Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boba Fett

thealphaa
11.19.2012 , 01:46 PM | #1
I'm just wondering what are peoples views on Boba Fett? Personally I think he is cool and I dressed up as him for halloween.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

ToEasy
11.19.2012 , 01:54 PM | #2
I think he is cool, and he is one of my favorite bounty hunters.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Beniboybling
11.19.2012 , 02:07 PM | #3
He he he, I have a video that will change your mind.

Click here if you dare.

Tomb-Stone
11.19.2012 , 02:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

Click here if you dare.
That was funny!
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Wolfninjajedi
11.19.2012 , 02:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

Click here if you dare.
Tbh though thinking on it, there was a loophole in the job description.

"There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennium Falcon. You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegrations."

Doesn't really say anything about capture.

Anyway as to my thoughts on Boba? Hes overrated, he barely had any lines and for the most part stood around doing nothing up until his fight scene which he did poorly at.

Then in the EU, people are suppose to expect that he can fight Vader when he couldn't even take on Luke who was only just becoming a Jedi Knight?...Right, am surprised that fight isn't N-canon which it should be because its complete PIS/WIS/CIS.

So you like him? Fine, just don't put him on a pedestal where he doesn't belong.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jtjohnson
11.19.2012 , 03:22 PM | #6
He might not have done much in the movies but he sure looked cool not doing it.

thealphaa
11.19.2012 , 03:28 PM | #7
I'm not just looking at the movies, I'm looking at the Comics too. Not sure why everyone thinks Darth Vader is better... Boba Fett won in battle against him and fled without a hair on his head being harmed. Boba Fett had a chance to kill Darth Vader but choose not to because he knew that Darth Vader would need him again sometime in the future.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

jarjarloves
11.19.2012 , 04:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by thealphaa View Post
I'm not just looking at the movies, I'm looking at the Comics too. Not sure why everyone thinks Darth Vader is better... Boba Fett won in battle against him and fled without a hair on his head being harmed. Boba Fett had a chance to kill Darth Vader but choose not to because he knew that Darth Vader would need him again sometime in the future.
you're missing the point. How can he almost kill vader when in the movie we see him get his butt handed to him by Luke (who wasn't really a jedi) and a blind Han Solo.

Wolfninjajedi
11.19.2012 , 04:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
you're missing the point. How can he almost kill vader when in the movie we see him get his butt handed to him by Luke (who wasn't really a jedi) and a blind Han Solo.
To add to this, Vader had him on the ground and at his mercy twice. Why wouldn't he just force crush his entire body and take what he wanted?

Vader could have just simply killed Boba without damaging the casket and took what he wanted. Again the comic was

PIS= Plot Induced Stupidity, the only thing that saved Boba was the casket...well that and he had to appear in EBS/ROTJ.

WIS= Writer Induced Stupidity, because clearly the writer of the said comic just wanted to make Boba seem like some BA

CIS= Character Induced Stupidity, this is clearly on Vader because he should have just crushed Boba and take what he wanted.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Canino
11.19.2012 , 04:16 PM | #10
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if GL thought he would have been so popular he would have made Boba a bigger character.

That said, I like him. But only like. He is cool, but again, some things are just to ridiculous.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------