Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

kabeone
11.18.2012 , 02:10 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Kirya and Rixik: Uncharted Territory

Prompt: Food.

Title: Ronto Knobs.

@ Kabeone: Ooo, interesting development. Word of advice to Coremi: you and Watcher X probably do not have the same kind of exchange in mind when you promised ‘body’. This does not bode well.
For some reason I didn't read the title before I read the story so it came as a complete shock what Corso was eating. Hahaha.

Also, they do both mean the same thing. She knows what he is, but you're right, it's not what it sounded like.

LogicLoup
11.18.2012 , 02:29 PM | #322
Somehow, Corso being all nostalgic for prairie oysters does not surprise me in the slightest. If anything, it cements my belief that Ord Mantell was settled by Albertans.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

kabeone
11.18.2012 , 04:58 PM | #323
Remi AU: Knightless - Seven Virtues
Spoilers for End of IA Chapter 1, Beginning of IA Chapter 2, Kaliyo companion quests, and JK Taris
Takes place just after the last one.

Justice
Spoiler

Notes IA Chapter 1 Spoilers:
Spoiler

Adwynyth
11.19.2012 , 01:59 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@iamthehoyden Ukaita <3 My new JK is also wielding the purple-pinkness and she has one for Scourge too... he will not be amused.
Uh oh...mind...working. Can't...stop...train...of thought! *starts typing manically*
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Striges
11.19.2012 , 07:13 PM | #325
Corso's a rancher at heart; witness one of his letters to you if you marry him. It seemed like something he'd be familiar with, as well as unable to get offworld.

@ Kabeone: I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I love what you've done with the Universe without the Jedi Knight Hero. All the things that didn't happen, other things that did instead. Watcher One! Woo!

bright_ephemera
11.19.2012 , 10:28 PM | #326
Driveby, will read things later.

Faith, Hope, and . Another 3.5k words of Wynston/Ruth fluff. Just another splinter, this one carried over from Wynston's little Kaliyo explosion in the SFC thread…what if he hadn't done a cautious series-of-holocalls thing in dealing with a suddenly-upset Ruth? What if work had delayed a little in calling, he had changed his mind sometime in the night, and he had just gone to find her? Extensive Agent and Warrior spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
11.19.2012 , 10:55 PM | #327
<3 Wynston. I have no idea why I love him as much as I do, but yeah, totally <3 Wynston.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
11.19.2012 , 11:03 PM | #328
I feel like like I'm just spinning my wheels with Wynston at this point, but it feels reasonably pleasant to do so, so hey, may as well. He would agree with me.

@Striges, I love the look into Kirya's perspective. Especially the implied disconnect between what Rixik may have intended to impress her with and what she read into the holorecordings. Also? Trust Corso to take advantage of the animal husbandry that Alderaan really does seem suited for.

@kabeone Watcher One. And Watcher Two getting to be as hard as she can be. And SCORPIO's disdainful observation right before she blows up. And I hadn't realized, before you started Knightless, how a Balmorran resistance fighter would view anyone identified as associated with Grey Star's fate.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
11.19.2012 , 11:15 PM | #329
@bright_ephemera It took me a while and reading all the fanfic to see Kaliyo/Quinn as being a very similar situation. You show it beautifully here. I <3 Wynston/Ruth.

kabeone
11.20.2012 , 03:14 AM | #330
Double post :]
Remi AU: Knightless - Deadly Sins & Seven Virtues
Sith Warrior/JK Chapter 3 Spoilers

Greed
Spoiler

Faith
Spoiler