a week or so. I fired up my beloved bounty hunter and acquired HK-51, but after that I just couldn't bring myself to enter the queue. I've got an unfinished weekly and daily that I just can't be stuffed to finish. It's easy enough to lose your way through a daily (though frustrating beyond measure). But the weekly hasn't been doable.

Somehow, I kept running into Republic pre-mades on the Begeren Colony server and after attaining one victory in three days, I had enough and quit queueing.

Fair enough, it's the height of stupidity to try and PvP with an Arsenal merc. Throw a merc on a PuG team against a pre-made, though, and the chance for victory starts rolling in the negative percentages.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

Muramxx
11.20.2012 , 12:53 AM | #963
In the last 2 days I have recorded fighting against 5 guilds on my server that can field a full RWZ team but chose to enter the solo que instead and completely decimated the PUG side. If I wasnt running into the same 4-8 man premade teams on a constant baises then I wouldn't have as big of a complaint. It seems like almost every match I play is a rotation of stunfest or smash rotation from a bunch of people in the same guild.

enter match one: 8 man guild
enter match 2: 8 man guild, different from the first
enter match 3: 4 man premade
enter match 4: the first guild again
enter match 5: a new 8 man guild, different from the first 2
enter match 6: 4 man premade.
enter match 7: na I have taken enough pug stomping for the day just like the other people I played with so congrats on killing the que a little bit.

That was my night tonight I had 3 guilds pugstomping, that's just from the pubs side I have no idea how many guild are doing it from the Empire side as I didn't play any Empire groups. Then last night I had 2 other guilds doing the same thing, I was alternateing between them it seemed like til I quit. So I know it's not that the RWZ don't work, it's people would rather /easymode for comms, and turn around an say PUGers are trying to get the same thing so shame on them.

LenrocNewDawn
11.20.2012 , 01:24 AM | #964
Mixed teams, pubs+imps, are not going to happen and to be frank I hope it will never happen (except maybe for huttball). Yes it would make match-making easier but IMHO it will ruin the entire game/lore foundation of the game. This is not WoT and it does have RPG in it's genre name . Pre-mades shouldn't get their separate queue and they should get PuG reinforcements, but they shouldn't ever face an all PuG team . Worse case scenario, there is only one pre-made team queued per server, that team will never get in a match. Time to break and join the PuGing. 2 pre-mades queued ? Happy times, back to back WZs. 3? One get's benched until the other 2 finish a match and then gets pitted against the losing team. 4? Happy times again. 5? Rinse and repeat. And round and round the circle goes.
If you are the in the only pre-made queued on a fairly populate server, chances are that you are queuing at an odd hour, and you are looking for a ROFL stomping experience. Sorry but no cake for you . I know one guild that used to do that exact thing before the server merges.

Match making should also take in consideration player specialization (player should check spec at queue up) and ... valor , I know it's meh but at least shows that the player has experience if not skill (my case ). Too many PuG matches when one team, in a same faction match, get's all the healers.

Disclaimer: All above is opinion and founded on my experience. It is not the absolute truth or the gospel of god so take it with a grain of salt and feel free to point out the wrongs and maybe add some good ideas.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

DariusCalera
11.20.2012 , 01:45 AM | #965
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
In the last 2 days I have recorded fighting against 5 guilds on my server that can field a full RWZ team but chose to enter the solo que instead and completely decimated the PUG side. If I wasnt running into the same 4-8 man premade teams on a constant baises then I wouldn't have as big of a complaint. It seems like almost every match I play is a rotation of stunfest or smash rotation from a bunch of people in the same guild.

enter match one: 8 man guild
enter match 2: 8 man guild, different from the first
enter match 3: 4 man premade
enter match 4: the first guild again
enter match 5: a new 8 man guild, different from the first 2
enter match 6: 4 man premade.
enter match 7: na I have taken enough pug stomping for the day just like the other people I played with so congrats on killing the que a little bit.

That was my night tonight I had 3 guilds pugstomping, that's just from the pubs side I have no idea how many guild are doing it from the Empire side as I didn't play any Empire groups. Then last night I had 2 other guilds doing the same thing, I was alternateing between them it seemed like til I quit. So I know it's not that the RWZ don't work, it's people would rather /easymode for comms, and turn around an say PUGers are trying to get the same thing so shame on them.
Except, you can not queue an 8 man team for regular WZs. Two 4 man teams from the same guild can queue at once, but it is just as likely that they will end up with 4 PuGs instead of their other 4 man guild team.

If you did run into 8 members from the same guild, then it probably means that there were extremely few people queuing up to PvP.

HuaRya
11.20.2012 , 01:51 AM | #966
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Do you really think there is any chance in hell BW will do split q's without cross server? Take rift for example (which was cross server at the time) when they first did premade matching it was pretty much a split q and pops took forever and a bunch of people quit (a lot of my pvp guild).
It would actually be more fun for the majority of the gamers if there was a SOLO ONLY option. The best games I've played in where two teams composed of random players.

I'm actually one of the few non-guild types who has grown a disdain for familiar guilds that practice team pugstomping. I've been asked to join them but I never will after witnessing the ANTI-FUN practices they selfishly indulge in

Give people the choice to either choose an all SOLO Queue or Group and this thread will go away.

Muramxx
11.20.2012 , 02:09 AM | #967
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Except, you can not queue an 8 man team for regular WZs. Two 4 man teams from the same guild can queue at once, but it is just as likely that they will end up with 4 PuGs instead of their other 4 man guild team.

If you did run into 8 members from the same guild, then it probably means that there were extremely few people queuing up to PvP.
it's not hard to do they just Que up at the same time, as said several times in this thread. Let's say your in a guild you got 8 guys ready to go, you make your 2 groups and que at the same time. The odds are relatively high that they will be tossed on the same team because it's faster. The "random match making" that the game has isn't very random it grabs what is the fastest and easiest in the order it was qued. It's faster to grab two 4 man groups and toss some extra's on the other side then to split the two 4 man teams into two seperate games and then wait to find even more people.

DarthSabreth
11.20.2012 , 02:10 AM | #968
pre mades should be limited to only rateds, tho ill support being able to que with a friend as a group of two. the very fact that not one BW dev has posted their thoughts either way is disturbing to say the least. the problem at the moment is that there is no cross server pvp ques, at the moment the rated ques are abysmal and thats putting it kindly, if we had cross server pvp ques it would be doable.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

gofortheko
11.20.2012 , 02:25 AM | #969
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
pre mades should be limited to only rateds, tho ill support being able to que with a friend as a group of two. the very fact that not one BW dev has posted their thoughts either way is disturbing to say the least. the problem at the moment is that there is no cross server pvp ques, at the moment the rated ques are abysmal and thats putting it kindly, if we had cross server pvp ques it would be doable.
This, this, and this. If youre pro, grab your friends and hit the rated scene, otherwise que solo.
Weapon-of War
Juggernaut:Sentinel:Operative:Sage:Commando:Shadow :Guardian
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

Stncold
11.20.2012 , 02:25 AM | #970
There are several Imp premades running almost constantly on P5. These days if you queue as Repub it seems like 80% of the time you'll get matched up against a premade and it's turning people off of even bothering to queue.

At the very least, prioritize premades against other premades, it will be funner for both sides. When I'm in a premade I know I don't like stomping pugs, it's boring and I'd rather go against another premade.
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman