Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidating Info on 16-man NiM Stormcaller and Firebrand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Consolidating Info on 16-man NiM Stormcaller and Firebrand

Jinxblog
11.19.2012 , 12:48 PM | #11
Glad to know the DPS taunt is a viable option in Nightmare still, but what is giving us problems isn't the taunt and switch or damage to the tanks. It's still the shield phase and transitions before and after it.

We messed around in 8 man NiM to test out strats and execution and my god, 8 man is a walk in the park. The bosses and mobs tickle. The DPS check is not nearly as demanding as well. I'm glad to see there is finally a tough challenge!
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

Donalj
11.19.2012 , 12:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
Glad to know the DPS taunt is a viable option in Nightmare still, but what is giving us problems isn't the taunt and switch or damage to the tanks. It's still the shield phase and transitions before and after it.

We messed around in 8 man NiM to test out strats and execution and my god, 8 man is a walk in the park. The bosses and mobs tickle. The DPS check is not nearly as demanding as well. I'm glad to see there is finally a tough challenge!
We killed it using the DPS taunt so it means that it works :P Shield phase is definitely the hardest part of the entire fight and requires everyone to be paying attention and killing the right things.
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

Jinxblog
11.19.2012 , 12:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
We killed it using the DPS taunt so it means that it works :P Shield phase is definitely the hardest part of the entire fight and requires everyone to be paying attention and killing the right things.
Agreed. A perfect run is the only thing that will down these guys.
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

Donalj
11.19.2012 , 01:22 PM | #14
Agreed. A perfect run is the only thing that will down these guys.
Hahaha trust me i know! Wipe after wipe! It's all about raid setup and without your A team it would be very hard to down this boss with the high dps requirements.
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

paowee
11.19.2012 , 01:26 PM | #15
Agree with the OP's thoughts. We have been having a hard time getting through the Trandoshan Adds Phase due to player error (think Firebrand / Stormcaller KB). Our lineup was a bit different, we had 3 Tanks instead of 2 (these were the available players). With 3 Tanks we did not have any problems with Incinerate. We did encounter a second DD on Stormcaller but was able to get through it by just simply pushing DPS. Imo the hardest part (for my guild at least), is getting everyone into their respective Shield bubbles during Defensive System and not dying if they find that they need to walk towards it... IA evasion, SIN evasion, SW saber ward negates the mortar volley. Not sure for Force Shroud.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
11.19.2012 , 01:29 PM | #16

Defensive Systems: This gave us the biggest curve ball. In HM, both 8 and 16 groups, the tanks would do a push back in which we would usually use to get into shields faster (position yourself to get pushed almost into the shields). However, we experienced people taking fall damage and damage from hitting any walls from this pushback. Literally, the other healer and myself would - appear - to get 1 shot after crashing into a rocky wall or after landing. After making adjustments, we found that getting off the tanks immediately and moving away around 80% on the bosses, no one would take a ton of damage from the transition.
Could the damage be coming from the Mortar Volley itself?

Get KB-> Hit a wall ->Get hit by the Mortar AoE while trying to run under the shield.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Chaqen
11.19.2012 , 01:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Could the damage be coming from the Mortar Volley itself?

Get KB-> Hit a wall ->Get hit by the Mortar AoE while trying to run under the shield.
15:04:12.094 Stormcaller Blast Tank's Defensive Systems hits Kemenotic for 843 kinetic damage, causing 843 threat.

That is on 8 man, i doubt it would be hitting for over 2k on 16 man, so it is still very little amount of damage as long as you're topped off and fly back into a shield and not in the middle of no where.

You can find the complete log here.

Donalj
11.19.2012 , 01:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
15:04:12.094 Stormcaller Blast Tank's Defensive Systems hits Kemenotic for 843 kinetic damage, causing 843 threat.

That is on 8 man, i doubt it would be hitting for over 2k on 16 man, so it is still very little amount of damage as long as you're topped off and fly back into a shield and not in the middle of no where.
Yeah i think you are right here. No one should even be using the tanks to get to their shields. It's not very hard to walk off the tank and get to your shield within the (10?) seconds defensive systems is being cast.
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

Chaqen
11.19.2012 , 01:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
Yeah i think you are right here. No one should even be using the tanks to get to their shields. It's not very hard to walk off the tank and get to your shield within the (10?) seconds defensive systems is being cast.
one can argue that you loose time to dps from running. Let say you loose 8 secs per shield phase, 4 shield phases, so a total of 32 seconds total in the fight... depending on how much dps people are pushing out walking of flying can mean the difference between death to an enrage or a kill. With that said though people shouldnt be killing themselves to dps; meaning if for what ever reason you're sitting at 50% life and DD on you, you should be poping a CD and running.

Donalj
11.19.2012 , 01:54 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
one can argue that you loose time to dps from running. Let say you loose 8 secs per shield phase, 4 shield phases, so a total of 32 seconds total in the fight... depending on how much dps people are pushing out walking of flying can mean the difference between death to an enrage or a kill. With that said though people shouldnt be killing themselves to dps; meaning if for what ever reason you're sitting at 50% life and DD on you, you should be poping a CD and running.
Another good point, but for example on stormcaller when the shield is at the other side of the door when getting knocked off you can get stuck in a tree and die. Walking worked fine for me as a sentinel who was taking double destruction and i still managed to pull out 1900 dps in the full fight and 2k dps on the bosses themselves. So if the players are somewhat competent walking is no problem.
Dólan - Hurrimarobot