Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing Sage: 0% Alacrity?

Vugluskr
11.19.2012 , 06:21 AM | #61
As a sage healer I do not limit myself to only support role - sages can perform any role in a raid group perfectly. if you can not main heal in operations, you are doing something wrong.

Here is my stats: http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6881/sagewf.jpg

Not BiS, but as you can see 9% alacrity does not impact my surge rating too much. I like to be able to cast faster, and faster casts are crucial in NiM EC. With 0% alacrity you get extra 50 healing from every Salvation critical tick, but you lose versatility and limit your movement.

bryceman
11.19.2012 , 02:53 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Vugluskr View Post
As a sage healer I do not limit myself to only support role - sages can perform any role in a raid group perfectly. if you can not main heal in operations, you are doing something wrong.

Here is my stats: http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6881/sagewf.jpg

Not BiS, but as you can see 9% alacrity does not impact my surge rating too much. I like to be able to cast faster, and faster casts are crucial in NiM EC. With 0% alacrity you get extra 50 healing from every Salvation critical tick, but you lose versatility and limit your movement.
There have been plenty of times where both of the single target scoundrel healers have died and I have been able to keep the tanks up with my single target healing. Losing most of your alacrity does not gimp you as much as you might think. My only advice is that you try it out yourself before writing it off completely.

Vugluskr
11.20.2012 , 01:20 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by bryceman View Post
Losing most of your alacrity does not gimp you as much as you might think.
And why to gimp myself at all? Alacrity gives me so many benefits: every five casts I get a whole free second of movement, every ten casts give me free GCD for Adrenal or anything else, my Healing Trance channels faster, I can spam Benevolences like machine gun, and so on. If I ever need big slow heal I can get 15k in 6 seconds with Force Potency buff. So what the point in extra 4% of Surge rating?

Quote: Originally Posted by bryceman View Post
My only advice is that you try it out yourself before writing it off completely.
As I have said a few posts earlier, I have tried 0% alacrity setup. It didn't work for me.

MichelvanMeerten
11.22.2012 , 02:27 PM | #64
If I had to pick between Math or gut I'd pick math without hesitation.

Playing your own style is completely fine. Dismissing math is not.

juancawacr
05.01.2013 , 09:54 AM | #65
Has anyone looked into the changes with alacrity? There's a big fuzz about it on the update news release. I'm just wondering on how it affects a healer's build too. Here are my main big q's:
1. Does it actually speed up ticks for over-time healing powers?
2. Is it worth sacrificing crit/will/power for alacrity?
3. Is it worth sacrificing other skills for alacrity-boosting ones?
Whatcha guys think?
-Sugar or sweetener? -Sugar please, I trust canes more than chemists."
Red-Dalia - Sage Healer
- Old Republic Dads -

Toraak
05.01.2013 , 10:01 AM | #66
First off, let me say this. For 2.0 you do want some Alac (you get a 2% buff in your skill tree as a sage or sorc), but you'll never need to get rid of crit/power for Alac. Alacrity/surge are the 2 things that are the interchangeable stats on Emnhancements..

Personally I wouldn't go with a lot of Alacrity tho either. Even with the 2% buff, I'd stay around 6% Alac, and have the rest of your gear with Surge. Keep your critical % around 25-30% (your preference) I go more towards 25% myself, and stack the living crap out of power from that point on.

Directly to your questions

1) Yes it will speed up Ticks of healing

2) no it is not Possible to sacrifice Willpower/crit/power for Alacrity. (never Augment for Alac) it's not needed.

3) I don't see it as a Sacrifice for the 2% Alacrity buff in the skill tree. The skills I didn't take in the tree (and I only have 36 points in my healing tree), are more for PvP, and are unnecessary as a PvE Operation healer. PvP specs may differ of course.
Shadowbane Veteran
WoW Veteran

juancawacr
05.01.2013 , 11:08 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
Alacrity/surge are the 2 things that are the interchangeable stats on Emnhancements.
2. It is not Possible to sacrifice Willpower/crit/power for Alacrity. (never Augment for Alac) it's not needed.
Can you tell I'm new at this?
Thanks for the help!
-Sugar or sweetener? -Sugar please, I trust canes more than chemists."
Red-Dalia - Sage Healer
- Old Republic Dads -

Sludgebuster
05.04.2013 , 01:56 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by juancawacr View Post
Thanks for the help!
Just for clarity, stats come in 4 groups:

Group 0: Endurance- every mod has this, in greater or lesser amounts
Group 1: Primary stats
Group 2: Power, Crit, Defence, Absorbtion
Group 3: Surge, Accuracy, Shield, Alacrity

So- you usually trade one group element for another: for example, a mod will have either Power or Crit- but not both.. (Note that this is for Item modifications only- set pieces follow slightly different rules)

So- you can only trade willpower for another primary stat- like Strength or Aim...

Now Augments are probably what you are talking about. They come in +End and + one other stat, and can be any one... So you can have Will augs or Alacrity Augs (cleverly enough, called Alacrity Augments)...

Don't swap Will(Resolve) augments for those. Ever.

Major_Error
05.08.2013 , 02:07 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
1) Yes it will speed up Ticks of healing
Alacrity only affects cast times and channeling speeds; while Healing Trance will be faster, Rejuvenate will remain unchanged.
The Saito Legacy @ Ebon Hawk
Hiromi - Assassin . Kotone - Operative . Minori - Sith Warrior . Takane - Powertech
Chiasa - Sentinel . Shiori - Vanguard . Shuji - Scoundrel . Tomoko - Sage

Khevar
05.08.2013 , 03:22 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by juancawacr View Post
Thanks for the help!
In addition to Sludgebuster's excellent writeup, another thing to keep in mind when working out optimal gear:

1. Armorings will always be main stat (Willpower, Strength, Cunning or Aim) and Endurance only
2. Mods will always have main stat and Endurance, and (starting at level 33) one secondary stat.
3. Enhancements will never have main stat and will only be endurance plus one or two secondary stats.
4. Armoring, Mods and Enhancements have different versions with different amounts of the same stats.

Examples:

Resolve has more Willpower, Force Wielder has more Endurance.

Aptitude 30 has more Willpower+Power, Aptitude 30A and 30B have more Endurance.

Adept 30 has more Power and Surge, Efficient 30 has more Endurance.