Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cunning or Aim?

LifeScourge
11.19.2012 , 09:10 PM | #1
I was just looking at my Power Tech BH (DPS skill focus), I ask myself, "Should I redo my gear with the focus going towards cunning rather than aim?"

What do the knowledgeables of SWTOR say?
If you can't be a good example, BE A HORRIBLE EXCUSE!!!

"The only law in this galaxy is what a man makes for himself"
BH Powertech lvl 50

hunterraaze
11.19.2012 , 09:14 PM | #2
Aim. It's the BH's attribute.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia

Henu
11.19.2012 , 09:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by hunterraaze View Post
Aim. It's the BH's attribute.
yeah Cunning is for agents/smugglers. you want Aim unless your BH tank spec, then you dont have to worry how much aim you stack.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

LifeScourge
11.19.2012 , 09:27 PM | #4
Ok, so even if I use mostly tech weapons like Flame Burst or Gut, aim is still better than cunning?

BH Powertech lvl 50

Eternalnight
11.19.2012 , 10:33 PM | #5
Is it really that hard to open your character sheet and move your mouse over your stats and READ THE TOOLTIPS?

Aim will give you: ranged bonus damage, ranged critical chance, tech bonus damage, tech critical chance

Cunning will give you: tech bonus damage, tech critical chance

So why would you ever want to replace a stat which increases BOTH ranged and tech damage with a stat that affects only tech damage?

For the billionth time, FOR EVERY CLASS THEIR OWN PRIMARY STAT WILL BOOST ALL OF THEIR ABILITIES, while one of the other classes primary stats will boost only one type of ability and the rest do nothing.

And one more time:
Press C to open your character sheet and move your mouse over each of the stats listed and READ THE TOOLTIPS!!!

(note those concerning primary stats will be different for each class)

LifeScourge
11.20.2012 , 07:32 AM | #6
Well THANK YOU SASSY PANTS!!! Jeez, ask a simple question and get a annoying response. Maybe I don't spend BILLIONS of hours playing the game and just had a simple question and didn't want to do something as stupid as creating a ticket in the help center.

BH Powertech lvl 50

BlznSmri
11.20.2012 , 08:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LifeScourge View Post
Maybe I don't spend BILLIONS of hours playing the game...
That is easily the dumbest excuse for not checking your own tool tips.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

RendValor
11.20.2012 , 08:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LifeScourge View Post
Well THANK YOU SASSY PANTS!!! Jeez, ask a simple question and get a annoying response. Maybe I don't spend BILLIONS of hours playing the game and just had a simple question and didn't want to do something as stupid as creating a ticket in the help center.
To be fair, you got two perfectly valid responses before you started questioning the people you were asking for help. Nothing more annoying than someone who asks a question and doesn't accept the answer, IMO
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Slaybred
11.20.2012 , 08:05 AM | #9
Oy vey...

Smuglebunny
11.20.2012 , 08:32 AM | #10
Lol sassy pants. best comeback ever. Love it. Hey guys should I stack alacrity and willpower on my Marauder? Nah im just kiddin...