Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvE] Alacrity - really?

Biggilus
11.19.2012 , 05:50 AM | #1
So I'm wondering if Alacrity is needed at all for endgame PvE healing. The most commonly used healing abilities are all instacast (Surgical Probe, Kolto Probe, Recuperative Nanotech) so alacrity is wasted there. I seldom use Kolto Injection but with the reduced activation time form the healing tree itself it does alright for me. My only concern was Diagnostic Scan, purely for energy management - currently it sits at 1.8s and was wondering if its worth pushing that to 1.5s or so just so I can bump energy up quicker if needed. But then I only ever spam that three or four times and that seems to be enough, again wondering if the Alacrity stat is worthy just for energy management.

Thoughts?

CaptainApop
11.19.2012 , 07:02 AM | #2
Which is better;

4% surge only doing something 40-42% of the time.

10% faster cast time on our highest hps abilities (excluding aoe) and diagnostic scan.

Becuase that is your choice. You do not get more power, crit or anything else. It's diminished surge (past 250) or alacrity.
There are a dozen of these threads scattered across the AC and healing forums so forgive me if I don't go into anymore detail.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd