Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dejavy
11.19.2012 , 10:18 PM | #311
TOR reminds me star wars movie more and more. Raid of glowstickers oneshoting different types of troopers on the way to an objective, as if they are killing flies.

ctfred
11.19.2012 , 11:12 PM | #312
Wonder what if they made our cast's mobile? Casting grav round while its casting, you will be able to move during the whole cast. not sure if we will be slowed during the duration or not.

dejavy
11.19.2012 , 11:19 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by ctfred View Post
Wonder what if they made our cast's mobile? Casting grav round while its casting, you will be able to move during the whole cast. not sure if we will be slowed during the duration or not.
Have already discussed it. It won't work coz they still remain interruptable.
So, we stopped at:
1. Commandos need RANGE root. (concusive charge would be also nice (gs/sniper analogue)
2. Instant casts of charged bolt/grav round
3. RS upgrade (immunity to CC/snare for some seconds)

I believe commandos/mercs have future. We don't need NEW abilities but some additional utility to what we already have.

Nassik
11.20.2012 , 12:24 AM | #314
Well, the proposed jetpack ability would be nice.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

Jarfunkz
11.20.2012 , 03:44 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Dear Developers, you do realize that mercs and commandos are a DPS class correct? How does upping our survivability help with DPS? Also, I would imagine any class would have issues surviving when multiple targets attack them. This thought process is the real reason why you guys are failing to make the needed changed this game needs for pvp. I can't wait to see the next warrior buff.
spending less time in the cloner, you are in the fight more= more damage= more dps.
VicVega

Jarfunkz
11.20.2012 , 03:45 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by dejavy View Post
Have already discussed it. It won't work coz they still remain interruptable.
So, we stopped at:
1. Commandos need RANGE root. (concusive charge would be also nice (gs/sniper analogue)
2. Instant casts of charged bolt/grav round
3. RS upgrade (immunity to CC/snare for some seconds)

I believe commandos/mercs have future. We don't need NEW abilities but some additional utility to what we already have.
or maybe you should just stop playing poorly.
VicVega

yoomazir
11.20.2012 , 04:38 AM | #317
I think survivability is needed somehow, I just don't see how BW is going to implement it in our class.

Individual
11.20.2012 , 06:52 AM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
I think survivability is needed somehow, I just don't see how BW is going to implement it in our class.
How does survivability help you win a fight? If they upped both the dps and the survivability, then we would have something going for us. As it is right now though, we're just fodder on the field. Just upping the survivability means were longer fodder on the field. They need to do something with the DPS. One of the biggiest problems with Mercs is one of the DPS tress is worthless due to interupts.

klham
11.20.2012 , 07:24 AM | #319
Commando needs: escape mechanic, movement buff, proc'd interrupt immunity.

Nice to have additions: situational immunity to leaps, greater group utility, a decent buff to reactive shield, and some channeled/casted abilities usable while in motion.

Even with interrupt immunity the commando will still be challenged to get damage out when faced with good melee. The combination of stuns and KBs and mez's that melee dish out is often sufficient the reduce a commando's damage output to negligible levels.

Overall damage output is otherwise fine, although it tends to be sustained damage with no front-end burst (Gunnery burst is back-loaded), so if the TTK is short due to all if the above then you'll never get much damage out. Fix the other problems and the damage issue will resolve itself.

cashogy
11.20.2012 , 11:22 AM | #320
mec/commando dps is not broken. its fine.

you let a merc free-cast for the entire warzone, and they will put up stupidly high numbers.

the problem is we have no way to maintain that DPS output when we are pressured by as little as even one person. with all the ways to be interrupted, instant cast tracer missile/grav round and charged bolts/power shot would be a very smart fix. it would allow us to fight back against melee opponents much more effectively than we can now, and would also prevent a couple of interrupts from locking us down from using our set-up attacks.

as far as survivability goes, the only real change i think should be made is to return power barrier/charged barried to granting 2% damage reduction per stack (aka undo the unnecessary nerf we got back in 1.2).

you have to remember that bioware, if they do anything at all, is going to likely go with the least path of resistance. meaning they are going to be unlikely to add in new abilities, which is a multi-departmental task.