Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nightblazer
11.19.2012 , 12:34 AM | #91
1. The Harbinger
2. Somnion
3. Randomly when starting convos with npcs' or going through load screens
4. Attempted to do conversation with bartender in Balmorra in mission "The Leak". When I started speaking to him, during the loading of the convo it crashed to desktop

DXDiag

Spoiler

Reliability Report
Spoiler

GrizzlyUK
11.19.2012 , 04:17 AM | #92
Name of server: The Red Eclipse
Name of character(s) affected: All, most recently: Lykara and Kylessa
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?: Completely random, the longest I've been able to play is about 40 minutes while the shortest was a CTD during login, before the Character Section Screen appeared!
Additional information about crash triggers, etc: looting corpses and containers; speaking to quest givers; speaking to vendors; using Quick Travel; even just moving!

My DXDiag exceeds the 50,000 character post limit on it's own, so I cannot include it, therefoe I am splitting my DXDiag into 2 seperate posts, hopefully following this post!

My reliability report:
Spoiler

This was a Crash to Desktop, I was playing the game when the sound stuttered briefly, the game froze for about 3 seconds and then I was looking at my desktop and the game had closed. No error messages appeared.

Additionally, in the last 5 hours I've experienced approximately 15 CtD's, 3 BSOD's and 2 complete game/system lockup's that required a hard reboot to recover! This is pretty much standard since the release of the 1.5 patch, the game has not been this bad for me since the first couple of months after release almost a year ago.

EDIT: Since posting this I've had several more CTD's (and 2 BSOD's) while playing. I'd guess that I'm getting an average play time of around 15-20 minutes.
CE VIP - Pre-ordered: 21st July 2011, Pre-Order Code registered: 01st August 2011 due to retailer error
CE registered: 17th December 2011, Subscribing since 21st January 2012

GrizzlyUK
11.19.2012 , 04:23 AM | #93
Here's my DXDiag, part 1:
Spoiler
CE VIP - Pre-ordered: 21st July 2011, Pre-Order Code registered: 01st August 2011 due to retailer error

GrizzlyUK
11.19.2012 , 04:24 AM | #94
Part 2 of my DXDiag:
Spoiler

Bratistuta
11.19.2012 , 05:15 AM | #95
1. Red Eclipse
2. Crix'us, Rik'ko, Char'lize
3. Crashing 1-2 hours into play but sometimes quicker, usually happens (last 3 times) when i am playing a group mission/heroic with other players but I am unsure whether this is the trigger as it happens when i am simply running.

psikofunkster
11.19.2012 , 12:26 PM | #96
Bioware are you gonna ever resolve this instead of wasting my time with your cartel coins?

Sadron
11.19.2012 , 01:07 PM | #97
1. The Progenitor
2. Sadron (Empire)
3. After finishing Black Talon Flaspoint, on exit.
4. DXDIAG

Spoiler

Otherwise been working fine.
Sadron Explorer | The Seeker

KostonxEld
11.19.2012 , 04:59 PM | #98
This problem continues to happen on all of my characters after Patch 1.4 came out. Before that patch my game ran flawlessly since launch and beta.
After being on for a few hours or loading multiple characters or planets, my game crashes to desktop.

Name. Koston, Bongari, Arthar
Server. Harbinger

The problem is completely repeatable and persistant, every day since 1.4 came out.

Spoiler
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

eddythewerewolf
11.19.2012 , 05:11 PM | #99
hello there

Jedi Covenant
Characters-All
And as far as the frequency it's all the time it seems can be as random as just going into dialogue or just equipping something but mostly seems to happen loading in or out of areas or planets...also seems to happen an hour or two on the nose.

Spoiler
Peace is a lie, there's only passion.

ThorMartell
11.19.2012 , 05:41 PM | #100
1. The Shadlowlands
2. All Characters
3. Anywhere between 20 minutes and 2 hours of play time
4. Varies, but mainly when switching locations.

5. DXDiag
Spoiler

6. Reliability Report
Spoiler

7. Crash to desktop or screen freeze with the "Your application has stopped working" jive.