Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

Wallner
11.19.2012 , 06:16 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
She could really only perceive shatterpoints, and along with the Dark energies of the Trayus Core, she was able to perceive ripples in time. I say ripples because it fits with shatterpoint's ability to see the fractures in people, objects, etc.

Mace Windu could manipulate these shatterpoints and apply the Force to them to destroy them.
Sure but I still don't think that ability would give him the win that easily. Hehe I have a sense that arguing fictional scenarios can't be settled.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

Xatasha
11.19.2012 , 06:16 PM | #142
She could really only perceive shatterpoints, and along with the Dark energies of the Trayus Core, she was able to perceive ripples in time. I say ripples because it fits with shatterpoint's ability to see the fractures in people, objects, etc.

Mace Windu could manipulate these shatterpoints and apply the Force to them to destroy them.
I think you are putting a bit to much power into shatterpoints. Mace may be able to see them but may not be able to use them since they change quickly. It is also unknown what types of shatterpoints he would see or how they would effect the battle. Example with your Raven vs Mace. What if the shatterpoint show how to defeat Revan but also cause a war or some other effect that Mace didn't want to happen.

Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 06:17 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
Oh I think he would be fine too, I know Windu is a bit of a bad mamachama. And that it's pretty much fact that he would win almost all the time, I'm just trying to say no one can win every time.

Hehe, Windu with a bad hair day. I chortled.
No one wins all of the time. Even Yoda lost, it just took the most powerful Sith to beat him. Even Mace Windu has his equals. Yoda could beat him in a duel. In a sparring match, he is equal to Qui-Gon Jinn and Count Dooku. This is subjective of course, as he bested Dooku in combat during the Clone Wars. When he gets serious (well, more serious ), he's pretty much going to win. There are very few Jedi or Sith that could beat him in a duel.

Heh, it's funny because he's bald
Added Chapter 49 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 06:19 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
I think you are putting a bit to much power into shatterpoints. Mace may be able to see them but may not be able to use them since they change quickly. It is also unknown what types of shatterpoints he would see or how they would effect the battle. Example with your Raven vs Mace. What if the shatterpoint show how to defeat Revan but also cause a war or some other effect that Mace didn't want to happen.
He used it to beat Sidious. Shatterpoint played a pivotal role, in conjunction with Vaapad, to beat Sidious.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Xatasha
11.19.2012 , 06:23 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
But Revan was a general.. he wasn't sitting in some office on corucant he had his on ship going into real battles telling his people what to do.
So? Generals are often near the front lines however this doesn't mean generals are tactical geniuses. Again you can be a lackluster tactician as long as you know who is the tactical geniuses are and use them. Example would be Raven using the exile

Xatasha
11.19.2012 , 06:25 PM | #146
He used it to beat Sidious. Shatterpoint played a pivotal role, in conjunction with Vaapad, to beat Sidious.
Umm he didn't beat Sidious and his shatterpoint didn't show him the betrayal now did it. If it had shown him the outcome where he got his hand cut off and blasted out the window he might of changed tactics.

Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 06:26 PM | #147
So? Generals are often near the front lines however this doesn't mean generals are tactical geniuses. Again you can be a lackluster tactician as long as you know who is the tactical geniuses are and use them. Example would be Raven using the exile
I think what we can say for Revan is that he knew how to use what he had. He had some of the smartest people at his command and directed them very well.

Preventer-Blaze
11.19.2012 , 06:26 PM | #148
Umm he didn't beat Sidious and his shatterpoint didn't show him the betrayal now did it. If it had shown him the outcome where he got his hand cut off and blasted out the window he might of changed tactics.
He see it.. but was too late.. he was focusing in Sidious, in the end, he see it on Anakin..

Preventer-Blaze
11.19.2012 , 06:29 PM | #149
No one wins all of the time. Even Yoda lost, it just took the most powerful Sith to beat him. Even Mace Windu has his equals. Yoda could beat him in a duel. In a sparring match, he is equal to Qui-Gon Jinn and Count Dooku. This is subjective of course, as he bested Dooku in combat during the Clone Wars. When he gets serious (well, more serious ), he's pretty much going to win. There are very few Jedi or Sith that could beat him in a duel.

Heh, it's funny because he's bald
Seriously, I never know when Mace Windu is serious. How is he? I have a bad feeling about this..

Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 06:29 PM | #150
George Lucas disagrees with you. Mace Windu won the Lightsaber duel, shatterpoint was key to it. He saw the weaknesses in Sidious' defenses and applied his attack to break them. He also saw Sidious' trust for Anakin, which is one of the reasons he wanted to defeat Sidious quickly.

Mace Windu applied shatterpoint to beat Sidious. He didn't care what effect it had, so long as the Sith were vanquished.