Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic BiS?

KeyboardNinja
11.18.2012 , 03:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by floriwie View Post
I really don' understand the logic, for ex, a tick of Kolto Probe heals me 800 HP and every 3s, is it really that important to have 500 HP over 3s every 20s....if the healer is missing 500 HP over 20s, then I am going to survive very long anyway....

Compared to have, lets say, DG Boundless Age, to keep my aggro high with FL with 3 HD and Energize.....
Best in slot for tanks is generally considered to be the gear which maximizes survivability. The proc heal relic does exactly that. You can go with the activated power relic if you want, but that's not best in slot. It's an off-beat, albeit mostly viable gear choice, but not best in slot. What you are suggesting is analogous to wearing a piece of DPS gear to improve threat, rather than sticking with all tanking mods.

Threat is a non-issue for assassin/shadow tanks. Go with the proc heal. It contributes substantially to overall survivability.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

IrishTR
11.19.2012 , 01:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Best in slot for tanks is generally considered to be the gear which maximizes survivability. The proc heal relic does exactly that. You can go with the activated power relic if you want, but that's not best in slot. It's an off-beat, albeit mostly viable gear choice, but not best in slot. What you are suggesting is analogous to wearing a piece of DPS gear to improve threat, rather than sticking with all tanking mods.

Threat is a non-issue for assassin/shadow tanks. Go with the proc heal. It contributes substantially to overall survivability.
I know these may not be the BiS's but I run the Matrix Cube and the Campaign Relic of Shielded Amplification (on hit proc 405 absorb) I've tanked EC HM, TFB SM (no HM yet because he's not my main) seems to be descent enough combo and I don't feel I'm too squishy (I also have a PT and Jugg tank and all 3 differ as they should).

I'm wondering with this talk of the healing proc relic what about using that with the DG Relic of Shielded Amplification?

Now this isn't a pun at all Sin Tanks, I normally play either tank or healer mostly healer (I have all 3 healers all 3 tanks full Campaign or better gear and generally think I do good at it). I healed a Sin Tank that had 2 proc heal relics (wasnt the best choice to use 2 but he he said he was working to get a different 2nd). Anyways his gear didn't seem terrible but he got hit like a truck compared to what I feel while on my Sin with his relic setup. So again I'm just curious why the healing route vs the mitigation route being touted as BiS and some numbers to go with. Please not attacking just looking to share info for success!

Aurojiin
11.19.2012 , 02:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by IrishTR View Post
wasnt the best choice to use 2
You don't say. His second slot might as well have been empty, notwithstanding the Endurance.

I'll never understand people who do things like that. Why not just go buy a Champion relic for 11k-odd in the meantime?
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

oaceen
11.19.2012 , 04:00 AM | #24
Short answer: yes, it is worth it. In fact, the Dread Guard proc heal relic is best in slot for shadow/assassin tanks right now, with other relics trailing fairly far behind. I haven't run the numbers on the new PvP relics yet, but I suspect BiS is now EWH defense paired with DG proc heal.

Quick reminder: bosses in TOR hit like a wet noodle. 500 points of healing is actually quite a bit.
my shadow is still using the campaign relic for now because of the higher endurance along with the new dread guard absorb proc

i don't have the extra daily comms on him right now to upgrade the healing relic, but i'm not sure if i really want to.

Quote: Originally Posted by IrishTR View Post
I know these may not be the BiS's but I run the Matrix Cube and the Campaign Relic of Shielded Amplification (on hit proc 405 absorb) I've tanked EC HM, TFB SM (no HM yet because he's not my main) seems to be descent enough combo and I don't feel I'm too squishy (I also have a PT and Jugg tank and all 3 differ as they should).
on your assassin tank you're using the matrix cube? it's horrible. you'd be much better off with a champion def relic, and you can buy it for 11k

schnopsnosn
11.19.2012 , 04:07 AM | #25

I'm sorry but could you please post numbers that prove that the heal-proc-relic provides better survivability over a +97def relic?

IrishTR
11.19.2012 , 05:23 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
my shadow is still using the campaign relic for now because of the higher endurance along with the new dread guard absorb proc

i don't have the extra daily comms on him right now to upgrade the healing relic, but i'm not sure if i really want to.

on your assassin tank you're using the matrix cube? it's horrible. you'd be much better off with a champion def relic, and you can buy it for 11k
Yea I have have that too this guy is again my 3rd tank, was previously BH/Camp geared DPS and recently switched to Tank mostly min maxed BH some rakata mods left but eh I got 8 50s to keep up with most are BH/Camp or better. I'll go grab the Dread Guard Healing and see how it goes.

Thufir_Hawat
11.19.2012 , 05:39 AM | #27
I got the internal damage one and the power proc for my Anhillation Mara, did Nightmare Pilgrim with 3 healers, 3 tanks and 10 DPS. Put down almost 15% of raid wide damage, ahead of next highest by 1%.

For Anhil the internal proc relic also takes your stance form bonus so you get an extra 10% damage out of it, plus it uses your crit chance and surge, with multiple bleeds occuring you have multiple chances to proc it each time it comes off cool down so pretty potent for this build.

Windybanker
11.19.2012 , 06:45 AM | #28
We need someone to look at these for healers too

the Dread Guard Boundless Ages relic is really nice. Most of the descriptions of this item are wrong across the net, it has +47 static power now. If you augment it with a power augment you are only giving up 38 static power to the Battlemaster Relic and in return you are getting +350 clicky power that lasts 30 seconds on a 2 min cooldown

I think coupled with a WH pvp relic this is BIS?

I ran HM TfB last night with a Triage Adrenal and this new Power Relic and when I double trinketed my innervate crits were hitting near 2500 and my Reviv crits were near 1000 on everyone. Solid stuff.

Garell
11.19.2012 , 09:12 AM | #29
Don't post "Opinion".

Make a spreadsheet, or learn to code simcraft programmes for yourself.

Then post "FACT"

Like me...

DarkDisturbed
11.19.2012 , 09:29 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
DPS and Healing Proc relics are terrible. The only proc relic you should use is the tank proc relic.
What? LOLOLOLOL. The DPS proc is BiS. It's the tank proc relic that is ****.