Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

May the Forced Name Change be with you!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
May the Forced Name Change be with you!

mentalmackem
11.19.2012 , 07:56 PM | #11
Then my appauligies, i did also lose some names no idea how they decided who kept what seen as the names i lost where from the first wave of invite on the first day of early access

Wakwazu
11.19.2012 , 08:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Then my appauligies, i did also lose some names no idea how they decided who kept what seen as the names i lost where from the first wave of invite on the first day of early access
No worries. I do agree with you though. Depending on what system they used to determine who got to keep their names I would hope that they prioritize subscribers over people who aren't playing.

At this point I am more disappointed that I have had no responses what so ever from Customer Support than I am about the name. I hope it's not this difficult for people on even more pressing issues.

I wish I kept what I submitted with the in-game tickets. I had fun with those too :P

mentalmackem
11.19.2012 , 08:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
No worries. I do agree with you though. Depending on what system they used to determine who got to keep their names I would hope that they prioritize subscribers over people who aren't playing.

At this point I am more disappointed that I have had no responses what so ever from Customer Support than I am about the name. I hope it's not this difficult for people on even more pressing issues.

I wish I kept what I submitted with the in-game tickets. I had fun with those too :P
I think they have under estimated F2P lots of people lots of tickets and they appear to have brought in little to no extra CS staff, hence the back logs

Elear
11.20.2012 , 04:53 AM | #14
My ticket doesn't even populate in my ticket history in the customer support Window.
I think there might be some bug that makes it impossible to submit ticket. There used to be an issue where ticket would disappear once escalated, but if they are invisible instantly after creating them, it must be something else.

How did they chose who got to keep their character names when there was duplicates?
BW never gave us full description how exactly each thing affected this, but among other variables there were: how much given character is played, if player is subscribed, id character had his name changed in previous transfer. Possibly more, but you would hvae to look for older dev posts from that time to find their answers.

desmozges
11.20.2012 , 05:46 AM | #15
All of the characters on my account that I transferred from 'The Jek Jek Tarr' to 'The Harbinger' were supposed to be safe from this catastrophe, but they apparently were not. My Jedi Knight, "Durai", is in an unplayable state, comatose if you will, because the server is telling me that I must change his name.
WakaWaka that doesn't mean anything. If I'm not mistaken, think that i read it on one of the BW posts, player with Higher LVL will keep name. If your light bulb Durai wasn't lvl 50 then probably other player has char with that name with higher lvl. Only in case if you are same lvl, you would be able to keep the name.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Luceon
11.20.2012 , 06:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Packetdancer View Post
They tried to convince those of us on 'origin' servers to transfer willingly to 'destination' servers ahead of the merge, though, which strongly implied those servers were the ones sticking around. Otherwise, why bother trying to encourage folks to move to one of the destination servers of their own free will ahead of the crunch?
I was around then and I remember well that I expected merging of servers (even when BW was going with transfer they had their CS reps on the forums tell people there is no merging) with the free transfers. If memory serves when it came to the consolidation of servers they used a few different variables but it usually had to do with time. How long the character existed, how much time it has been played, etc.
Maybe I don't want a signature....