Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Korithras
11.19.2012 , 07:47 PM | #101
1 - Ebon Hawk
2 - All of them
3 - If I'm lucky, about six hours. But typically, I'll get 2 hours of gameplay in before it crashes to desktop.
4 - There is no trigger persae, I can be doing anything. Entering a flashpoint, entering a planet, entering a phase instance, entering a room, picking a fight with enemy mobs, setting up auctions on the galactic market, ordering my crew to perform crew skill tasks, taking a stroll down the street of Kaas City. There is no apparent trigger.
5 -
Spoiler

6 - I followed your instructions for Windows Vista, it did not yield any sort of results.

7 - This is indeed a crash to desktop. The game client closes, I have to sign back in using my password and authenticator and then wait for the game to log me back into the character select screen.

InnerPieces
11.19.2012 , 08:19 PM | #102
1. The Ebon Hawk
2. I do not post character names publicly. Look at my account and pick one. It's happened on them all.
3. I crash to desktop every 2-3 hours. Sometimes more often. Never less often.
4. I do know this never happened before 1.5 was released. There is no specific trigger that I can detect. It happens when I'm loading a new area, when I am moving through an area, and even when I open my inventory (the latter just happened). It appears to be due to a memory leak. It's as if the client software is just cramming my RAM with an excess of information over time until the computer finally gets sick of it and dumps the game.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. This is, indeed, a crash to desktop. Any action on the screen stops. The next second the screen goes black. The next second or two and my desktop appears.

I hope you can work this out. Thanks.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

RWScissors
11.19.2012 , 10:44 PM | #103
Server: Begeren Colony
Character: Darra-yves
Fwequency: about 6 or 8 time, same spot.
Trigger: In The Black Talon the console at the end of the FP either to go on to Dromund Kass or return to fleet. Jump to light speed and crash to desktop.

Spoiler

Spoiler
'Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.'
Mark Twain

Greg_McCarthy
11.20.2012 , 03:42 AM | #104
1) The Red Eclipse
2) Vi'idu
3) 3 times on the same place
4) In The Esseles, last diallog, no matter skip it or not, jump to light speed cause crash to desktop.
5)
Spoiler

6)
Spoiler

Malefik
11.20.2012 , 07:33 AM | #105
Prophecy of the Five
All toons
1-2 hrs
I watch the ram meter on my G-13 fill up. The game uses way more ram then it used to. I've played since early beta and never had this happen. No report just the send to microsoft thing. I can load right back up. Ability lag has back again with 1.5. Ram use went up on the 1.4 patch and even more with 1.5. I'm runnung xp 32bit so it sees the max ram I can have. Never had any issues before 1.4.
There should be a flush command in this game... or is there a /flushgraphicsfullreset I don't know about??
BLESSED DARKNESS
~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~
~~x~~x~~> May the Dark Light shine! <~~x~~x~~

Serving the Dark Side since 1999

SFaulkner
11.20.2012 , 10:25 AM | #106
I've confirmed that, at the very least, my installation of SWTOR has a memory leak. After I had crashed again last night, I put my Task manager on my second screen to watch what was going on. Game starts with using around 1.2 GB or ram, and after about an hour of game play, SWTOR was using 2GB. 800 MB in about an hour. Now, I only have 4GB of ram, so it disappears rather quick. I get maybe a couple hours at most before the game crashed on me. As I'm at work right now, but when I get home, I'll edit this post to add all the information your requesting. I just figured I could at the very least point out the memory leak that I'm having. I know it doesn't do a lot of good without my system specs though.

zorprimus
11.20.2012 , 11:42 AM | #107
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected.: Ichimaru, Narmu, Aiizen, Visk, Riber
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? One every hour or two.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Anything at this point triggers, lost track of examples. Lets go with all of the above.
DXDiag:
Spoiler

Couldn't find the event on my list this time...
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

zorprimus
11.20.2012 , 02:57 PM | #108
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Anything at this point triggers, lost track of examples. Lets go with all of the above.
DXDiag:
Spoiler
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner

Miltiades
11.20.2012 , 04:55 PM | #109
Name of server: The Harbinger
Name of character(s) affected: Darec, Sul'a, Nural (the only ones I have played for more than 1 hour straight since 1.4)
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Very often, I'd say about every 2 hours, 2.5 tops.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Most of the time, I seem to be in very crowded areas when it happens, but it seems to be random.
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags

Spoiler

Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select. It's a CTD alright. Oh, and it may also be worth noting this particular issue is happening on two different desktop PC's. Both have a similar setup, with one having an AMD and the other an nVidia graphics card.

zorprimus
11.20.2012 , 06:05 PM | #110
DXDiag:
Spoiler

Log:
Spoiler
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner