Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What was Stark's purpose? *Class Story Spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What was Stark's purpose? *Class Story Spoilers*

OldVengeance
11.14.2012 , 07:39 PM | #1
So I get that Stark didn't seem to be privy to his master's agenda but he evidently was instructed to gain intel for the First Son. But why? The Barsen'thor was already reporting directly to him, he could have learned everything he wanted without such a drastic violent and risky step of kidnapping on his enemies entourage. All that seemed to do was create one more enemy by having Nadia train as a Jedi because of what happened. Was he just doing it for random cruelty? That's awfully risky behavior for no real gain. You'd think there would be better ways for him to get his "evil actions" fix.

Kytrixia
11.14.2012 , 09:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
So I get that Stark didn't seem to be privy to his master's agenda but he evidently was instructed to gain intel for the First Son. But why? The Barsen'thor was already reporting directly to him, he could have learned everything he wanted without such a drastic violent and risky step of kidnapping on his enemies entourage. All that seemed to do was create one more enemy by having Nadia train as a Jedi because of what happened. Was he just doing it for random cruelty? That's awfully risky behavior for no real gain. You'd think there would be better ways for him to get his "evil actions" fix.
Well bear in mind that Syo wasn't consciously aware of who he really was or what he was doing - so it's possible that split personalities don't always "eavesdrop" on one another. Also, as with several before and after him, Stark's ultimate purpose was to kill the Barsen'thor. Granted that didn't go so well, but the business with Nadia becoming a Jedi because of that is comparable to the Empire's attack on Quesh. Best laid plans of mice and Sith, I suppose.

OldVengeance
11.19.2012 , 05:26 PM | #3
I got the impression that at first the First Son was aware of Syo's perspectiveand not vice versa. Stark seemed to hope he had escaped detection altogether when he kidnapped Senator Grell, given the comment he made about his advanced engines. When he was confronted by the Barsen'thor, he seemed to think up with the idea of killing him or her to regain his name almost as an afterthought to escaping from his current situation.