Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm a current subscriber yet my account when I log in acts like I am not...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
I'm a current subscriber yet my account when I log in acts like I am not...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sendai_S
11.19.2012 , 10:50 PM | #1
Just like the title is saying. I resubbed about 4 days ago. So I know my subscription isn't out/finished because my CC isn't chargeable or anything like that. I'm a current subscriber in a paid month.

That said, I just logged in 3 times in a row to play and my character that I'm playing, a lvl 39 Bounty Hunter, is acting like it's free 2 play. A new button is on the character sheet saying to "subscribe now" and I can't hide my helmet and unify my colors now. And all my quickbars have vanished.

Logged out. Logged in. Multiple times and still same result.

This is more garbage from what I remember coming to expect. ( I won't even go into how cheap it is anyway to remove basic gameplay functions from the UI and expect people to buy them... that's wrong on a whole other level...)
---
Griefing doesn't make you cool. It doesn't make you better player. All it does is tell the rest of the world that you are not someone worth knowing.

KyoyaBlossom
11.19.2012 , 10:55 PM | #2
Hi i encountered similiar bug so be prepared to call the Customer Service cuz i buyed my sub 2 days ago and button near of Add a Subsription was greyed out and i think its similiar problem you need to call the service

Bronholz
11.19.2012 , 10:58 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Sendai_S,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Is this only happening on one character or across your whole account?

I'd also like you to try logging into the character again quickly just to check this is still concurrent.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Sendai_S
11.20.2012 , 12:13 AM | #4
It took another two login tries to get my subscriber status back in-game.

However this brings up a HOST of issues.
  • My quickbars went away and when they did get back - I had to spend 30 minutes reslotting all my abilities. Not exactly what I want to do when I play a game.
  • My vehicle skill downgrades. And when subscriber status comes back I have to pay to train my vehicle skill back up again. This is also b******t.
  • My STAP deleted itself from my abilities tab. Luckily it came back when I got my subscriber status back in the mail. But still. I am pretty sure deleting my vehicle is not cool.

My biggest complaint about this is the UI features. The quickbars are a basic UI function - a necessity to play your game and yet you are charging free players for them. It's a very poor and sad move. It engenders a distrust and basic wariness of the quality of the game that feels the need to nickel dime people for essential gameplay USER interface elements. Imho you should have left the 4 quickbars and added 2 for subscribers but removing them? A horrible move. And obviously causing a problem for me and other subscribers when they DISAPPEAR and force us to reslot all our abilities when we manage to get them back.
---
Griefing doesn't make you cool. It doesn't make you better player. All it does is tell the rest of the world that you are not someone worth knowing.

Sendai_S
11.20.2012 , 12:30 AM | #5
Oh and I didn't try the other characters - to be honest I'm scared to - I'm afraid I will have to reslot all my abilities all over again and on most of my characters that would take a long time.
---

seraphimu
11.20.2012 , 12:50 AM | #6
This is my current issue as well. No matter how many times I login, on whichever character, it still says I'm a preferred status. But I was charged for the sub and the days are ticking. -_-

FINNT
11.20.2012 , 04:39 AM | #7
I will report this in-game also.

Had this just moments ago. I logged in after small break and it shows on current toon that I'm either preferred or f2p player -> quickbars gone (speeder rank 2 not) -> title not allowed = plain character name -> character screen urges to subscribe and so on.

Logged out (weird, my ship wasn't safe zone anymore btw) -> repair (launcher)-> logging in -> subscriber but had to fill quickbars again -> seems that it is OK now (one other toon tested too -> ok).

Credit card expires next year (march), I have active subscription and next payment is six days from now -> So not paying isn't obviously problem.

Very annoying and troubling bug!

EDIT: Ticket made (Bug Report - NRO:6875184). I know this means I won't get response (bug report). I just want this bug to be fixed. Refilling quickbars ain't so fun. Hopefully this won't happen again.
:laser:

FINNT
11.20.2012 , 06:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FINNT View Post
Logged out (weird, my ship wasn't safe zone anymore btw) -> repair (launcher)-> logging in -> subscriber but had to fill quickbars again -> seems that it is OK now (one other toon tested too -> ok).
This more clearly. And yep, rested xp is of course gone.
:laser:

Sendai_S
11.21.2012 , 12:11 AM | #9
Oh yeah, rested XP being deleted/gone definitely is also not cool.
---

Lord_of_Mu
11.21.2012 , 01:02 AM | #10
I've also had this issue today. I thought it might have been a bug caused by tabbing out during the start up process for the game, however I was unable to cause the issue to reoccur.