Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What I would pay $ for (regarding PvP)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What I would pay $ for (regarding PvP)

Mharz
11.19.2012 , 09:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
I would love to be able to pay money and get War Hero gear or EQUAL states in the Cartel market. That's not anything close to Pay2Win, it's Pay2BeEqual.
Pay to be equal with far less time put into PvP. Nothing wrong with this in my opinion. In fact those of us who have put in the time should be in favor of this. Full WH gear without the play time just gives me a target with lots of gear, not a lot of skill and with an ego (I have the best PvP gear in the game! I'm unstoppable!) which means more kills, more wins, and shorter q-times.

What I would pay for:

Even games. Just to start the game with 8 people on each side.

CC breaker stims. Yep. Make them something like $5/each and they break CC and make you immune for 10 seconds. I'd buy 100 of them day 1 and use them for my dailies. Although with all the stuns and stupid crap that would probably last me about 2 days.

Decent looking PvP gear.

The ability to pick what WZ I go to. I don't care for certain WZs. I know other people have their favorites and least favorites.

All I can think of at this point.
#The Furious Angels#
Mharz - Master of Aequitas
Website|The Signal|HQ
Libertas|Emeritus|Veritas|Aequitas|Praelium|Ad Astra|Velox

TheronFett
11.19.2012 , 09:52 AM | #12
I would pay to be a moderator of these forums. There'd be about 5 threads left.

L-RANDLE
11.19.2012 , 10:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
I would pay to be a moderator of these forums. There'd be about 5 threads left.
+1

/5char
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

TridusSWTOR
11.19.2012 , 10:26 AM | #14
I would pay for valor rank to be account shared. In case you don't feel like grinding on a certain AC type(aka commando).

I would pay for maybe a pvp pack which would include: wz adrenals, valor boost, pvp exp boost.

I think those would be nice to add to the game.

TridusSWTOR
11.19.2012 , 10:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post
Then you should go and make your own game. The moment they put the best gear in CShop, or anything that is giving the boost in pvp and pve, is the moment 90% of subs will leave, leaving only people who want to pay to win, which will make servers empty. There are so many pay to win games (read: free). Stop trying to screw SWToR just because of your needs.
You should stop thinking world is spinning around you and your family. If you do not have the time, do not play the game. Every person has 24 hours, not every has the money. Sooner you get this into your brain, the less selfish you become. That brings me to the other question that has nothing to do with the game: Why are you "family people" so freaking selfish and jealous on us who were not bored enough to get married and destroy our lives with stupidity (just like you did)?
If we all got 24 hours but you don't have enough money. Then stop mooching off mom and dad and get a job.

foxmob
11.19.2012 , 10:45 AM | #16
what bothers me about the system is that it takes advantage of subscribers. ok. sure. as a subscriber from day one, i started with over 2k cartel cash. I grabbed an armor then as many packs as I could. why? cuz a +41 power/crit/end/exp crystal on a level 10 toon is INSANELY ADVANTAGEOUS. when I didn't get one, I said "aw shucks." then I talked to a guildy who subs, and he has already dropped $40 on cartel coins to get all the goodies. I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. **** THAT! if you wanna make it so that F2Pers have to pay to be competitive, then hey...motivation to sub. I find it insulting that I'm throwing down all this $$$ in sub fees, and I still need to pay to be competitive. (yes, this particular case only applies to a lowbie). at least with the legacy unlocks, it was POSSIBLE to grind out the credits to pay for in game. now...it's just pure money grab. yes, it saddens me.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

L-RANDLE
11.19.2012 , 10:50 AM | #17
P2W is not actually a bad idea, if that was the ground rules set forth from the start so you could actually choose which route you wanted to go. They could have easily put a puchase cap in P2W items so you couldn't instagib everyone, but alas, they didn't design it to be that way.

Should we change it now?

The short answer is no...

The long answer is that you alienate a significant portion of most dedicated players, who also happen to keep populations "healthy"... Changing it now is NGE type stuff....

There also should be "loose" mods/enh/arm at every gear level. They should be premium priced, and use all forms of in-game currency, EXCEPT for cartel coins. That way you could avoid any alienation of "hardcores", but give additional avenues to gear for PvP.

The ability to buy PvP pieces with Daily Comms/BH Comms/COL Comms, would give multiple avenues to get loose pieces. It take 700 WZ comms to buy a BM Impants. Make it take an "equivelant" amount of daily comms (RAK is 120, make BM 360 daily comms).
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Smashbrother
11.19.2012 , 11:49 AM | #18
I don't have a problem grinding gear on my main, but it gets incredibly tedious to have to do it on all my alts. I'd like some way to expedite alt gearing.

DarthOvertone
11.19.2012 , 12:22 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by dinnaya View Post
Implementing that would make this a p2w game.
What the OP proposed is not P2W. Pay 2 Win is purchasing items through the store which cannot be obtained through normal gameplay that give players an unfair advantage over other players.

The gear grind, as it stands, is a perfect example of something that could be alleviated by the F2P store within reason. I'm not necessarily advocating this, but it certainly is not P2W.

I have full min/max WH gear on two Mains (Imp & Pub). I'm not going to do it again on a third toon. Even if there was an option to purchase this gear in the store, I would not buy it for my alts. The grind is not something I consider difficult, but in the spirit of good fights in PvP, I like the idea of there being additional avenues to even the playing field for all players.

I would prefer to have good endgame fights in PvP than an endgame grind, and since grind is equivalent to time, I do not object at all to the idea that someone could pay to ease that grind via the store.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mharz View Post
CC breaker stims.
This is an absolutely fantastic idea. Would love to see this type of item available via Crafting with an option to purchase in the store. Since there is already a craftable form of CC (grenades), there should be a craftable form of anti-CC. In fact, I would prefer to see the introduction of this type of item, rather than a nerf to the Cybertech Crew Skill which creates grenades.

Great idea.

Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
The ability to buy PvP pieces with Daily Comms/BH Comms/COL Comms, would give multiple avenues to get loose pieces. It take 700 WZ comms to buy a BM Impants. Make it take an "equivelant" amount of daily comms (RAK is 120, make BM 360 daily comms).
I would be in agreement with this only if the converse was true...that I could use WZ/RWZ Comms to obtain PvE gear. Sorry but that PvE gear is relevant for min/maxing in PvP too, not just for Ops content progression. Since BW has been very adamant about keeping the two separated PvE/PvP, I doubt this would happen. But you never know.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Dacer
11.19.2012 , 10:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
what bothers me about the system is that it takes advantage of subscribers. ok. sure. as a subscriber from day one, i started with over 2k cartel cash. I grabbed an armor then as many packs as I could. why? cuz a +41 power/crit/end/exp crystal on a level 10 toon is INSANELY ADVANTAGEOUS. when I didn't get one, I said "aw shucks." then I talked to a guildy who subs, and he has already dropped $40 on cartel coins to get all the goodies. I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. **** THAT! if you wanna make it so that F2Pers have to pay to be competitive, then hey...motivation to sub. I find it insulting that I'm throwing down all this $$$ in sub fees, and I still need to pay to be competitive. (yes, this particular case only applies to a lowbie). at least with the legacy unlocks, it was POSSIBLE to grind out the credits to pay for in game. now...it's just pure money grab. yes, it saddens me.
...I Know you are serious And thats whats just so hard to believe.

You are worried about being competitive while lvling? Also there is very little advantage you get from having these color crystals - for one there is still a bolster buff for sub 50 warzones.