Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

May the Forced Name Change be with you!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
May the Forced Name Change be with you!

Wakwazu
11.18.2012 , 10:21 PM | #1
To my Beloved,

Two. Do you know the importance of that number? I do. I hold it very close to my heart. Two is the amount of in-game tickets I have submitted in regards to this issue. Zero. Do you know the importance of that number? Zero is the number of responses, automated or otherwise, that I have received concerning my problem.

BioWare, you and I have a complicated relationship. In fact, you have thrown dozens of women at me, begging for me to sleep with them, for simply complimenting them (I'm looking at you Mass Effect 1 & 2). I want this to work out between us, babe, I really do. But, we are having severe communication problems.

My problem is that I enjoy this game, and I am a proactive subscriber. Months ago when you looked me in the eyes with those beautiful glowing globes of yours, and you said, "Honey, we are offering free server transfers. Please, if you transfer to 'The Harbinger' now, you can enjoy a higher population server, and it will make the coming merges that much easier for us to perfrom.". I looked back, longingly and whispered, "Of course BioBuns. I would do anything for you.", but love came at a cost.

I was asked to change one of my characters names. It was hard at first. It was harder than hard. It was heartbreaking, yet I endured. For us! I understood that I was a foreigner coming to a new server, and it was not my place to steal another players name (That wench!). After a long coping process I had come to terms with my new life, on my new server with you, my love. Then, disaster struck!

The prophecy was fulfilled, and the server merges began. I believe myself and our love together to be safe, because I had already taken the initiative to transfer to 'The Harbinger' I thought there would be no naming issues this time around. In the end there was. All of the characters on my account that I transferred from 'The Jek Jek Tarr' to 'The Harbinger' were supposed to be safe from this catastrophe, but they apparently were not. My Jedi Knight, "Durai", is in an unplayable state, comatose if you will, because the server is telling me that I must change his name.

Excuse me a moment while I gather my self...

This is my third plea to you! Why? Why have you forsaken me? Why must my character, who stayed on the server that I transferred to by choice have to change his name when he wasn't the one who moved this time? He's been on the same server since he moved the first time, and now I am being told that someone else has some how taken his name? WITCHCRAFT I SAY!

Love,
-Wakwazu

P.S. Why don't you guys at least send out an automated e-mail saying something about the two in-game tickets that I submitted! You guys are jerk faces! It's been almost a month, probably more, how ever long would make you feel guilty is how long it has been!

snoopdogbaby
11.18.2012 , 10:22 PM | #2
Won't lie. This was pretty funny.

Packetdancer
11.19.2012 , 12:51 AM | #3
Some folks in other threads have said they've had an name change flag on their account erroneously; they were able to re-enter the existing name just fine when they clicked to log in. So, might be worth trying that just to see?
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Wakwazu
11.19.2012 , 10:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Packetdancer View Post
Some folks in other threads have said they've had an name change flag on their account erroneously; they were able to re-enter the existing name just fine when they clicked to log in. So, might be worth trying that just to see?
I tried that, and it did not work What I have not tried is saying nasty things about SWToR:

BioWare, SWToR is a bad a game. I don't even know why I play.
  • The graphics are awful. The men need bigger chins and biceps, and the women need bigger b3wbz and no fat option. Have you never played Dead or Alive? It's called art!
  • You don't have leader-boards for me to exploit and have a massive ridiculous score just to show off my name, "B10W4R3_BL0WZ".
  • You don't have Kill Cams.
  • You don't have voice chat for me to make fun of 11 year old British Kids.
  • You're game is so talky! If I wanted to watch a movie then I would go to a movie theater!
  • The voice acting is atrocious. I wish you would have just left in the original Japanese voice overs.
  • The game probably had the buggiest launch in MMO history. World of Warcraft shut down it's servers for 5 days after its launch, because they cared about their customers. You could learn a thing or five from Anarchy Online,
  • Age of Conan, or Final Fantasy XIV.
  • The music in the game is terrible. Where's the drop?
  • The combat system needs a major overhaul. There are too many buttons to press. You should keep it down to fast attack and slow attack.

Look at what you made me do BioWare. Now, go clean your self up!

Elear
11.19.2012 , 12:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
This is my third plea to you! Why? Why have you forsaken me? Why must my character, who stayed on the server that I transferred to by choice have to change his name when he wasn't the one who moved this time? He's been on the same server since he moved the first time, and now I am being told that someone else has some how taken his name? WITCHCRAFT I SAY!
Whio was one that first forsaken this relationship? I guess we all know the answer. (Players with active subscription had priority over inactive ones)

And merge was merge, not transfers. Everyone was moved. For some reason BW decided to give new servers names after ones that got closed. Probably to keep new servers more familiar, but it backfired with waves of people thinking they weren't transfered.

Luceon
11.19.2012 , 01:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Whio was one that first forsaken this relationship? I guess we all know the answer. (Players with active subscription had priority over inactive ones)

And merge was merge, not transfers. Everyone was moved. For some reason BW decided to give new servers names after ones that got closed. Probably to keep new servers more familiar, but it backfired with waves of people thinking they weren't transfered.
Actually merging is forced transfer. It's when you take one server and combine it to another. When you merge (for example) Corellian Run to Shadowlands then the players and data from Corellian Run are being merged (there it is) to the Shadowlands server (or database). Consolidating is what they did, where they combined these separate servers and made a new server to place these combined servers onto.

To answer what happened is just that, they consolidated several servers to create 'super' servers, so everyone had a fresh start. Like this poster I quoted pointed out, BW decided to name the new 'super' servers the same as certain old servers to create some feel of familiarity. All kinds of fail.
Maybe I don't want a signature....

Packetdancer
11.19.2012 , 01:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Luceon View Post
To answer what happened is just that, they consolidated several servers to create 'super' servers, so everyone had a fresh start. Like this poster I quoted pointed out, BW decided to name the new 'super' servers the same as certain old servers to create some feel of familiarity. All kinds of fail.
They tried to convince those of us on 'origin' servers to transfer willingly to 'destination' servers ahead of the merge, though, which strongly implied those servers were the ones sticking around. Otherwise, why bother trying to encourage folks to move to one of the destination servers of their own free will ahead of the crunch?
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Wakwazu
11.19.2012 , 07:31 PM | #8
Let me see if I understand:

They asked us to transfer our characters for them, so we did.

Then they merged servers like they told us they would, but they used new servers while still calling them the same name as all the Destination Servers?

How did they chose who got to keep their character names when there was duplicates?

Why have they completely ignored my tickets? I'm not asking for a speedy response from them, or even a personal response at all, but I haven't received an automated message stating that they received my issue like every other support team sends. My ticket doesn't even populate in my ticket history in the customer support Window.

This who situation is a mess, and I feel like I am navigating it with a blindfold!

MAXIMUM SADFACE OVERDRIVE!!

mentalmackem
11.19.2012 , 07:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
Let me see if I understand:

They asked us to transfer our characters for them, so we did.

Then they merged servers like they told us they would, but they used new servers while still calling them the same name as all the Destination Servers?

How did they chose who got to keep their character names when there was duplicates?

Why have they completely ignored my tickets? I'm not asking for a speedy response from them, or even a personal response at all, but I haven't received an automated message stating that they received my issue like every other support team sends. My ticket doesn't even populate in my ticket history in the customer support Window.

This who situation is a mess, and I feel like I am navigating it with a blindfold!

MAXIMUM SADFACE OVERDRIVE!!
What i dont get is how your just noticing this now, this has been done a few months now and the forums where in a rage then but people are over it.

IMO if you havent been subbed and you have lost your name then you cant really complain you unsubbed from the game

Wakwazu
11.19.2012 , 07:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
What i dont get is how your just noticing this now, this has been done a few months now and the forums where in a rage then but people are over it.

IMO if you havent been subbed and you have lost your name then you cant really complain you unsubbed from the game
I never unsubbed. This is my first post on the Forums regarding the issue. I've submitted multiple in-game tickets, and have received no responses. This has been going on for a while.