Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is happening to PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What is happening to PvP?

aVmuse
11.19.2012 , 03:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DubFanahtic View Post
Seems like reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

5K Shock + Madness Tree speced Half Shock (2.5k Damage) + 6k Maul = ?

Maybe you can redeem yourself with math.
5k+2.5k = 7.5k
+6k = 13.5k

Unless you killed the lowest hp recruit sorc in the game which means they usually wouldnt be in full recruit, as most recruits have 14k hp or a slight bit above 13.5k, I still fail to see how you managed to two shot a recruit geared player, unless it was someone who wasn't using much recruit and had a ridiculously low amount of HP.

stringcat
11.19.2012 , 03:41 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Madvillainist View Post
People don't get "better" at MMO PvP lol
Untrue. I used to totally suck. Now I am fairly mediocre!

People learn the maps, strategies, not to break the first mezz, and skills of other classes.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

LarryRow
11.19.2012 , 09:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
The "skill" to have the patience to stick through all those bloodbath Warzones in order to get your PvP gear.
Not if you played since the beginning and kept your gear at the top of the curve, so you were never facing opponents with more gear when the new stuff came out.

With legacy mailing, you can even gear up alts without ever having to play with a gear disadvantage. Newer players don't have that luxury.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

LarryRow
11.19.2012 , 09:14 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by RycheMykola View Post
5 is still inconsequential.

LOL, do you seriously think all the F2Pers are going to open that many accounts? The ones that do, are probably actually GOOD at PVP.
Are you thinking a F2P person can level to 50 with 6-8 toons in 3 days?!?!?!?!
It's opening weekend. I bet a lot of them paid the money for a pass to see if it was worth it. I know I saw what seemed like a lot of F2Pers in lowbie pvp this weekend.

P.S. most of them are rolling imperial. Glorious day for the republic!
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Wainamoinen
11.19.2012 , 09:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
P.S. most of them are rolling imperial. Glorious day for the republic!
"We few, we happy few."
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Technohic
11.19.2012 , 09:27 AM | #26
LOL I noticed a lot of bad imperial play while playing on the republic side sub-50, but there are some on the republic side.

Watching people fight away from the node; them going head on out in the open against 6 of the other team. When I say to fight at node, they ***** about not getting some heals out there. One continued to ***** the entire time and was at the very bottom on all counts at the end of the match.

Luckily for me, the odds are that they are mostly on the imp side while I am leveling my republic toons now.